“So much fun!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
New York City, NY (Manhattan)
+1 347-464-9335
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$45*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Our public and private walking tours feature small groups, fun guides, memorable sights and stories, and local snack stops. Discover NYC on foot with us.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
texas
“So much fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family (2 adults and 2 14-year old kids) did 2 tours with Max on our recent trip to NYC. We all had a great time and learned a lot about the city. Max is a great tour guide and just a fun person to be touring the city with. It was also fun getting to know the other people on our tour a little bit.

We will book more tours with CityRover Walks in NY when we are back in town.

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Rebecca, thank you so much for booking two CityRover tours ahead of time and for being great company along the way. I especially appreciate your willingness to walk in the rain. I'm so glad you enjoyed both tours.

• Arabic first
Dublin
“The only way to see New York!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This December we ventured on our third and fourth tours with Max at CityRover Walks. Having been on two previous tours with him, we knew exactly what we were in for, and Max did not disappoint!

Doing a tour with Max is like going for a walk with your friends. It's relaxed, informal, engaging and informative. He keeps the groups small so that he can get to know everyone and include them in the conversations. Depending on the particular tour you go on, he will keep you well fed and watered for the 3 or 4 hours; the most memorable ones being the AMAZING Bleecker Street Pizza and the pints of ale in McSorley's, the oldest bar in town.

Our tours this year were The Village Sampler and The City of Dreams which showed us a whole new part of the city, away from the bright lights and department stores. We know where we'll be heading on our next visit! It's worth remembering that you can book a private tour to mix and match a few parts of different tours that you'd like to see.

Max will show you more of New York in 3 hours that you would ever see on TEN Bus Tours. Put on your walking shoes and enjoy seeing NYC exactly how it should be seen!

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Alison, it was great to see you and the family two years later. Thanks for hanging out with me on two different tours once again. I had a great time with you and really felt like I was showing friends from Dublin around town. See you in two years?
Miami, Florida
15 attraction reviews
“A must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Although I've been to NY various times, I had never ventured off the "island" to Brooklyn and decided on CityRover since they have a Brooklyn Bridge tour. Max was very informative, extra attentive, in short, an over all pleasure to be with.

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Alain, thank you for booking the private Brooklyn tour and for spending time with me on a very cold day. I enjoyed our conversations along the way and admire your and your family's willingness to brave our winter (vis-a-vis Miami). Hope to tour with you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“Another insightful tour....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This year we did the Brooklyn Bridge tour, by Max. It is our third tour with CityRovers and was just as good as the previous two. We have used other tour groups in NYC and been disappointed. CityRovers provides a premium tour for people who wish to learn about the City. CityRovers tells the story of New York, instead of pointing out the "tourist attractions". If you take one of their tours remind yourself to take a few photos! You may forget when you become enthralled as the story of the city unfolds before you.

Max V, Owner at CityRover Walks NY, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Brian, thanks for your loyalty and vote of confidence. Your eloquent review sums up what we strive for on every tour -- to bring NY to life, past and present. 'Til next time, thank you and take care!
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Best stories and snacks ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was my second time in New York and my second time walking with CityRover. I took the City of dreams and the Brooklyn Bridge tours and they were every bit as enjoyable as my first walk with CityRover 1,5 years ago. The groups are small so there’s time to ask any follow-up questions you might have. Max takes care that no-one’s left behind and has time to take a moment to talk to everyone in the group. As usual, Max had found the most amazing and delicious stops for snacks and refreshments (included in the price!) on the way. I love how into the history he is and has the most interesting stories to tell. You might think there’s no reason to get a guide for crossing Brooklyn Bridge, but you’d be wrong. Of course you can do it on your own, but walking with CityRover you get to know so much more about the history and the details of the bridge, of Brooklyn Heights and buildings and history related on the Manhattan side. It was truly fascinating. The City of dreams tour took us through East Village, Little Italy and SoHo. Again, great stories to light up the history of the places we visited. I had so much fun I can’t wait to visit New York again, and if and when I do, I’ll walk with CityRover again. Thank you so much!!

Visited October 2013