“Special event, special restaurant ...Ai Fiori is wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ai Fiori

Ai Fiori
400 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)
+1 212-613-8660
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ai Fiori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 11,181 Restaurants in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 36 st and 37st (2nd floor)
Transit: 42ND Street Grand Central Station - 4/5/6/7/S (0.46 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 9 minutes walking). 34TH Street Herald Square Station - B/D/F/V or 1/2 to 34TH Street Penn Station (0.33 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 7 minutes walking). Walk east towards 400 Fifth
Description: From acclaimed Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, Ai Fiori celebrates cuisine from the Italian and French Riviera and showcases modern interpretations of traditional regional dishes. Located in the stylish Langham Place, Fifth Avenue hotel, Ai Fiori also boasts an inviting bar and lounge with an extensive cocktail and wine list crafted by the restaurant’s renowned beverage professionals.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Special event, special restaurant ...Ai Fiori is wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

MOTHERs DAY May 2013.. wonderful meal at a great restaurant.,

Ai Fiori saved the day .. ..
Phone reservation .. easily done,
Arriving: my wife and I arrived ... our coats and shopping looked after.
Restaurant: L-shaped and larger groups in one area and smaller groups on one side ..
- You sank into the comfortable chairs and the waiters magically appeared .

Food: Mothers day was a a delightful 3 course menu.. appetizer, Entree & dessert,
each course was presented well,
- I chose poached egg, truffle . seared swordfish.... followed by a meyer-lemon , toasted meringue with gelato.. good size portions.. delicate taste,
Service: excellent attention to detail ensured we were very happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had the Corzetti which was amazing. I actually just wanted a quick bite while in NYC on business so I only ordered the appetizer portion. However, the portion was really really small. The waiter mentioned that traditionally people don't do the a la carte, they do the four courses which was why the portions are smaller. I asked if I could get the other portion to make it an entree size and he did that which gives him an A for service in my book. I would definitely return, mostly because what I had was excellent and the space is impressive. If you're doing the 4 courses don't worry, you won't be hungry (they also gave me little chocolates and candy at the end with my check) but if you go a la carte just know that the portions are small.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
canada
“great food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great food, wine and service. The spot is pretty cool as well. They have corkage which was nice and I cant say anything negative about the place

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“SO DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ai Fiori – this restaurant must be the only one in NY that serves tiny portions and charges a lot of dollars for them! It’s not listed as a la carte!

We went there on reviews from Trip advisor and a recommendation from our concierge....We eat in good restaurants and are happy to pay for good quality food but to still be hungry after paying $200+ not at all happy!

Arrived 10 minutes early and was told our table wasn’t ready – have a drink at the bar ($28 for 2 UNDER half-filled glasses of prosecco).Watched other people come in and be taken to their table straight away…..
Whilst choosing the wine we were shocked to see they thought it ok to charge $99 for a basic bottle of prosecco!
When our appetisers came my husband and I were shocked by how little of them there was! My husband had the razor clams and something – no taste. My pasta ravioli of ricotta was overcooked mush, dressed with a foul tasting glaze. We were offered one half slice of olive bread. We both chose the bouillabaisse for our entrée (being an Italian restaurant why they don’t just list it as cioppino?) the tiny amount of seafood was in a bowl and the sauce came separate in a small jug! The seafood was ok but the sauce very heavy and not at all pleasant.

The only good things I have to write are that the restaurant is tastefully decorated with a nice ambience and once we were seated the service was good and efficient.
Next visit to NY will sadly not include a return visit here

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Disappointing and pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Have to agree with the review by Luush below. There was just nothing special about any of the dishes. The well touted squid ink pasta was okay, but nothing more, certainly not memorable as this dish often is. Lobster bisque was average, no wow factor. Veal chop was salty. Service though was good, cannot fault that. Bill came to $150 per person with an $80 bottle of wine and a first round of drinks. You can find better Italian in New York in that price range. Don't worry about how you dress. The crowd was casual, some teenagers in T-shirts.

Visited May 2013