“rooms are lovely all been refurbished” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Times Square

You added Hilton Times Square to your Saves list
Hilton Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
New Year’s Eve VIP Pkg
Ranked #50 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“rooms are lovely all been refurbished”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel is very well placed for all the attrations of NYC. They have just refurbished all the rooms - which are very luxuirous and spacious for a city centre hotel. The rooms were service d to a very high standard.The staff are very helpful - the concerige found a fab little Italian restaurant for us. We would highly recomend this hotel if your visiting New York . we picked a high floor so we couldn't hear any noise from the street.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor - but that good advice anywhere in NYC!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hartbeespoort, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent hotel. Comfortable, neat and well maintained. Good to be right there in the centre of the buzz. Lots of great shops all around. Look down from the window to see lots of people moving around and look out over the view of buildings and also the lights of time square.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our first stay at this property after staying elsewhere on prior trips to Manhattan.

Checked out Trip Advisor reviews before booking this property.

Special thanks to Chad, Coretta, and Stephanie for their outstanding customer service during our stay.

I booked online ~ 2 months prior to stay. I reached out to Chad (front office manager) shortly after booking to make a few special requests. Chad was very accommodating with all our requests getting us on an upper floor of hotel with a great view of 42nd street. Our room had just been completely renovated (hotel was completing or had completed renovations to all rooms) and was exceptional. Chad's hospitality prior to and during our stay was outstanding.

We arrived late morning on Thursday before Easter for 2 nights. Coretta at the front desk was very pleasant making me feel welcome. Initially our room was understandably not ready at 11:00AM so we walked to a nearby restaurant for an early lunch. I received a call from Coretta ~ 11:45AM that our room was ready (a pleasant surprise). We made the short walk back to get our keys and retrieve our luggage from bell services. Coretta was very helpful arranging for my wife to pick up her own key later (My wife had abandoned me and the 13 year old immediately after stepping off the train at Penn Station and sprinted off to Macy’s).

I mentioned the rooms were just renovated. It is understandable with brand-new rooms and all new appliances there are always going to be a few issues with equipment that are not found until they are used for the first time. I’d like to thank Stephanie at the front desk for her diligence and initiative in getting a very minor issue promptly resolved.

Also a nice health club on 16th floor.

We had a great stay in NY. Thanks again to Chad, Coretta, and Stephanie at the Hilton Times Square.

Room Tip: All the rooms have just been renovated (Spring 2013). Lobby is on 15th floor and all rooms are abov...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This Hilton is the place to be if you want to be in the hart of the big apple stayed in floor 37 ,the views are stunning , the staff are very friendly , the upgraded room was worth every penny (should I have said Cent !!).the location is fab ,within a walking distance to all amenity [including my wife shopping !!]
Our 5 night stay in this Hilton will certainly encourage me to repeat this trip
Ps : avoid having more than one Malt Whisky unless you speak to your bank manager in advance !!!

Room Tip: High back room will give you view of the Empire state building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be in the crazy hub bub of Times Square, this is your place. The hotel is elevated way above the street so it is quiet and an oasis from the crowds of Times Square. The room was very clean and comfortable. Subway one half block away. Close to a lot of theaters, restaraunts, masses of people and non stop things to do. Staff was very helpful. We are hilton honor members and they gave us a free voucher for breakfast. The breakfast was a buffet which is not my favorite thing but found some yogurt,banana and granola to eat. People sitting next to us did not have a voucher and paid 26 a person for the buffet. I would not have paid to eat at the buffet. So,good place to stay if you want to be in the middle of things but go somewhere else for breakfast if you don't have a voucher.

• Stayed March 2013
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel met and exceeded all expectations. Travel was for business and some pleasure. Hotel staff went above-and-beyond to see that we had a great view of the City, plenty of comforts and all questions were answered. Room was very spacious (we were there 5 nights) and clean.

Will recommend to others whenever I can.

Room Tip: Asked for a room on a high floor (since it's in Times Square) and hotel was happy to accomodate...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Advance, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was practically brand new from the recent remodeling. The service was the some of the best I have experienced in my 25 years of traveling. I must admit I used hotel points for this stay. With gold status, I received breakfast vouchers for 2 free meals for each room (@$26 a person for breakfast, that was a nice benefit). The breakfast was excellent. The setup was like a Hilton Garden Inn (Hot and cold bar + eggs, omelets, and toast to order). If you ask, they will also provide additional items. My sister came down with a migraine on the second day of out trip. The restaurant provided a whole pack of plain crackers and 2 ginger ales to help her get through the nausea - free. We also asked for water to take with us to our room after one meal, and they provided bottle water for each of us - free.

As for check in, it was a breeze. Kenny was our Bellman and met us at the elevator on the ground floor. He was very social and patient with my family as we checked in (having to change one of the two rooms because my 69 yr. old dad's nose could not tolerate the new carpet smell in the original room he was assigned). He also arranged transportation back to the airport (private driver in a Lincoln Town car) for both my dad (who left earlier) and the rest of my family. The rate was $45 flat, which included tax and tolls. DO NOT RENT A CAR IN NYC if you have not driven in this type of congested city before. Use a taxi, limo, subway, or walk.

The rooms were spacious and very clean. The window only opens about 6 inches, enough to get some air in the room if needed. There was a small refrigerator and safe in each room (no mini-bar). The bathroom was large enough not to feel crowed. Beds slept well. The rooms were very quite. We had rooms on the 31st and 33rd floors. Both were next to the elevator. Both faced south with beautiful views of the Empire State Building and the new World Trade Center under construction (see picture attached).

The lobby was very spacious and a great place to wait for others in the party before leaving for the day's activities. There were very nice views from the 15th floor lobby.

The cleaning service was great! Please take time to meet your room attendant. Although your attendant may change during the week, when you ask for extras like additional towels or soap or you sleep in and ask them to come back at a time later in the afternoon, you get it. Because it was my daughter's 16th birthday during the trip, I asked if there was anything the hotel could do for a surprise welcome when we returned one afternoon from shopping. The room attendant whose name I believe is spelled Spreasa (I apologize for the misspelling) made two swans kissing out of white bath towels and put blue ribbons around the pillows and blue ribbon hearts on the bed (See picture attached) - it was priceless!

The location of the hotel was perfect for what my family had planned. There were subway stops at both corners of 42nd street with the hotel in between. Time Square is around the corner from the hotel. If you have never been to NYC before and plan to use the subway, please go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to obtain a Metro card and how the subway system works (e.g. Express trains only stop certain places along the route, and Local trains stop at all stops). Also recommend downloading NYC Subway app by MXAPPS for your smart phone. I used it every time we planned to use the subway. I also recommend downloading TripAdvisor City Guides app (standalone program) for your smart phone so you can look up recommendations on restaurants nearby when ever you are hungary (but you will need wifi to look at all the pictures uploaded). Lastly, Google Maps for your smart phone is a must to locate anything but be forewarned, GPS drains your battery quick.

WARNING: If you have small kids, be warned that there are people dressed up like Elmo, Cookie Monster, Dora, Mickey Mouse, Batman, Spiderman, etc. around every corner near Time Square - all working for picture opportunities and tips. The first experience is neat, but the kids gravitate to them each time they see them. So you may need to explain to your child the pictures are not free (unless your goal is to get a pic with every character you find).

Overall the stay was excellent!!! Would I stay here again - yes, even if I chose to pay versus use hotel points? Yes it seems expensive, but most everything in New York is expensive. Again, I recommend getting to know those that serve you by their first name and please treat them with appreciative respect. It goes along way with you have special needs or requests.

Other activities we did while on our trip:
1) 9/11 Memorial Tour by an actual survivor of the tragedy - ordered tickets online.
2) Wicked - 10 out of 10 Broadway show with great balance of comedy, drama, and special effects. Order tickets in advance - typically sells out each show.
3) Live with Kelly & Michael - tickets were free, but must be requested one month in advance.
4) Ate at Justin Timberlake's restaurant Southern Hospitality (with fresh brewed sweet tea).
5) Top of Rock observatory at Rockefeller Plaza - cheaper than Empire State Building and better view in my opinion of downtown and uptown including Central Park.

Room Tip: Both rooms my family had were west of the elevators and faced south for an excellent view of the Emp...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Times Square? Share your experiences!