“Great food and guide” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manhattan Walking Tour

Manhattan Walking Tour
347 West 55th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)
914-564-0461
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #12 of 509 activities in New York City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Our tours are like having a friend in NYC showing you around their neighborhood. You call, we listen, and then suggest the perfect day for you in the most interesting neighborhoods: Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Times Square and many more, sampling the best foods the City has to offer. This is nothing like a bus tour; it's a personal experience where the history is part of the tour, but the behind-the-scenes stories are part of us.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Miami, Florida
“Great food and guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went on the Hell's Kitchen Food Tour and Central Park Tour. Our Guide was Gary and he was the best. He has a great personality and good stories that are very informative about the food and the areas you visit. You get a good variety and nice size portions of the foods. I was on this tour with three girlfriends and we all had a blast and ate way too much. Thank goodness we also did the Central Tour! Do this tour. It won't disappoint.

• Polish first
Rutherford, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Hidden treasures in NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I have lived 30 minutes outside of NYC my whole life and both of my parents are originally from NYC but there are still so many neighborhoods I have not visited. I took the Chinatown food tour and the historic downtown tour. Both were amazing! Chinatown was such a great cultural experience. The amount of history in the neighborhood is incredible and the food is fantastic! Our tour guide, Alex, was extremely friendly and did everything he could to make sure we were enjoying the day. After the Chinatown tour, I was stuffed! Definitely the best Chinese food I have ever had.

The historic downtown tour was also a great experience. Our tour guide packed a lot of great information into an hour and a half and a lot of great stories about the area. It's incredible that I have lived here so long and still learned so much!

I would definitely recommend these tours and I am excited to go on another one soon! A great way to experience the city whether you are just visiting or have lived here forever.

Visited November 2013
“Manhattan international food walking tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

This was less than what we expected. Exceptionally overpriced, even with the living social discount. Barely a small bite at each stop---we had to stop for lunch to eat after the tour. We got the added history of Hell's Kitchen along with the drama/theatrics tour. Much of the taste tests were eating with plastic ware on street corners. Save your money and choose five random spots along 8th Ave between 40th-50th and you'll have a much more rewarding experience. The guide was nice and friendly but we really felt that this tour was misrepresented. Never again!

Visited December 2013
dabear215, Owner at Manhattan Walking Tour, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
We are upset we did not live up to your expectations and we truly value input to help us enhance the tour experience. The guide you had on the day is one of our best, with nothing but 5 star reviews over the past year, so I'm sorry this was not the same for your tour. I know her to be extremely thorough with her research of the area. Please let me know what kind of history you think we can add to give this tour more value.

As far as the food, you mentioned there were only a few bites. 2 orders each of 3 items at the first stop alone cannot be called a small bite. If you add 2 items each at the next 2 stops, plus 2 more stops, and finally a massive dessert with 3 scoops of ice cream in a chocolate covered doughnut, with toppings, we can't understand your review. You mention eating on street corners with plastic forks. This is a walking tour, and cannot understand how you expected sit downs in 6 different places in 2 hours. Two of the stops are indoors, which is more than most walking tours with food. Several people on that same day, asked us to stop feeding them because there was too much food. You might have seen some of our past reviews that also mention how much food, and how full they were.

I almost never write a rebuttal to people's reviews, since I feel that you are entitled to your opinion, but I feel like your review was mean spirited, and are really trying to take away business from us. We are a small, family run company, who relies on TripAdvisor for most of our business. This review is blatantly unfair, and your expectations were unrealistic.
Fraser Coast
3 attraction reviews
“Walk, Eat, Learn.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My partner and I spent four hours in the company of Sarah, our guide around the high line and village district. It was probably the best four hours of our trip to the US. Apart from being the ideal way of seeing the “real” New York, Sarah was insightful, entertaining and genuinely warm towards us. What’s more, her extensive knowledge of the area and the history was more than enough for my barrage of questions. The high line gives you a fantastic vantage point to take great photos and as a continuous open space is a real asset to the city. Along the tour we sampled some local food – the pizza and falafels were real highlights for me. I cannot thank Sarah enough for this unique and enjoyable experience. If the other guides in the company are even half as good, you are guaranteed of a really top tour.

Visited November 2013
Salt Lake City, UT
“Manhattan Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Alex was our guide and he truly was amazing. He had so much knowledge of the various areas. Fun guide, great food, and very educational in a entertaining way! Two thumbs up for Alex!