“Excellent hotel in midtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Gotham Hotel

You added The Gotham Hotel to your Saves list
The Gotham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 East 46th Street, Between Fifth and Madison Avenues, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #239 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Excellent hotel in midtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Great sizeable rooms in midtown. Extremely clean, with a small balcony. The staff were both friendly and attentive. 5th avenue on your doorstep and a short walk to Times Square. Very reasonably priced especially for Super Bowl weekend. Would definitely recommend for couples or on business.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I came for business and I am quite impressed. The rooms are clean and modern and the staff is friendly and helpful. before coming I saw a few of the negative reviews and was a bit nervous but decided to chance it. I'm glad I did. I think this is a great hotel and I'm really happy with my experience.

As for the negatives, no I didn't have a view but I didn't expect one at this price point in New York. I would also like a butler outside of my room but do not expect one if I am not paying for it. As for cleanliness I can only say that in my experience the room was very clean and I did not have any problems.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hampshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Convenient location, quite smart and stylish and the free glass of wine on arrival is a nice touch. We had great views from our 16th floor room, which was small but adequate - a very comfortable bed and a good shower.
Only regret was taking their advice on how to get to Newark Airport!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Right in the best point for the tourist in Manhattan, close to everything - Central Park, restaurants, shops. The hotel seems to have been recently renovated. The rooms are comfortable (amazing shower), not really spacious (NYC standard), but very clean. Overall, it's a good option if you are not in a tight budget.

• Stayed February 2014
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We spent a week in the City and we found this hotel. We were used to go to international Hotels so we were a little bit skeptical on the Design & Boutique hotels but as soon we reached we felt great.
Superb location. The room was big and very comfortable and clean.
The staff was great. Always helpful, kind and young.
We appreciated a lot Ray and Maria: they are the best in town!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I have just come back from NYC, where i spent 10 days at The Gotham. We had booked a King size bed double room, we've been allocated room 81, on the 8th floor. The room was PERFECT! I was hesitating between 2 hotels, and couldn't quite make my mind. Now i'm happy i've chosen the Gotham.
In terms of location, the hotel is perfect! It's perfectly located, in a walking distance from Times Square, colombus circle.. It's very central. The room was really big ( way bigger than the usual standards in Nyc), the bed was super comfortable, and the staff were extra helpful when needed. The room's decoration is modern, neat and clean. And the bathroom was very nice, with a gorgeous italian shower.
We highly appreciated our stay at the Gotham! The Internet is free ( unlike most hotels there), and the tv channels are thorough.
All together it really was a fantastic stay, and i would definitely recommend and go back to the Gotham!
The Hotel Manager, Norman, was really nice and helpful, replying to my emails very quickly. Too bad we never got around to meeting him.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Needed a simple hotel in midtown for business and am so happy I found Gotham Hotel. It's a small boutique hotel - with friendly service and great ammenities - like a wine bar/restaurant and a snack bar/stocked fridge in the room. Great!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 8th floor, but I believer higher up floors have balconies.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Gotham Hotel? Share your experiences!