Just got back from a weekend in NYC and the entire family loved this hotel. Honestly I didn't really know much about it when we booked it. I reserved primarily based on price and good reviews I had previously seen on tripadvisor. We previously stayed at the Doubletree in Times Square which is also nice, but the Hilton was less expensive during our stay and had better room options for our family. We definitely would stay here again.
Location is a major draw - you are right in Times Square and literally steps away from a subway stop. I had no idea the hotel was as high as it was - when I booked I was a little concerned that with the Times Square location, outside noise could be a concern, but because of the better price we took a chance. Noise ended up being non-issue for us because the rooms start at the twenty something floor so you are pretty high up either way (our room was on the 41st floor).
Price was very good compared to other comparable hotels.
The view was incredible - our room faced the side opposite Times Square and we had a great view of the Empire State Building and could also see the Statue of Liberty (not all rooms may be able to see this).
The room was decent sized and staff were very friendly.
Tried to think of negatives and the only thing I could come up with was that there were some smudges on the windows when we first got to the room that you would think should have been cleaned beforehand. Very minor though.
For our purposes we didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel because we were out much of the day but it was great to come back and have the hotel steps away from the subway stop.
Everyone loved the experience at this hotel and we plan to stay here again for our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton