“Fun experience but tiny room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL New York at Times Square West

You added YOTEL New York at Times Square West to your Saves list
YOTEL New York at Times Square West
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   570 10th Ave, (West 42nd Street), New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Special Price
TripAdvisor 10%OFF
Ranked #117 of 458 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Fun experience but tiny room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I got a kick out of this hotel. I love the modern look and feel. I wish the rooms were bigger... It was a queen size bed and just enough room to walk around the bed. They are creative with use of the tiny space, but it remains tiny. The galley is awesome!! I made a latte at the touch of a button. I made them a lot actually. Really yummy. They also have this " yobot" that holds on to your suitcases while you spend the day in the city... Fabulous. If you are independent you'll like this place... If you need more assistance you'll find it here, but you have to ask for it. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and the free muffins in the morning. Nice touch!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,100)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at Yotel for five nights and really enjoyed it. Perfect location, close walk to Times Square, close to Subway station and lots of great restaurants nearby. The room was very small, but super well organized to maximize space. Very clean and confortable. We really enjoyed the muffins, coffee and tea in the morning. Would definitely come back again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Feb. First thing is very well located, on 10th av, and 42 nd street (is in Time Square) close to the Port Authority Bus Terminal where you have bus and metro to go to any point on NY that you need..also many shuttler sevices bring you here and take you to the airport..
Near to the Theatre District, 5 th av, cinemas and lots of Places to eat.
The room is comfortable it has an appropriate safe you can put in a laptop and a few more stuff..it has a bathroom with shampoo, lots of towels, and hairdryer, the room has TV, to plug your ipod, free good speed WiFi, a desk with plugs to charge your stuff..as I say very comfortable. They clean and chage towels and sheets..never found a thing out of place
Also, it has a restaurant, a lounge (inside and outside), and a Bar..
The attention was great..so no complains.
I will go there next time im in NY

Room Tip: Corner suites have a great view ;)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Me and my friend stayed here for four days at the start of February this year and could not have been happier - it was perfect for what we wanted. We loved the purple lighting and the funky modern feel of the hotel, and they staff were wonderfully helpful and understanding and showed us how to hail a cab (which we were terrible at!). We didn't eat at the hotel but the morning muffins in the restaurant were a nice touch and tasted great. The rooms themselves were small but used space efficiently and we really liked them. The only problem, again as with other reviews, was the awkwardness of the bathroom being separated by a curtain. However, we were only in the hotels overnight which consisted of a bathroom break and a quick shower so it's not too invasive if with a partner/close friend/family member.

On the last day we were late checking out and we called the reception at 10:30am to request if we could pay for a later checkout as we were running late. The gentleman said that it was no problem, that we didn't have to pay and just to let them know when we were ready, which we felt was very kind of them to allow. They also helped us to use the Yotel yobot for stowing luggage on the way out before our flight and arranged one of their own Sedan taxis for us which worked out cheaper than a yellow taxi, especially with the traffic we encountered, and was generally a much nicer car and journey.

We loved our stay in the Yotel and would definitely go back and recommend. The location is excellent, near the subway and times square, and the staff are so helpeful. We loved it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed here before and loved it. Yes I agree with other reviews that the bathroom was a bit open and the beds were a bit stiff but if you are going to shows the location is perfect.

I really don't need much from my hotels just clean and convenient. Yotel has that. I am just in my room long enough to sleep so I don't need a big room. The first time I came I was by myself and the second time I was with my niece. The space was perfect for us. We liked the galley because we could get water for the day and at night we had a warm cup of tea before we went to bed.

It was my birthday and we were only there to take in a few shows so the location was perfect. We were a 10 to 15 minute walk to the theaters. We arrived by bus so the bus terminal was two blocks down. We were also 2 blocks away from the subway that lead us to the rest of the city. Across the street is a CVS so I would get a yogurt from there for the morning and have the free morning coffee they offered.

I got my room for $109 on a special offer

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Was looking for a reasonably priced hotel option for a recent trtip to New York and the Yotel was recommended to me by a friend. Prices were great for the time of year and the overall hotel served its purpose. Rooms were clean and although small everything was in the right place which made for a comfortable stay. The restaurant area on the 4th floor was nice as an option when I wanted somewhere to sit other than the small guestroom. Breakfast was unimpressive and was really just muffins and coffee. I ended up eating somewhere else. As it is a little off the beaten path, was sometimes difficult to get a taxi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Middletown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at Yotel for a night when he first moved back to New York. I had been dying to stay here ever since I accidentally wandered past it while walking around the city, and let me tell you... it did not disappoint! I loved the modern-ness of the hotel (still quite haven't figured out what the machine-robot thing in the lobby was for). The hotel decor was awesome.

Our cabin was well lit and comfortable. I loved that the bed had the option of converting into a sofa. The room was very clean and was perfect size for the two of us. The bathroom was separated from the bed part by a glass wall, but there was also a curtain to draw for privacy. The window from our room had an AMAZING view of the city - we could see the buildings in Times Square all the way to the Freedom Tower. It's also perfect walking distance from a million restaurants and Times Square itself.

Only thing that I would look out for is the vending in the galley on each floor. We went in search of getting a soda in the middle of the night, only to find that the machine on our floor wasn't working. Wasn't the end of the world, but took us a minute to figure out.

I would stay here again without hesitiation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to YOTEL New York at Times Square West? Share your experiences!