After taking the redeye from Los Angeles to JFK overnight, I was a bit drowsy. As the cabbie drove up to YOTEL, for a second I thought I was back on my Virgin America flight. The crisp, white interior with purple lighting immediately set it apart from other hotels I've stayed at. I then saw the Yobot's mechanical arm storing and retrieving peoples' baggage and knew this was no ordinary hotel. Although I checked in extremely early, the friendly desk staff said that a room was available. I was extremely grateful as it allowed me to grab a few extra hours of shuteye before the convention at the nearby Javits Center.
The cabins are small, but clean, with windows that can be open at the bottom to allow you to breathe in the fresh(?) NYC air. This is welcome when your cabinmate is using the small bathroom which is only separated from the bed by a curtain. Ahem. It's a bit difficult to maneuver around if you have luggage as the only location for it is the foot of the bed and there isn't a lot of floorspace. The futon/bed can be raised up when not in use which gives a little more floorspace. The mattress was pretty thin and hard but I usually have no problems sleeping in hotels so it was not a big concern of mine.
There's a galley on each floor which has vending machines with sodas, a hot chocolate and coffee machine, and a fridge and microwave if you want to be frugal and eat leftovers during your stay. I was able to make myself a mocha, it wasn't bad, a nice amenity.
I would definitely recommend Yotel if you are looking for a room close to Javits Convention center. The low price coupled with great service and close proximity to Javits is a winning combination.
- Also Known As:
- Yotel New York At Times Square West Hotel
- Yotel New York At Times Square West Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- YOTEL is a first class hotel experience at an affordable price. Check in is all about efficiency, with kiosks that are your digital receptionist where you confirm your booking and grab your room key. The Midtown NYC hotel's 669 cabins offer guests a beautifully designed, flexible smart space to suit individual needs to relax, refresh, connect, and sleep. On the hotel's main level, FOUR, you will find Mission Control, a futuristic, fully equipped concierge desk for one stop service 24/7. Also on FOUR is a restaurant, an outdoor terrace space, a deluxe lounge and bar with private meeting rooms, a state-of-the-art gym, a flexible studio and boardroom for a range of events, a unique lounge space for working or relaxing, and work stations to catch up on email or browse the web. YOTEL serves a complimentary breakfast including coffee, tea, and assorted muffins and whole fruit. Guests can also enjoy complimentary hot beverages on each floor, as well as free Wi-Fi and domestic calls. Conveniently located near Times Square, this Midtown Manhattan hotel provides business and leisure travelers with easy access to New York City attractions, corporate offices, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Loews Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Otel so you can book your YOTEL New York at Times Square West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.