“GOOD SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Times Square

You added Hilton Times Square to your Saves list
Hilton Times Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   234 West 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
New Year’s Eve VIP Pkg
Ranked #47 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Houston, Texas
“GOOD SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least once a month and always receive excellent service. An example: this week was I arrived around noon (about 3 hours before normal check-in time) after a 21 hour flight only to find that there were no rooms clean and vacant as the hotel had been full the night before and folks had just started to check out. Raquel Ortiz was at the desk and told me that she would get me the first room that was cleaned, took my phone number and called me about an hour later to let me know that my room was available and I was already checked in - just come by the desk and collect my key. This is the kind of good customer service that this hotel staff provides.

BamaDuck

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the 41st street side have less street noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'm in New York on business several times a month and always stay at the Hilton Times Square. Location is very central and easy to get around. Rooms are very clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff is great at every level. Doormen, Kenny and the bellmen and Raquel and all the front desk staff make for a comfortable stay.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is great if you want to be in Times Square, close to everything! The rooms are the largest I've stayed in in NYC (normal size for anywhere else)I usually stay here on business trips and the staff are always courteous and friendly - and usually upgrade my room too! The beds are comfortable and overall its a great stay. The hotel is very clean and there is a wonderful, distinct vanilla smell when entering the hotel that I absolutely love!

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed one night during a business trip to the US. Found the Hilton Times Square to have really nice rooms, roomy and comfortable, in a great location for exploring Manhattan.
The hotel is between 41st and 42nd, half a block from Broadway. The hotel itself starts above floor 20, making all rooms "high floor" rooms - something that is most convenient when staying in New York in general and near Times Square in particular. The location is great for reaching various parts of Manhattan and for exploring the area, even if Times Square itself is not on your list.
The room was nice and comfortable. It was roomy - roomier than many places in New York. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well organized. For example, the desk was out on the floor, not facing the wall, which is much preferable when it comes to working.
The service was good - courteous and helpful - as one would expect.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Took my Mom to NY for a few days using my Hilton Hhonours points. Looked at all the Hilton properties in NY but opted for this hotel as the location is just perfect for tourists.

We were given a room on the 42nd floor with stunning views downtown.... WOW is all i can say, the best view i have EVER have from a hotel window. On a clear day we could even see the statue of liberty.

The room is massive by NY standards (i have stayed at the Hilton Manhatten East with work and the Times Square Hilton rooms are about 3 times the size!) the beds were so comfortable, great after a long day exploring New York. The room was always cleaned to very high standards and the decor is very modern.

The hotels location is fantastic, a subway literally right outside the hotel.... We visited the statue of liberty, MoMA, Guggenheim, 9/11 Memorial and Empire State building and they are all easy to get to from the hotel.

Times Square isnt great for resturants... Its all the usual chains! We wanted something quick before seeing a show and almost missed it thanks to the staffs incompetence at Bubba Gumps! Down on 40th we found a great little resturant called Jacks.... Amazing food and service!

Fantastic hotel with friendly sevice and amazing views.... If you are looking for a great NY hotel, book here... Well worth it!

• Stayed October 2012
Whittier, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We are three single women traveling for the first time to NY. This hotel is in a great location. We walked to a Broadway show around the block, walked a few blocks to The Rock, St Patrick's Cathedral and shopped till we dropped on 5th Ave We felt totally safe the entire time. This hotel knows how to provide great customer service! I was pleasantly surprised when I received an email from Estela before our trip inquiring if I needed anything. I had several questions that were promptly answered by her. I had also commented that we were celebrating my nieces 21st birthday. My niece received birthday wishes upon check in and our door was decorated and we found cupcakes in our room. Talk about personal service! We were there 3 days and I saw Joanna, Guest Experience Mgr. several times. She was always in the lobby greating the guest and answering questions. I was blown away when I receive another email this time from Joanna inqiring about our trip. The staff at this hotel really cares about its customers! When I return to NY this hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: The only request we made on our room was to be on a higher floor. I think this helped with the noise...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I travel every week and stay in many hotels across the country. I would like to acknowledge the courtesy and above and beyond customer service I received from Guest Service Agent, Peter Arons. A very positive experience and I look forward to bringing my family to stay in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Times Square? Share your experiences!