“Slinky little number tucked away off 5th Avenue” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gotham Hotel

You added The Gotham Hotel to your Saves list
The Gotham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 East 46th Street, Between Fifth and Madison Avenues, New York City, NY 10017 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #240 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Slinky little number tucked away off 5th Avenue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place was truly a pleasant surprise. It's in the middle of midtown, steps from Fifth Avenue and Grand Central, but worlds away from the hustle once you enter your spacious, modern, and quiet room. Every room has a balcony or terrace. There are no more than four rooms on each floor. The lobby is a tiny affair, but the rooms are huge by New York standards. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Weston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We selected the hotel because is was a short walk from Grand Central. Very neat hotel. We were on an upper floor - only 2 rooms that shared a large outdoor area with dining table and chairs. We had a small balcony off our room as well. Very nice and very comfortable.

Room Tip: We booked our room at the last minute online. Great price. Upper floor - only 2 rooms to a floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel in a great location with lots of space and great staff! Stayed there for our honeymoon and would definitely go back, we were upgraded to a skyline room which was brilliant. Bathroom was very large and all amenities perfect. Prefer this type of hotel to a really big one. Good breakfast too!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeland, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Gotham, and we really enjoyed it. It is a pretty small hotel; the floor our room was on only had three rooms. We stayed in a skyline room. The room is pretty good sized (for NYC) as well as the bathroom. It had a balcony that overlooked 46th Street with a table and chairs, which was really nice. Unfortunately, there was a massive heat wave going on while we were there (it felt like it was in the high 90's or above every day), so we didn't use it as much as I would have liked. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely consider saying here again when we return to NYC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lambertville, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed overnight on Friday and I was so happy I chose the Gotham. The staff, especially Ray & Ana were very friendly and helpful. Ray even flagged down a cab for me in the rain.
The room was immaculate with a great shower in the bathroom. Quiet with a sizeable terrace for NYC.
I so enjoyed it, will definitely come back. Not to mention, this is in a great location too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Gothamgm, General Manager at The Gotham Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Lemonlime56,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review on trip advisor. I am truly happy that Ray and Ana were able to provide friendly and helpful service. Please reach out to me next time your travels bring you to NYC, I look forward to welcoming you.
Ferran S
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Second time at Gotham. New reception. Very nice position close to the fifth (shopping area) and Bryant Park / Broadway (my business area) . Nice and clean rooms,comfortable bed . quite expensive (but what's not expensive in that area?)Special thanks to Rey always kind and helpfull. Gianluca - Como - italy

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed one night in the Gotham, and it is perfect for anyone doing business in the Diamond District as it is located on 46th St. between Madison and 5th Ave. The young man at check-in was super nice and friendly, and the property is clean and beautiful. The other guests seem nice, all professionals. The room was itself was immaculately clean, fairly spacious by NY standards, and beautifully decorated (the bathroom shower tiles are gorgeous, with a stacked, lean subway tile effect in colored glass). And, my stay was QUIET: I was on the 7th floor and didn't hear anyone else the whole night, and my room was on the 46th St. side yet I had a completely silent night! [I find that street-side rooms can be noisy bc of traffic.] It was pricier than what my company normally pays ($400 for the night via HotelTonight.com) and that would be the only reason I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gothamgm, General Manager at The Gotham Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear maxjeffjen1,

Thank you very much for your review! I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay! Please contact me directly at ferran@thegothamhotelny.com next time you visit NYC I am sure we will be able to accommodate you.
We look forward to your next visit.
Best

Ferran Sanfelimon

Been to The Gotham Hotel? Share your experiences!