“Nice time in NYC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel New York

You added Sofitel New York to your Saves list
Sofitel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay Longer and Save 20%!
Ranked #70 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Geneva, Switzerland
“Nice time in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We spent 4 nights locally, and really enjoyed our stay. Very quiet room (we were on 18th floor, maybe why...) equipped with a very comfortable Queen size bed and a fit for purpose bathroom with a dedicated shower and a bath.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GMOfficeNewYork, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you for sharing your impressions on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted you appreciated the comfort of our SoBed and the separate bathtub and shower.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sofitel New York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Turkish first
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Admittedly I haven't stayed here in a little while, but I just loved everything about it! The rooms were large and comfortable, the location was great and, as I said in the title, after being out all day in the hustle and bustle of the city, it was lovely to come back into the comfort of this fab hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lovely experience at the Sofitel New York.
We are delighted to hear you had the great time with us and appreciated the comfort and calm we are offering in our rooms, despite the great proximity with the attraction of Times Square.
We are looking forward to your return during your future stay.
Sofitel New York.
San Antonio, Texas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've been a fan of the Sofitel Hotels for years. They are always clean, well appointed and the service is very good. This one had a great location as have all the previous Sofitel's I've stayed in. I would stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GMOfficeNewYork, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for your loyalty toward Sofitel. We are very pleased you had a lovely experience with us and appreciated our very convenient location.
We are looking for another opportunity to show you the quality of service we are well-known for around the world.
Sofitel New York.
Warren, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

While I was totally pleased with the first day and a half of my stay at the Sofitel, the last few hours really did sour the experience.

Check in was handled promptly and professionally and I was sent off to my room on the 8th floor. The elevators were plentiful, quick, and clean. The public spaces on the lobby level were high class, clean, and appealing.

The hallways were also quite nice and had twists and curves and were quite interesting.

Upon entering the room I was pleased. Nice clean carpeting, plush bedding, a large flat screen tv all made for a great first impression. The bathroom area was another highlight. A full soaking tub, walk in shower and great lighting by the sink area were very impressive. The beds had great mattresses, comfortable sheets and great pillows.

The second morning of my stay I went to shower around 7:00am and discovered no hot water. I immediately called the front desk who said they would sent engineering right up. 45 minutes later I had still not heard from anyone so figured they may have just resolved the issue without letting me know. Still no hot water available. I threw on some shorts and went down to the front desk to find out what was going on. The manager showed little concern and got on his radio and said that someone would be up shortly. After another 30 minutes I finally gave up and took an ice cold shower. I was shivering like a chihuahua by the time i got out of the shower. I had things I wanted to do before checking out so I took off before the noon checkout and would pick-up my bags before check-out. When i showed up at 11:45am to pick my bags up there was a message from engineering at 11:15am saying that my shower problem had been resolved. Gosh thanks, it only took 4 1/2 hours.

To be fair I would assume that my experience wasn't the norm. The lack of compassion and caring by the front desk staff soured what, up to that point, had been a 5-star experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GMTito, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel New York. We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem.
We regret that you experienced such situation with the lack of hot water during your stay, please accept our apologies for all the inconvenience of such problem. We had a technical problem that we couldn’t fix as fast as we would like.
The lack of attention, care and compassion from the manager at reception is unacceptable. We strive for the highest level of professionalism. While that individual does not reflect our philosophy or the way we train our staff, we are very concerned that you did not receive the exemplary service you deserve. I have requested that our head of human resources institute a review of our training procedures.
Again, please accept our apologies. I am glad that you assume this episode as not to be the norm. We hope that you will consider staying at Sofitel New York again so that we may show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known around the world.

Jorge Tito
San Nicolaas, ARUBA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I really liked this property. Rooms are nice with good amenities and comfortable beds. Front desk staff was friendly but bell staff was non responsive and almost hostile. When luggage was delivered to my room, the bellman dumped it on the floor and walked out without a word of thanks when I tipped him. He didn't offer to put the suitcase on a rack or anything that would resemble good service, especially based on the normal rates of this hotel.
Upon check out, I waited 10 minutes for the bellman to come but he was more friendly than the other individual was.
Hotel has nice facilities and a good restaurant. The rooms are of good quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GMOfficeNewYork, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank very much for taking the time to share your experience at the Sofitel New York.
We regret that you experienced rude service from one of our bellman. We strive for the highest level of professionalism. While that individual does not reflect our philosophy or the way we train our staff, we are very concerned that you did not receive the exemplary service you deserve. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back during your future visit in the City.
Mayo, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed recently in the Sofitel, New York whist on business in the city. The hotel is in a great location I walked to most of my meetings which was a bonus. The rooms are well appointed and the bathroom is great with a lovely bath and separate shower. The quality of the food in the restaurant is excellent and the complimentary coffee in the mornings is a very nice touch.

On the downside the reception seemed overwhelmed at times and the rates are on the high side but then again there are no bargains in New York..

Overall the hotel provided a lovely base in a great city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your last business trip in Manhattan.
We are glad to hear that you had a great stay and that you appreciated our location which enabled you to walk to your different meetings.
We are looking forward to your return,
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel, in comparison to the normal convention accommodation in New York.

I stayed here for a business trip recently and have to say was very impressed with the hotel. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and remembered little details such as my breakfast preference from one day to the next. Attention to detail is clearly very important and cleanliness was of a very high standard.

The bedrooms are of a high standard for New York, and also of a reasonable size and well-appointed. The bathrooms are also very nice, with an excellent shower and good supply of quality toiletries. The beds, in particular, were very very comfortable. Although a quiet hotel in general, the floor plate on the upper floors is quite small so it is hard to be away from the noise of the lifts.

The standard of food and beverage is high, with a good choice of food - though on the pricey side. However given the amount of food outlets locally then I guess most people will not eat regularly in the hotel, or if so, breakfast would be taken as inclusive.

I will certainly return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fiona,
Thank you very much for your nice comments and compliments. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the quality of our service and the attention to details our Ambassadors are providing.
We are looking forward for another opportunity to offer you an amazing experience.
Sofitel New York

Been to Sofitel New York? Share your experiences!