“Nice place, just understand it is more like a water park!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #487 of 808 Activities in New York City
New York City, New York
“Nice place, just understand it is more like a water park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed the two times I visited. However, my first time a little turned off with kids all over the place.I would never go on the weekends. It would be 100 percent better if it was for adults only. It doesn't feel like a spa, more of a water park. The food is overpriced. The chicken wings are good and salomen. Get there early if u go. But overall a cool place! I suggest the weekdays to visit. Less people for sure! Oh and no shoe policy and people walk around nude in the locker room. That was weird with kids around. But you are not in the locker room long. I just change and go about my business.

Visited June 2013

Floral Park, New York, United States
“I can't believe what happened”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rude, disgusting cashiers, managers and security. I spent 700.00 dollars and was treated like crap. They talk and laugh about you in Korean while there's an issue checking out. They pushed to the limit where I finally lost it. Said things I normally never would and really left after spending so much money more stressed than when I came in. It was a perfect day until check out. $700.00 is a lot of money. Customers are always right, no matter what they should never be pushed to the limits in which they freak out. Don't go.

4 attraction reviews
“Go on a weekday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Reading other reviews and speaking to a few past patrons I decided to go on a Monday. It rocked. Go early in the morning and spend the day relaxing. Please note that you can only bring bathing suite and a towel. Everything else was pretty pricey.

“Awful service !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I had been calling the day before make a reservation for scrub , they put me on hold 2 hours! And never get back to me! I called 5 times , nobody answer ! So when I came today, first I was staying in the line 40 min and then girl told me Oh, everything is overbooked for today !! So put the sign, make note on your website ! Let people know that your overbooked because I was driving 2 hours to get here!!!

“Always a good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is one of my favorite places in New York. Anytime someone comes to visit from out of town, this is where I take them. You can't beat $35 for an all day relaxing experience. When I first started going to SpaCastle, we were probably the only black people there, which was a bit odd in the nude areas. It has since become pretty diverse.

When you first arrive, upon paying the entry fee you are given a bracelet to access your storage lockers and for charging purposes. NOTE: it is so easy to overspend, please be cognizant of how much you are swiping. Between food and services, it's so easy for your $35 entry fee to become a $200 exit.

The theraputic pools located in the nude shower area are beyond amazing and the place is kept incredibly clean. There are both hot and dry steam rooms in that area also. The area is gender specific, which was the first thing that my friend asked. I assured her that the only men in the area would be under 3 feet tall. lol.

Spa Castle provides shower gel and shampoo but I recommend bringing your own. Their world famous body scrub is so worth the $50. You will feel like a newborn baby afterward.

Upstairs, there's a sleep room and sauna valley. One level above that, are the outdoor heated pools that offer an incredible view.

They also have a salad bar that is a bit overpriced at about $12 a pound. But the food was fresh and healthy. There is also an ice cream bar and a smoothie bar.

My only feedback was that there should be some sort of discounted entry fee for people getting services. I think it's a little odd to pay an entry fee to get massages and pedicures, etc. Just my opinion....

To summarize, Spa Castle is a great way to spend a relaxing day! We left 5 hours later feeling very good.

Visited April 2013