“Put this on your to do list” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
New York City, NY (Manhattan)
347-464-9335
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 809 Activities in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Bottom line: We keep our groups small, our snack/refreshment stops local, and our fun walking tours focused on stories you’ll remember, not stats you will quickly forget. Our action-packed itineraries are available as both public and private options throughout the week, and are enjoyed by locals and visitors alike.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Quesnel, Canada
“Put this on your to do list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My sisters and I recently met in New York and had the pleasure of meeting Max. We totally enjoyed the CityRover walking tours experience with him. Max is very knowledgeable, approachable, courteous, passionate, and well organized. I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 tours we did and look forward to doing more tours on my next visit to NYC. This is a must do for everyone.

• Arabic first
Boise, Idaho
“So great we booked a second tour :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been on countless tours in various countries. The 2 my husband and I did with City Rover in December were AWESOME. Our 2nd day in NYC we did the "Village Sampler" tour with Danielle. She was so fun, and kept things fresh; it didn't sound overly rehearsed, and her love and knowledge of the city really added to the experience. From that trip, we found which parts of the city were our favorite (Chelsea! And the Highline!), and found restaurants and shops we made a point to checkout during the rest of our trip.

We enjoyed it so much that we booked the Central Park tour with Max. He was full of so many great stories and knowledge of this incredible park. You can tell he loves what he does. Thanks again Max, from the firefighter-turned-CFO and his wife! :)

BOTTOM LINE: you will get SO much more out of the city by booking one of these than if you go it alone with a guidebook. They are the perfect amount of time, super reasonable, and were the highlight of our trip. Can't wait to do another on our return trip!

TIP: Book the "Village Sampler" for your first day in the city! This helps you plan the rest of your trip around the places you're most interested in :)

Visited December 2012
Kirtland, Ohio
“An excellent tour for the first time visitor and the seasoned NYC traveler.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a variety of vacationers on our Landmark Explorer tour and Rodney was able to keep us all engaged and entertained throughout. I had been to most of the sights before, but Rodney gave such insight to the history, art, and people of Mid-Town, that I felt I was seeing it for the first time. He even made the maddening crowds and noise of Times Square disappear as he spoke of its role in New York’s past and future. I felt sorry for the other tours that we passed full of people scrambling to keep up with their guide and trying to hear the standard tour scripts. Our small group gave us the opportunity to have all our questions answered and Rodney’s insights, stories, great sense of humor made it a very memorable morning. I’m sorry it took me so long to discover CityRover Walks – I can’t wait for my next trip to NYC and CityRover tour.

Helena, Alabama
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Recently I enjoyed a “sister” trip to New York City. Before leaving home a friend of mine recommended CityRover walking tours which became the highlight of our trip, we did The City of Dreams, Central Park Rover and Brooklyn Bridge Tour. We were fortunate to meet not only Max but Danielle and Rodney as well with Max leading all three of our tours. Max was very knowledgeable in all three areas we visited . I learn something new with each trip to New York City but nothing has surpassed my time spent with CityRover. I liked these tours so well that I bought a gift card for my son and daughter-in-law who live in New York City as I know they too will love the CityRover experience.
I would highly recommend CityRover to anyone who is interested in learning some of New York City’s history. My only regret is that we didn’t take all of the tours City Rover has to offer. Oh well, see you next trip City Rover!

Grimes, Iowa, USA
“Brooklyn Bridge Walking Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I took the Brooklyn Bridge walking tour with our 3 teenage boys in June 2013. Max is very knowledgeable and interesting. He kept our boys engaged and if you have teenagers you know that isn't easy! We would recommend CityRover Walks.