“All depends on which part of the hotel you're in....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of ONE UN New York

You added ONE UN New York to your Saves list
ONE UN New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One United Nations Plaza, 44th Street (Between First and Second Avenue), New York City, NY 10017-3575 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Now & Save up to 20%
Ranked #333 of 464 Hotels in New York City
London, UK
“All depends on which part of the hotel you're in....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights on business last November. But - crucially - not in the re-furbished West Wing. The rest of the hotel is tired and slightly scruffy, so choose your room wisely - I had no choice as I was travelling with a very large party organised by my company.

My room was spacious, with great views - but the huge expanse of window meant that it was quite cold in November, even with the heating on full blast all day and night. The fittings in the room were tired, and it was obvious where the mini-bar had been removed (big hole in desk, with wires sticking out) and there were no other amenities such as a kettle or fridge. Had to ask for the bathroom toiletries to be replaced, but just got a pile of shampoos rather than any shower gels or hair conditioners - a small thing, but just added to the sense of being a second class guest in the older part of the hotel.

Breakfast buffet was great, with excellent selection and good service. Gym equipment very limited in number and variety but enough for an OK work out - and the views from the gym are amazing. Concierge and reception very helpful. Location - opposite United Nations and 5 mins walk to Central Stn, less than 15 to Times Square - is very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished West Wing room - anything else is tired and basic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ONEUNNewYork, Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the One UN, New York. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the location of our property and the views from the room. I would love to personally discuss this further with you and can be reached at gturkmenoglu@mill-usa.com.

Hotel Manager, One UN New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our room on the 36th floor was a superior king. It had a fabulous view of upper manhatten. The Pool on the 28th floor was a luxury by manhatten standards. The pool hours are a bit scattered , so check if you want to use it. We ordered a cot for our daughter when we checked in, it never did show up , we did not make an issue of it, the king size beds where big enough for three of us. The rooms where clean an well serviced. The plaza deli on the corner was a great place to get a cheap breakfast or sandwich , it does not look like much from the outside but it has a lot of regular customers. The location is about 4 blocks to grand central , but there is bus service on first avenue. I would stay here again.

Dear Mr. Stan K.,

Thank you for sharing your family’s stay at the One UN, New York. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our pool facility and rooms, and apologize for not having sent the rollaway as requested. We will address it to the staff concerned. I look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week to attend meetings at the UN. In terms of location to the UN, it doesn't get any better. Check in was efficient if not a little cold. Even though I provided a voucher for the room confirming it was prepaid, there were still charges placed on my card which I had to spend some time sorting through during my stay which while not a big problem was a hassle I didn't need. I got a corner room which afforded me views of downtown Manhattan and the UN, very quiet and comfortable. I ordered room service a few times, it arrived very quickly and was hot and tasty, very impressive given it is a large hotel. There is a cafe on the ground floor which makes good coffee/tea and sells pastries and sandwiches, this was really helpful given that it was extremely cold in the morning and meant one less trip outside to get breakfast. Whilst I was happy with the room, I used the bath and found the water was not very hot as it came out of the taps and sometimes the shower suffered from the same problem. The extra charges on my card and the lack of hot water were more annoying than anything, I would stay here again for my work related activities.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the One UN, New York. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the location of our property and the views from the room. I apologize for the extra charges on your card and the lack of hot water. I would be happy to personally discuss this further with you. I can be reached at gturkmenoglu@mill-usa.com

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Was a long time since we visited but it was a great location, friendly staff and the most amazing views of iconic buildings in New York. Made even more special as it was Christmas. Would definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ONEUNNewYork, Hotel Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Rob M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at the One UN, New York. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our views and appreciate your nice comments about our staff. I look forward to your return visit.

New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our first time at this hotel. I was bringing my two boys, ages 7 and 9, to explore NYC for a couple days during their February break from school. The primary reason for booking this property specifically was the pool.

The staff was great. Our check in was fast, friendly and pleasant. Our room was nice, although the bathroom didn't seem very clean and there was weird brownish insulation coming out of the bottom of the bathroom door.

We were very disappointed by the pool. The water was extremely murky and the entire pool area smelled dirty and musty. The lifeguard was not very friendly, demanding that we shower the second we walked into the pool area, before we had a chance to get towels or get settled. My kids, who are OBSESSED with swimming, stayed for about ten minutes and wanted to leave. They never went back.

The shower in our room had such poor water pressure that I could not rinse my hair after shampooing. NOT what I paid for.

Also, there was no ice bucket in our room. I called the front desk and they told me that they were on the 28th floor with the ice machine. No problem. When I got to the 28th floor, I found a stack of USED waxed paper buckets that were all wet and some were moldy. Seriously? Had no choice but to look through them and pick one that looked the least bad.

It's the little things that make customers happy. None of this hotel's little things did that.

Dear Mrs. Stephanie M.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is important to us and I would be happy to personally discuss this further with you. I can be reached at gturkmenoglu@mill-usa.com

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment my son and I checked in to the new west wing at One UN we were made to feel at home. First by Avery at check in, then up in the hall entering our room by Hai. My son had been scheduled for a surgery which did not go as well as planned and my stay was longer than expected. The front desk and all managers Gouel, Tatiana and Steven made sure we were happy and comfortable during this healing process. The entire hotel knew about my son and made us feel at home and went beyond the call of duty. Every chambermaid and Saky at the Skyline Bar became a friend. At a time where another hotel may have taken advantage, they did everything they could to help. They made us feel like we lived there and I plan on staying at this hotel for future NY visits. I highly recommend it! It is a 6 Star hotel to me. If you have any concerns please discuss with the staff their main objective is to make sure you are happy during your stay. Thank you again.

Room Tip: West Wing is brand new, clean and very contemporary. It also is close to the Skyline Bar.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ONEUNNewYork, Manager at ONE UN New York, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Ms. Janine G,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the One UN, New York. I am happy to hear of your positive experience at our property, and appreciate your nice comments about our staff. I wish your son a speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming your family back in the future.

Gul G Turkmenoglu
Hotel Manager, ONE UN New York
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

the new west tower is great. . staff is nice. Nicole was very helpful at check out. one small negative, a problem in the skyline lounge though, Aliona wasn't very pleasant, and she forgot my wake up call and gave me keys to the wrong room.

oh yeah, great views.

Room Tip: try to get in the west tower.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I would be happy to personally discuss this further with you. I can be reached at gturkmernoglu@mill-usa.com.

Gul G Turkmenoglu
Hotel Manager, ONE UN New York

Been to ONE UN New York? Share your experiences!