“Great location, cool concept!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of YOTEL New York at Times Square West

You added YOTEL New York at Times Square West to your Saves list
YOTEL New York at Times Square West
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   570 10th Ave, (West 42nd Street), New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Special Price
TripAdvisor 10%OFF
Ranked #117 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great location, cool concept!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed two night at Yotel and the property offers great value for money! Superb location, contemporary design, friendly staff and clean rooms. If you don't mind small rooms and if you like special and modern concepts Yotel is the place to stay in NYC! I can highly recommend it to anybody.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,103)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This place is fantastic. Incredibly organised, very very clean, great rooms and awesome location. Now I have found this place, it will be the only place I stay while in NYC.
The location is great, a quick walk up 42nd street to Times Square and an easy taxi ride to most good locations.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

was very excited to stay at this hotel...although small, the room are very comfortable and every space is used wonderfully....the shower was great! the amenities were outstanding..the bar was great to be in and location wise, a great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and every time it is amazing. So much that I feel compelled to write my first review lol. Can I just say this is really the place to be? First time I stayed here was on Halloween. I had my own plans so I didn't indulge, but there was a pretty happening party going on and the guy working the front desk was even dressed with contacts and a little fake blood for the ocassion. How cute is that?

I stayed here a few times on and off visiting from California, and everything is always just great. You never have to be bothered because everything you can do yourself, which is really efficient and fun, but I've called Mission Control a few times for some small stuff and have always been helped. I guess that's the genius about it, but I really hope they open more of these!

On my last stay I was there for the weekend with some friends. I was a little disappointed with the fact there was no fun stuff going AT ALL. I mean, it is such a cool spot, where are the parties? And why is the bar closed before anyone can even pregame? Hopefully that will change this summer, the terrace hasn't looked touched in year.

I had an issue checking in, for the first time, and was sent to Mission Control. Not sure what happened, but I was helped by two girls. I can't remember their names, Nori and Regina? I found Regina to be very sweet and helpful which was a pleasure because I was a little nervous. Nori was a sweetheart with then other guests, though I never dealt with her directly. That night there was a cute guy working the desk when I came back. Didn't talk to him but I'm thinking maybe I should have lol. He was helping some Spanish lady with, I can only assume checking out, and they seemed to he having a good little chat.

The rooms are small, yes, but get over it seriously, because they're so cute and efficient it doesn't even matter. I know they have bigger kinds, though I've never stayed in one, the Premium Cabin is all I need! I'll definitely be back again this summer!

• Stayed January 2013
Orem, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel was great. It feels new and modern and everything that I saw was in great condition. The rooms are nice. For the cost you get a great room in a very convenient location. The location is great not just because it is pretty much in Times Square but because it is also very close to major subway stops making it easy to get anywhere in the city.
The only down side to this hotel is the room size. It is very very small. The bathroom kind of has a glass door but is pretty much just a curtain separating it from the bed area. It is great for business travel and as long as you aren't going to be in the room a lot it is perfect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have never slept on such an uncomfortable bed in my entire life. I might have well been sleeping on the floor. The Location and view is great and the room is designed well but I was unable to get past the bed. I was sore for my entire trip and was tossing and turning all night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We really loved this hotel! It was close to Times Square in Hells Kitchen. It's located close to the pier where the Intrepid and the Harbor Cruises are. Awesome service by the crew members and easy to check in and out. The Yobot was awesome and a great way to store your luggage and see New York between your check in and check out. They have a galley that is stocked every morning with coffee and lattes on every floor. The experience is like being on a space ship and very unique. If you're into hip new things and love a hip atmosphere, I'd definitely recommend this hotel. The rooms were small, but was expected for New York, but they made the space very functional. The beds retract into a seated position to allow more leg room. Special luggage compartments under the bed make it easy to store your belongings. Special iPod docs and charging stations under the flat screen TV are very convenient. Decor was awesome, a purple lighting was a plus, made you really feel like you were in a space ship cabin. The bathroom was small, but once again the hotel made use of the space and you didn't feel as cramped with the way the setup was. We didn't make use of the complimentary breakfast, but it was available to us every morning which is a plus if you're on a budget. There is a 24 hour CVS across the street just in case you need to buy any toiletries or snacks. The only potential negative experience would be the club located on the 4th floor of Mission Control. They offer complimentary tickets to guests, but the drink prices were high ($34 for two mixed drinks). The sound may travel to your room if you're located close to the club. We were on the 21st floor, so we were good. The view we had was awesome, and we didn't have the premium view. We were able to see the new twin towers being built from where our room was. The location, the ambiance, and the staff made the experience awesome. We'd definitely stay again! I would recommend this place to friends and family and anyone looking for a unique hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to YOTEL New York at Times Square West? Share your experiences!