Checked in after an amazing night at the Beverly Hilton and a 5 hour flight from Los Angeles only to find a hotel in New York with many issues and problems. Emailed the hotel 2 weeks before requesting a transfer from JFK which never arrived and also requested a room upgrade as a Diamond Member of HHONORS. Check in experience was terrible, was told there was no upgrade available when questioned was advised that the Hilton Times Square have 200-300 Diamond Members checking in every week and my expectation needed to be lowered, also advised that perhaps I should of booked rooms at the Astoria down the road if I expected a free upgrade, such a rude front desk manager never experienced this at any Hilton in all my years. Secondly the Internet service was less than satisfactory, constantly being kicked off the network, no 24 hour room service, executive floor with no facilities. The rooms are bigger than normal NYC rooms however the staff seemed to lack any customer service skills. Ordered breakfast on the first day and received undercooked eggs, decided to use Starbucks instead across the road. The rooms were not cleaned properly and often just had the beds made and towels replaced, rubbish remained. Upon checkout I asked for my bags to be taken down to reception. After waiting for 30 minutes I decided to take it down myself. Upon making it down the lifts I saw 3 staff drinking coffee and reading newspapers, Yes it was 5am but this is your job and its clear your not doing it very well. In my previous NYC I stayed at the less fancied Hilton Garden Inn but to be honest I found that stay superior to the Hilton Times Square.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Times Square is a sleek, landmark New York City hotel that was built in 2000 and soars 44 stories above Manhattan. This upscale, full-service, 100% non-smoking, contemporary hotel is located on famous 42nd Street in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, New York City’s best shopping and many restaurants and bars. Boasting a Modernistic façade and sweeping vistas of New York City’s famous skyline and the Hudson River, the hotel has been recently renovated and is the perfect hotel choice for business and leisure travelers seeking modern amenities while staying in the Big Apple’s best location.Hilton Times Square offers 460 of the largest standard size guestrooms in Midtown Manhattan, with spectacular panoramic views and high-end amenities. These spacious guestrooms have been recently renovated, start on the 23rd floor and are over 330 square feet. Deluxe guestrooms begin on the 33rd floor. All guestrooms are luxuriously appointed in soothing sand tones, 46-inch LED flat screen televisions, laptop size safe, and more. Additional amenities and services are available upon request. Also the Hilton Times Square hotel in New York include: -Over 5000 square feet of meeting space with city views-Restaurant Above, the hotel's Zagat-rated restaurant, is perched 21 stories above Times Square in the hotel lobby and offers notable American cuisine fused with fresh ingredients.-Pinnacle Bar is also located in the hotel lobby and overlooks Times Square.-Evening room service.-24-hour Fitness Center.-24-hour full service, automated Business Center.-Full-service Concierge desk, valet dry cleaning and valet parking available on 41st Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Hotel Times Square
- Hilton New York City
- New York City Hilton