“Went crazy at macy's” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Macy's Herald Square

Macy's Herald Square
151 West 34th Street, New York City, NY (Garment District)
+1 212-594-4772
Ranked #40 of 591 Shopping in New York City
Type: Department Stores, Shopping
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: From its inception, Macy's Herald Square was a store unlike any other. Over the past 150 years, it has become a true New York City icon. Built in 1902, Macy's Herald Square was the first building to have the modern-day escalator, and it has continued to be a trendsetter. Today, "America's Largest Department Store" covers an entire city block with 11 levels of the latest fashions for you and your home. Macy's offers a full-service Visitor Center on the Mezzanine Level, plus restaurants throughout the store and exciting events almost every day.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
6 attraction reviews
“Went crazy at macy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is awesome. Bought so much clothes that my luggage was in danger to explode when i stuffed them there. I´m so afraid to see my credit card bill. Remember to go and get a 10% discount card from visitors centre downstairs if you are an international visitor,

Visited January 2013

Potter Bar, Herts (near London), England
125 attraction reviews
“Harrods eat your heart out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This store has carved its reputation out and has something for everybody most at affordable prices. They also cater for designer clothes and often have bargains. This store should be on your must do list if visiting New York for the first or any re-visits. They also have a number of places where you can grab a bite to eat.

Visited August 2012
Ironbridge Gorge, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
“You need to know what you are looking for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

A huge store and I mean HUGE!
As soon as you enter you get approached to test perfumes........about 30 of them. I normally love the cosmetic counters but had to avoid here as kept getting approached.
This store has absolutely everything and is great for a wonder around if browsing. If there is something specific you want and you don't know the store you may find ut a little difficult due to it's size.
It's quite well laid out though and a fantastic building with old original features. Staff were also helpful.
I visited as it was "Macy's" and it's a must do in NYC. I wouldn't return if I went back again though.

Visited December 2012
Glenelg, Australia
21 attraction reviews
“Amazing- but you have to know where you are going!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I came by myself and had such a good day!
I got a bit lost at first... but once I found the right floor, I was in Heaven.
There was a big jan sale on and I got all these great bargains from Tommy Hilfiger.
Prices were 60-80% off and it was just such a fun experience.
If you are international... make sure you head to the desk first and get yourself a 10% off everything discount card. I also liked the fact that there was a starbucks inside. My credit card stopped working ( aus card) while I was inside Macy's so I just grabbed a coffee called the bank and then kept shopping!

Visited January 2013
Northampton, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
“Christmas at Macy's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to NYC on Dec 18 and I have never seeing so many people together.
New York was beautiful and we thought Macy's experience should be god idea. Silly idea. It was terrible. People bugging you with perfume sprays until we get to scalator to go up (elevator was an option, only for pregnant woman and hand cap). It was insane, We couldn't even stop in any floor to look around because the guards (everywhere) kept telling us "go, go, go". We finally made to the last floor where we want to see Santa. There was a 2 hours wait in line just to get in the room that Santa was. We left, running down (literally) was fast we could. I couldn't even get my breath and people where saying "keep moving, keep moving, that way, this way". I didn't buy anything. NEVER AGAIN.

Visited December 2012