“two elevators” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Times Square

Save Saved
You added Hilton Times Square to your Saves list
Hilton Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% off Our Best Rate
Ranked #51 of 456 Hotels in New York City
nashville tn.
“two elevators”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is in a great location if you want to take in a couple of shows. The staff could not have been more helpful, but two things keep this property from a five rating. First the lobby is on the 15 floor so there's one elevator ride. Then another elevator needs to be taken to the room. Not major but a little annoying. Next the bathroom didn't have any space around the sink to put toiletries. My wife took the first shower and when she came out she said you are not going to be impressed. I wasn't. Not the worst water pressure I've encountered, but it ranks in the bottom 20%. I might give the Hilton a pass on this room, because this might have been a handicapped room, and regular rooms might be different. All in all I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't need a handicapped room as we didn't ask to change.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear BoblNashvilleTn_,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had such positive experience during your stay with us and you enjoyed the location. We really appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you back with us.

lynell.lovett@htsnewyork.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights over 4th of July weekend. Nice rooms, well located in the middle of times square. Rodney the doorman was particularly helpful. Girlfriend and I had tickets to Newsies at the Nederlander Theatre, located about 1 1/2 blocks east of the hotel. Greeted by a driving rain storm at the exit of the hotel. Rodney gave us his umbrella, walked in the rain with us to the theater, then walked back to the hotel. Service rarely experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear LOUIE S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our property. Rodney is truly one of our top hospitality professionals. He will be happy to know he had such a positive impact on your stay. I hope your future travels bring you back to the Hilton Times Square.

Central Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Hilton in Times Square NYC is in a perfect location, rooms are very well designed and there wasn't a bad view from the window. The room overlooked the hudson river and every time I took the elevator from the 8th floor, I saw the Empire States building. The breakfast buffet was full of options and the staff were very accomodating! A definite recommendation for a weekend in NYC!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view when either booking or checking in. If they are available, they will give them...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rich B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your past stay at our property. I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am a regular at this hotel as our offices are fairly close to this hotel. It has always been a nice stay, extremely convenient for work, but in addition, "right" near Times Square, so you cannot beat the location.

My flight arrived very late into NYC during my stay last week, so I ended up arriving at the front desk around midnight. I know I must have looked very tired. the front desk staff were very friendly, and checked me in efficiently. I could not have been more thrilled when I went to the 44th floor and opened the door to the Presidential Suite. All i can say is "wow"; what a wonderful ending to what was a very brutal day. thank you Hilton team.

I also want to highlight the great services at the lobby restaurant; I typically have the breakfast buffet and they take very good care of you. I cannot comment on the expense however, as I typically choose the breakfast as part of my Gold status with Hilton.

Enjoy the pictures of the Presidential Suite!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Indianatraveller,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here for a week. Very large rooms, big bathroom, and a great view. Very quiet and the staff was always amazing! Location is right in the middle of it. It was a little crazy in front of the hotel on 42nd street. But you can always use the other entrance on 41st street for a quieter way into the hotel. Great subway access!! It was a perfect hotel for our family!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your previous stay with us. I am glad you found our location and property to be ideal to your needs. We hope you will provide us with the opportunity to provide you excellent service in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights here on the final leg of our US trip following a light from LAX. Arrived late but accommodated quickly, with help from the bell hop up to the room. Decent sized twin queen room with more than enough space for us all (3). This hotel is located right in the middle of broadway so anyone seeing a show there will not have to walk too far to the theatre. We went to see Phantom of the Opera at The Majestic and found it a couple of blocks and 5 minute walk away. We passed a number of other theatres on the way there with many of the big shows advertised.
Bar / Dining area was comfortable where we took took a drink on our last night and breakfast on our final morning. Staff looked after us on both occasions with very quick service.
Check out was slick and we were allowed to leave our cases with the bell hop whilst we had a final hour in the city.
Definitely somewhere to stay for us in the future when we return to see more broadway shows in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dyavid,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am pleased you felt we were able to meet your needs during this stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay overall and location of the hotel. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not what it was when it first opened. Could overlook 10 minute wait for valet attendant (no self park garage), mildew smelling bathroom and room service ending at 10 PM (on Times Square yet!). What I couldn't ignore was inexplicable customer "service." Driving up on day of check-in, I called to ask about extending my stay a 2nd night. Was told they had to switch me to Hilton reservations as they could not accommodate my request internally. Huh? Once transferred, was advised they could do it BUT would have to double the guaranteed rate I had for the first night in order to do so. Huh again? Needless to say, I declined, and checked out after my first night and into a more affordable Marriott. Won't be returning.

Stayed July 2014
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Philip E,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate this feedback and the opportunity to address some of the issues you have brought to our attention. We do not have an onsite reservations department so some reservation modifications can only be done through the central reservation department. I apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that this is not the example of excellent hospitality we are known for. Hopefully upon your next visit you give us another opportunity to provide the excellent customer service you have come to expect from Hilton.

lynell.lovett@htsnewyork.com

Been to Hilton Times Square? Share your experiences!