“Would definitely stay here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Times Square

You added Hilton Times Square to your Saves list
Hilton Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% off Our Best Rate
Ranked #47 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“Would definitely stay here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just got back from a weekend in NYC and the entire family loved this hotel. Honestly I didn't really know much about it when we booked it. I reserved primarily based on price and good reviews I had previously seen on tripadvisor. We previously stayed at the Doubletree in Times Square which is also nice, but the Hilton was less expensive during our stay and had better room options for our family. We definitely would stay here again.
Location is a major draw - you are right in Times Square and literally steps away from a subway stop. I had no idea the hotel was as high as it was - when I booked I was a little concerned that with the Times Square location, outside noise could be a concern, but because of the better price we took a chance. Noise ended up being non-issue for us because the rooms start at the twenty something floor so you are pretty high up either way (our room was on the 41st floor).
Price was very good compared to other comparable hotels.
The view was incredible - our room faced the side opposite Times Square and we had a great view of the Empire State Building and could also see the Statue of Liberty (not all rooms may be able to see this).
The room was decent sized and staff were very friendly.
Tried to think of negatives and the only thing I could come up with was that there were some smudges on the windows when we first got to the room that you would think should have been cleaned beforehand. Very minor though.
For our purposes we didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel because we were out much of the day but it was great to come back and have the hotel steps away from the subway stop.
Everyone loved the experience at this hotel and we plan to stay here again for our next trip.

Room Tip: Side opposite Times Square has a beautiful city view. Ask for a room as high as possible!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Key West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a great hotel for Manhattan. It is recently renovated so rooms are clean and comfortable. They are good size with plenty of room for desk, chairs, large flat screen TV, and king bed. I requested a high floor and from my room on 44 I had open views of The City including The Empire State Building, Freedom Tower and The Hudson River. Even lower floor have great views since the hotel rooms and lobby start on the 15th floor or so. The room was very quiet, which is unusual for NYC.

I also liked that the hotel had an entrance on 41st street so you can avoid the tourist zoo on 42nd. As a former NYC resident, Times Square is not the area I would usually stay, but rooms were tight this week and I am glad I tried this hotel. Most tourists will like the area as it is central with great subway access.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. I ordered room service one evening (I could not pull myself away from the view!). The food was expensive as you would expect in a hotel like this, but it arrived hot and fresh.

The only negative here was the lack of an executive lounge. Hilton seems to be limiting these more and more and I think it will hurt them. Similar flags (Marriott, Weston) almost always have them. They did offer coupons for free breakfast, but I missed it since I had other plans. Also, you need to take 2 elevators to get to the street level, since the lobby is not on the ground floor. however, they were never that busy so it was not really a problem.

I would definitely stay here again and am happy to recommend this hotel for a great stay in New York City.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Not sure about these reviews....are people paid to lie. Here is our true experience.
True: Recently renovated, big rooms, friendly service, decent fitness center, adequate bathroom. Metro (subway) is very close. Great location , nice furniture and bed.

What isn't being said: Thin walls...I could hear my neighbor sneeze. Street noise even from a high floor is easily heard. Finger nail clippings on rug, hairs on toilet and used coffee cup welcomed us to the room. New sinks are very high. Toilet is low but with high water level ...so expect a splash in your nether region.

It was ok, but we certainly did not feel pampered.

• Stayed July 2013
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Room was not clean especially same small litters like wrappig paper of candy etc on the floor when we first entered the room. Beds were good and comfortable. Location was good. Concierge was helpfull.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our room was beautiful - modern, clean and with great views. The hotel is right in the thick of it, with metro station about a 5/10 minute work. Service was fantastic and exceeded expectations. My flight got cancelled and they allowed me to change dates and even gave me an early check in! I just wish I could've stayed longer. Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every time I go to NYC, I stay in a different hotel because I never leave totally satisfied... until now. I was hesitant to book here because I thought it would be super loud being on 42nd St., but I was pleasantly surprised. We got here four hours early and they allowed us to check in right away, which was awesome. We could not believe how big our room was, the biggest I've ever had in NY, that's for sure. It was tastefully decorated and the bathroom was spacious as well. We got a room on the 38th floor and could not hear a single sound from the street below. The view was great, we couldn't be happier. Well, maybe if the price was lower, lol.
Peter checked us in and had an amazing personality and treated us great, thanks Peter!

Room Tip: The higher, the quieter!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Windham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member. I stayed at the Hilton Time Sq 234 W 42nd hotel and Peter Arons (Guest Serivce Agent) is the best Service Agent I have met at any hotel or resort. Peter was outgoing, fantastic personality, and had great ideas on hotel reservations. If you stay at the Hilton Times Sq, make sure you ask for Peter Arons.

Room Tip: Talk to Peter Arons :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Times Square? Share your experiences!