This is a great hotel for Manhattan. It is recently renovated so rooms are clean and comfortable. They are good size with plenty of room for desk, chairs, large flat screen TV, and king bed. I requested a high floor and from my room on 44 I had open views of The City including The Empire State Building, Freedom Tower and The Hudson River. Even lower floor have great views since the hotel rooms and lobby start on the 15th floor or so. The room was very quiet, which is unusual for NYC.
I also liked that the hotel had an entrance on 41st street so you can avoid the tourist zoo on 42nd. As a former NYC resident, Times Square is not the area I would usually stay, but rooms were tight this week and I am glad I tried this hotel. Most tourists will like the area as it is central with great subway access.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. I ordered room service one evening (I could not pull myself away from the view!). The food was expensive as you would expect in a hotel like this, but it arrived hot and fresh.
The only negative here was the lack of an executive lounge. Hilton seems to be limiting these more and more and I think it will hurt them. Similar flags (Marriott, Weston) almost always have them. They did offer coupons for free breakfast, but I missed it since I had other plans. Also, you need to take 2 elevators to get to the street level, since the lobby is not on the ground floor. however, they were never that busy so it was not really a problem.
I would definitely stay here again and am happy to recommend this hotel for a great stay in New York City.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Amex, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton