GREAT LOCATION on Times Square to everywhere.
Easy to WALK (each short block = 1 min. walk), so within easy walking distance to all the BROADWAY SHOWS ... recommend Spiderman (Flying Circle seats), Phantom of the Opera (Orchestra seats Front Row), Chicago (Orchestra seats Front Row).
SUBWAYS are the way to go, quite easy, interesting and fun to use. On our short 4 day trip, we caught the subway 10 times: to Central Park, Upper West Side, to Wall Street/ Staten Island Ferry, to World Trade Center, back to Grand Central Station, to Fifth Avenue shops, to Lower Manhattan (Soho, Chinatown), back to Times Square area.
RESTAURANTS we liked (all within easy walking distance of the hotel) were Carnegie's Deli (great Reuben pastrami sandwich), John's NY Pizzeria, Grand Central OYSTER Bar & Restaurant, Guy Fieri's Restaurant (of TV Diners, Drive-ins & Dives), Junior's Restaurant (for their NY Cheesecakes) and Sardi's Restaurant (traditional dress-up).
HILTON Times Square hotel gave us a wonderful high floor view of the iconic Empire State Building and towards World Trade Center (saw the radio tower being erected creating the tallest building at 1,776 ft. in the Western Hemisphere).
So, OVERALL a wonderful NYC experience for my daughter, wife and myself.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Times Square Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, Agoda, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.