“Amazing !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL New York at Times Square West

Save Saved
You added YOTEL New York at Times Square West to your Saves list
YOTEL New York at Times Square West
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   570 10th Ave, (West 42nd Street), New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Special Price
TripAdvisor 10%OFF
Ranked #106 of 452 hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Glasgow
“Amazing !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Such an amazing hotel, the staff are really helpful and friendly. We stayed here for St.Patrick's day and will definitely be booking up to stay here again. The rooms have more than enough space and the bathrooms are not opened up the way people say they are, we stayed in room 1030 and had a great view.

Room Tip: Wouldn't bother me what room I had as it's NYC you won't be in your room that often.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Hello Glasgow_Gorbals!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are so pleased to hear that you
enjoyed interacting with our crew members and enjoyed the view from your cabin. It is always a
pleasure to know that our guests are experiencing satisfaction at our hotel as intended by
all of us here at Yotel New York.
We hope to see you soon! If there’s anything we can ever be of assistance with, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at reservations@yotelnewyork.com.

4,921 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (989)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

After I booked the hotel, I realized that they had "cabins" and not rooms, but I needed something near the Javits Convention Center so I decided to suck it up. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and really enjoyed my stay. I would not recommend you bring a lot of bags, but for a short visit, this was a great value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello Madhawk!

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you noticed our cabins were clean to a super high standard. However, we’re so sorry you felt they were small. We try to be very upfront on our website with a complete description, photos, and the square footage. We included some space saving techniques that our guests typically enjoy as well. For example, our beds that transform into a sofa at the touch of a button, under-bed luggage storage, and a techno wall with flat screen TV. Further, all cabins have a floor-to-ceiling window for natural light that permeates throughout the cabin.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed there for my Bday in November 2013. We booked the romm back in March 2013 through a third party website.

When we arrived there, they couyldn't find our reservation, for about 30 minutes we stayed at the front desk while they were looking for it. Turns out we were the first customers to arrive with a cancelled booking due to the 3rd party website's being Bankrupt. They actually didn't warn us, it was a prepaid reservation and they never sent the money to the Hotel.

However, the Staff was brilliant as they managed to give us the same rate we booked the room for 9 months prior.

We really appreciated it (and that's not a strong enough word) I wish I could go back again for my Birthday, as the Winter period is beautiful and this Hotel is just amazing.

Tiny ? Yes but so what ? we're in NYC, you'll be lucky to find such a nice hotel.

Room Tip: 23rd floor : Amazing views and quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Anne-Rose R!

Thank you for taking the time to your experience with us! We are so happy to hear our crew members were able to resolve your booking concern and get you checked in as soon as they could. Weather is great now so you should come back :)

Shelter Island, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights for a conference at the Javits Center. Aside from the location's convenience, and the Lavazza machine in the small kitchen on each floor, there is little to recommend. Very high tech looking, but the rooms are tiny, and poorly equipped. The bed has no box spring, just a mattress that was not very comfortable. There was no box of tissues, no radio, no door to the bathroom, no closet, no place to sit except for the little desk chair, and the bed which becomes a couch if you retract it. There is no bar soap, only liquid soap in the shower and for the sink. I asked if there were any bar soap at the desk, and was told I could buy some at CVS across the street. By the way, the room rate, including all the taxes was $300 a night. The continental breakfast was muffins and coffee. If I wanted juice, that was an extra $4, Yogurt and a fruit cup were similarly priced. The orange was $1. There is little staff to help. One checks in oneself at a computer terminal in the lobby, although there are some staff to assist. One day of the five, my room wasn't made up. There is free Wi-Fi and free computer terminals in the lobby for guests although it appeared that non-guests were using them as well. The location is quite far from anything. The nearest subway is 2 long blocks away. If you are interested in attending the theater, it is fairly convenient to the theater district. Everything else is a long walk or commute. I know this is NYC but given that, I think the room price was well above what it was worth.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Hello William P!

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are glad to hear location and convenience were to your liking, however, We are sorry that you did not enjoy the bed. Our mattresses are handmade with coconut husk and lambswool; not your typical mattress. We chose them for a number of reasons, organic and high-quality being two. Some guests absolutely love them (, however, others, such as yourself, find them uncomfortable. We are in the process of testing additional options and do hope you’ll be back once these are finalized! Due to our dedication to sustainability our Get Up/ Get Down signature washes are offered in a pump, rather than a bar soap with a wrapper. Hopefully you liked the scent! They’ve been created with specific ingredients for the time of day. “Get Up” is infused with Sage and Eucalyptus.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I'll write the bad first:

The emergency: The 4th day we were there at 6 in the morning the emergency alarm went off. We were not informed what was going on. I tried to call the front desk 3 times with no answer. We were staying on the 24th floor. After jumping out of bed panicked about what to do, I hurried my friends to grab what they could and leave the hotel using the stairs. Once we reached the stairs there was a message that said this is an emergency, please evacuate. Well, we tried but the stairs were at a stand-still. So here I am thinking that we're doomed if the building falls over or that there's a fire in the stairwell, wondering if I should call my family... After a long wait, it was declared a "non-emergency" which was wonderful. However, it makes me question their emergency policy. We only made it to the 17th floor. If anything serious was happening we probably wouldn't have made it out and we wouldn't have known what was happening. It was horrible and unsettling. The second part is that after the non-emergency, the water in the hotel turned off. 2 of us were able to take a shower fine, but the the 3rd got no water at all. It was off for 3 hours. Luckily the front desk extended our check out time which was great, but once the water turned on it was brown and muddy, then milky white. Gross!

Small: I went with 3 adults over 20 and we stayed in the overhead bunk room. I knew it was small, but this room was really tiny. We had way too many bags for the space. The bathroom is only separated from the room by a curtain, so if you're shy about using the bathroom I would suggest going to the main floor restaurant bathroom.

Dirty: After a 13 hour train trip and long walk in the snow to get to Yotel, we got to our room and it was trashed. I mean beer bottles, tampons, pizza boxes, you name it. The good part is that we were immediately redirected to another room on a higher floor that was clean. Each floor has it's own little kitchen. Someone spilled coffee all over the floor (and the room is small) so you could barely get across the floor. The spill was still there the next day.

Room service: Our sheets were not washed or changed. They just made the bed. I know because there was a dirty spot that was still there after room service had been there. Also, my sister-in-law lost an iPhone charging cord that she definitely came here with. You can't always blame room service, but we searched high and low for that thing and it was not there.

The Good:

Location: It was close to everything! Loved it!

Atmosphere: Besides the emergency, the atmosphere of Yotel is great. We loved coming back to the hotel at night and seeing the purple glow.

Restaurant: We ate at the restaurant the first night. Very fancy, but the prices were good! I thought the food was good, but my guests thought everything was spicy. The waiter was nice and spoke in Spanish with them.

Overall, I still have to rate it a 4 because it did not look like a dump, despite everything that happened while we were there. The value was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hello EmilyHHI!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are sorry to hear about your disappointment during the January fire alarm. The alarm was trigger due to the extreme freezing weather conditions that caused the frozen pipes. We are glad to hear you still like the overall feeling of the property.
Lunenburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was an experience rather than just a hotel stay. The location is a bit sketchy, west of Times Square, but beyond that, it was absolutely amazing. The rooms are moulded pods with automated beds, the coolest showers and everything beautifully planned. I just loved it -- such a great change from ordinary hotel rooms! The bed was really a futon, so it loses a star for that. Brilliant concierge service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jose N, Manager at YOTEL New York at Times Square West, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Hello CanadianMezzo!

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! It is always a pleasure to know that our guests are experiencing satisfaction at our hotel.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Yotel for the last 4 times I have been to NY for the NYNow trade show. The beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. Pack light as there really is not a lot of extra space for big suitcases. However, you do have plenty of daylight in the bathroom when you want to put on your makeup. It really is more for a couple than 2 friends sharing a room situation as there is not a lot of privacy nor is there any place else to sit and be comfortable other than the retracting bed.
The galleys are great to store your left overs etc or as in my case lunch to take to the show and to get a cup of coffee in the am.
If you are doing a show at the Javits it is very convenient and quiet place to stay, which for me is huge.
The outdoor areas for breakfast and in the evening for a drink are very nice.
The guys downstairs in the entry are great about everything from getting you a cab to helping you navigate the system.

Room Tip: ask for a corner, nearer the galley.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello pariscarson1995!

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We are thrilled to hear this is the fourth time staying at Yotel New York, we appreciate your loyalty and support.
We can’t wait to welcome you for your fifth visit! Please reach out to us prior to your return at reservations@yotelnewyork.com for any assistance.

Jose - Assistant General Manager

Been to YOTEL New York at Times Square West? Share your experiences!