We stayed here for five days in October. The guest house is perfectly located in Hamilton Heights mid way between two subway stations, each of which is just a few minutes walk. The guest house is a late 19th century building forming part of a terrace of similar homes in a tree lined street. The interior retains many original features and is furnished to enhance the period character. The accommodation is comfortable. The rooms cleaned, bedding and towels changed each day, by good humored pleasant staff. A comprehensive breakfast is served in an elegant dining area on the first floor. The staff being happy to prepare food of your choice.
The guest house has an unconventional, relaxed, somewhat eccentric ambiance reflecting the personality of the owner Felicia. We found it charming and enjoyed our stay immensely.
Cons: This New York home may not appeal to guests of a more formal nature. A clearer check in system needs to be introduced.
- Also Known As:
- The New York Renaissance Home Hotel New York City
- The New York Renaissance Home Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy excellent hospitality and service from New York Renaissance Home. Whether visiting New York City for business, a romantic weekend getaway or a cozy overnight stay with family or friends, we offer affordable accommodations that that won't stress your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The New York Renaissance Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.