“Not Memorable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stella - Manhattan Bistro - CLOSED

Stella - Manhattan Bistro
213 Front St, New York City, NY 10038 (Financial District)
212-233-2417
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Corner of Beekman
Transit: Take 2, 3, 4, 5, A, C, J, M, Z to Fulton St-Broadway-Nassau and 4, 5, 6, J, M, Z to Chambers-Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall.
Description: Stella, located in the South Street Seaport, is a Manhattan Bistro; a new type of Bistro that pays homage to our European ancestors. With New York City being the cultural epicenter that it is, Stella has created a unique meld of Old World European tradition with Manhattan je ne sais quoi. We invite you to come down and enjoy our fine foods, spirits and ambience. Our Bistro delivers the feel of a “modern 1920’s Paris brasserie” with a relaxed and upscale setting of black and silver motif, trimmed with red accents. Swarovski crystal chandeliers hang down from the black granite and espresso-stained mahogany bar.
New York City, New York
“Not Memorable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I bought a Liviing Social voucher for beer tasting and tapas for two people. We were given 5 beers each and a choice of five tapas.

I like two of the beers, but cannot remember the name of the ones I like. It would be helpful if they write it down because other than mentioning it as it was placed on the table, you can't remember unless you have excellent memory. I could remember which is which. I know I like the wheat ones.

The tapas we chose were ham and cheese sandwich covered with gruyere. french fries with truffle oil and parmesian cheese, beef empanadas, fried calamari, and macaroni and cheese. They bought us fried mozzarella instead of the fries. Nothing was memorable or outstanding, although, i wouldn't call it bad either. I cannot say anthing was "wow" or was really good. I have had better at other places.

The decor is not anything outstanding either nor is the service. I would say this is an average restaurant with nothing to make it stand out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Burlington, Canada
“Average Food, poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We went to Stella's prior to an evening cruise. The food was decent although not especially memorable. The server was in not attentive and in fact forgot our orders. Even after being reminded, she got my daughter's order wrong bringing frites rather than the substitute salad ordered. Had to try to get her attention to get a second glass of wine.

South Windsor, Connecticut
“Very, very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We went here because we had a restaurant.com coupon. We were pleasantly surprised. The service was great! The food was delicous and the atmosphere was really nice. I would go there again even if I didnt have a certificate. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2012
Colchester, Connecticut
“Solid Performer in a Neighborhood of Tourist Traps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were attracted to Stella's salad choices and weren't disappointed. Both of us had the Mediterranean Salad and I added a side of ratatouille.

The greens were fresh and the salads weren't overdressed. Nice. The salads' supply of grilled vegetables was a bit scanty, though. Not bad.

The ratatouille was excellent, with a tiny touch of cayenne, and a healthy portion for NY at $6.00.

Service was prompt and our waiter was charmingly and appropriately saucy.

The main weakness was an unkempt bathroom.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and value, friendly staff, will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

We were touring the Seaport and needed a dining spot nearby, so picked this as the best rated in the trip advisor. We were most pleased. We had: mussels frites, pork, salad and pots du creme dessert. All were excellent, but the dessert was outstanding. The waiter/bartender was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere