“Middle of Broadway Action” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Times Square

You added Hilton Times Square to your Saves list
Hilton Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% Through April!
Ranked #56 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Middle of Broadway Action”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights over 4th of July weekend. Nice rooms, well located in the middle of times square. Rodney the doorman was particularly helpful. Girlfriend and I had tickets to Newsies at the Nederlander Theatre, located about 1 1/2 blocks east of the hotel. Greeted by a driving rain storm at the exit of the hotel. Rodney gave us his umbrella, walked in the rain with us to the theater, then walked back to the hotel. Service rarely experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear LOUIE S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at our property. Rodney is truly one of our top hospitality professionals. He will be happy to know he had such a positive impact on your stay. I hope your future travels bring you back to the Hilton Times Square.

lynell.lovett@htsnewyork.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (811)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Central Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Hilton in Times Square NYC is in a perfect location, rooms are very well designed and there wasn't a bad view from the window. The room overlooked the hudson river and every time I took the elevator from the 8th floor, I saw the Empire States building. The breakfast buffet was full of options and the staff were very accomodating! A definite recommendation for a weekend in NYC!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view when either booking or checking in. If they are available, they will give them...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rich B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your past stay at our property. I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I am a regular at this hotel as our offices are fairly close to this hotel. It has always been a nice stay, extremely convenient for work, but in addition, "right" near Times Square, so you cannot beat the location.

My flight arrived very late into NYC during my stay last week, so I ended up arriving at the front desk around midnight. I know I must have looked very tired. the front desk staff were very friendly, and checked me in efficiently. I could not have been more thrilled when I went to the 44th floor and opened the door to the Presidential Suite. All i can say is "wow"; what a wonderful ending to what was a very brutal day. thank you Hilton team.

I also want to highlight the great services at the lobby restaurant; I typically have the breakfast buffet and they take very good care of you. I cannot comment on the expense however, as I typically choose the breakfast as part of my Gold status with Hilton.

Enjoy the pictures of the Presidential Suite!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Indianatraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I’m glad you had such positive experience during your stay with us and you enjoyed the location. We really appreciate this feedback. We look forward to having you back with us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed here for a week. Very large rooms, big bathroom, and a great view. Very quiet and the staff was always amazing! Location is right in the middle of it. It was a little crazy in front of the hotel on 42nd street. But you can always use the other entrance on 41st street for a quieter way into the hotel. Great subway access!! It was a perfect hotel for our family!!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Susan B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your previous stay with us. I am glad you found our location and property to be ideal to your needs. We hope you will provide us with the opportunity to provide you excellent service in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights here on the final leg of our US trip following a light from LAX. Arrived late but accommodated quickly, with help from the bell hop up to the room. Decent sized twin queen room with more than enough space for us all (3). This hotel is located right in the middle of broadway so anyone seeing a show there will not have to walk too far to the theatre. We went to see Phantom of the Opera at The Majestic and found it a couple of blocks and 5 minute walk away. We passed a number of other theatres on the way there with many of the big shows advertised.
Bar / Dining area was comfortable where we took took a drink on our last night and breakfast on our final morning. Staff looked after us on both occasions with very quick service.
Check out was slick and we were allowed to leave our cases with the bell hop whilst we had a final hour in the city.
Definitely somewhere to stay for us in the future when we return to see more broadway shows in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Dyavid,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am pleased you felt we were able to meet your needs during this stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay overall and location of the hotel. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Not what it was when it first opened. Could overlook 10 minute wait for valet attendant (no self park garage), mildew smelling bathroom and room service ending at 10 PM (on Times Square yet!). What I couldn't ignore was inexplicable customer "service." Driving up on day of check-in, I called to ask about extending my stay a 2nd night. Was told they had to switch me to Hilton reservations as they could not accommodate my request internally. Huh? Once transferred, was advised they could do it BUT would have to double the guaranteed rate I had for the first night in order to do so. Huh again? Needless to say, I declined, and checked out after my first night and into a more affordable Marriott. Won't be returning.

Stayed July 2014
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Philip E,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate this feedback and the opportunity to address some of the issues you have brought to our attention. We do not have an onsite reservations department so some reservation modifications can only be done through the central reservation department. I apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that this is not the example of excellent hospitality we are known for. Hopefully upon your next visit you give us another opportunity to provide the excellent customer service you have come to expect from Hilton.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I am staying here on a week long visit to New York.

The rooms here are large and I booked a room with two Queen sized beds which is perfectly adequate for my family of three. Recently renovated, the rooms are clean and adequately furnished. There is a large Samsung flat screen TV, particularly great for watching the channels which are HD.

Location-wise, it is perfect if you plan to catch some shows as all the major theatres are within walking distance. Times Square is also just a five minute walk away. The only downside about the location is that its 42nd Street entrance is right next to Madame Tussaud's, Ripley's Believe It or Not and a large McDonalds, so the pavement gets very, very crowded. That said, the 42nd Street entrance is right between two subway stations which makes it very convenient for catching the subway. And the subway really is the way to get around as the roads get very congested here.

The buffet breakfast is perfectly adequate, albeit nothing to write home about. I got the breakfasts free as a Diamond member but I don't know how much one would need to pay for it otherwise. I would not pay to eat it as I suspect you can get better breakfast in the many eateries located around the hotel.

One important reminder is that if you are going to the hotel by taxi from the airport, make sure you tell the taxi driver that it is the Hilton Times Square located on 42nd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues as there are several Hilton properties located in the vicinity and unless you specify the exact location, some taxi drivers may get it wrong. The taxi driver who drove us from JFK, for example, initially drove us to the Hilton mid-town by mistake.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lynell L, Manager at Hilton Times Square, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Bourgogneboy,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. We do try to offer first class service to our guests. I am pleased you consider our rooms beautifully decorated with amazing views, very comfortable and spacious. On behalf of our staff thank you for choosing us.

lynell.lovett@htsnewyork.com

Been to Hilton Times Square? Share your experiences!