“Delicious, But Very Expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pane E Vino - NYC - CLOSED

Pane E Vino - NYC
791 Lexington Ave., New York City, NY 10065 (Upper East Side)
(212) 355-2277
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between 61st & 62nd Street
Transit: Q,R,N,F,4,5,6 to 59 street & 63 street subway stations on Lexington Avenue.
Description: Pane e Vino is an Italian Restaurant located on Manhattan Upper East Side in the vicinity of the flagship Bloomingdale's store on Lexington Avenue. It's creative menu, attractive location and experienced team offer an inviting fair right here in New York City. Pane e Vino's proximity to Bloomingdale's makes this a perfect spot for pre or post shopping dinning. Is all about wine, great food and good times at Pane e Vino.
New York City, New York
“Delicious, But Very Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Soup was great, the chicken and mushroom was amazing, the tiramisu was delicious, staff was friendly to the point of remembering my family's regular table and keeping it ready, but I've only eaten here during family events since it's well outside my typical budget.

Please be advised that their website has obnoxious autoplay music with no obvious way of muting it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

California
“What a fabulous restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My sisters and I were in NYC for 5 days when we stumbled upon this little gem on our first day. We were coaxed inside by the friendly staff while we were looking at the menu posted outside. And, wow, were we glad we stopped there! The chef, Pasquale, came out personally and invited us to choose between several appetizers and main course specials. We had the most delicious appetizer...fresh mozzarella cheese with mango, red onion and berries! Yummy! He then proceeded to make us two fish dishes and a delightfully light gnocchi. Unfortunately, we had to run off to see a Broadway show that night and were unable to linger over the very tasty food.

We were so impressed by Pane e Vino, we decided to come back on our last night in NYC. Once again we had impeccable service, everyone working there was friendly and very accommodating. We had a leisurely 3 hour dinner and once again Pasquale, came out to see to us and create a very extraordinary and delicious meal for us. Afterward, he went out of his way to create a special three in one dessert...a dark chocolate bowl of passionfruit sorbet with pieces of chocolate in it which made it look like a beautiful chocolate flower which had thin slices of cheese cake on one side and lemon cake of the other! Mmmmm, fantastic!

They have a wonderful selection of wines and even had a bottle of Brunello de Montalcino from the Barbi Winery in Tuscany that I had visited while on a trip to Italy. If you prefer a cocktail, they have a full bar there also. Pasquale takes infinite pride in the meals he creates and I promise you that your eyes, nose and tastebuds will love the wonders that come out of his kitchen at Pane e Vino on Lexington Avenue in New York City!

Cheers to Pane e Vino and our favorite chef, Pasquale!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good Choice! Will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Had a recent dinner here for a group of 5 colleagues. We were all generally happy. The service and atmopshere were terrific. The food was delicious but could have use more flavor in them, for whatever reason, didnt seem to come out in the various dishes we had, but none the less, food was good overall. Will be back again

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Italy
“Authentic Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

It's a must. Every time I go to NY for work, Pane e Vino is the place where I have breakfast or a snack. I'm from Italy and live near Milan, I travel for work and find very difficult to find a nice, familiar place to eat. At Pane e Vino I feel home. Their pastry is really great as well as their coffee and cappuccino. I particularly like their sandwiches, amazing!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Duryea, Pennsylvania
“My favorite new york restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pane e Vino offers nice ambiance, great Italian fare, and impeccable service. They don't mind fulfilling special requests, which is important to me due to some dietary restrictions. They have a nice wine list, and their wine-by-the-glass is served in a small carafe that is actually two glasses. The complimentary biscotti that is served when ordering coffee is very flavorful and light. Occasionally, they also serve a complimentary limoncello at the close of the meal.

• Visited December 2012