“Go on a weekday” 4 of 5 stars

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Go on a weekday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Reading other reviews and speaking to a few past patrons I decided to go on a Monday. It rocked. Go early in the morning and spend the day relaxing. Please note that you can only bring bathing suite and a towel. Everything else was pretty pricey.

Visited May 2013

“Awful service !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I had been calling the day before make a reservation for scrub , they put me on hold 2 hours! And never get back to me! I called 5 times , nobody answer ! So when I came today, first I was staying in the line 40 min and then girl told me Oh, everything is overbooked for today !! So put the sign, make note on your website ! Let people know that your overbooked because I was driving 2 hours to get here!!!

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Always a good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is one of my favorite places in New York. Anytime someone comes to visit from out of town, this is where I take them. You can't beat $35 for an all day relaxing experience. When I first started going to SpaCastle, we were probably the only black people there, which was a bit odd in the nude areas. It has since become pretty diverse.

When you first arrive, upon paying the entry fee you are given a bracelet to access your storage lockers and for charging purposes. NOTE: it is so easy to overspend, please be cognizant of how much you are swiping. Between food and services, it's so easy for your $35 entry fee to become a $200 exit.

The theraputic pools located in the nude shower area are beyond amazing and the place is kept incredibly clean. There are both hot and dry steam rooms in that area also. The area is gender specific, which was the first thing that my friend asked. I assured her that the only men in the area would be under 3 feet tall. lol.

Spa Castle provides shower gel and shampoo but I recommend bringing your own. Their world famous body scrub is so worth the $50. You will feel like a newborn baby afterward.

Upstairs, there's a sleep room and sauna valley. One level above that, are the outdoor heated pools that offer an incredible view.

They also have a salad bar that is a bit overpriced at about $12 a pound. But the food was fresh and healthy. There is also an ice cream bar and a smoothie bar.

My only feedback was that there should be some sort of discounted entry fee for people getting services. I think it's a little odd to pay an entry fee to get massages and pedicures, etc. Just my opinion....

To summarize, Spa Castle is a great way to spend a relaxing day! We left 5 hours later feeling very good.

babylon ny
8 attraction reviews
“Nothing like it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Spa Castle is Unique. There's no massage facility that I know of in NY that you can kill 1, 3, 8 hours so easily and at so little cost. I try to go here once a quater. I spend $200 and that's indulgent. I could easily spend just the entry fee and have an amazing day. The entry fee provides access to the public and gender-private saunas, steam rooms and jacuzzis, as well as the heated nap floors and various sitting areas one could kill loads of relaxing time in. I've never had a massage in a private room ($$$) but having gotten many in the public room ($$) I can't image how a private room could be better. Then there's the hand and foot massage room, the Korean bar B Q and jacuzzi bar, the heated floor for napping (can you imagine??). Did I mention everyone is in uniform and barefoot?

There's just not enough room to write it all. What I will say is that the gender-specific bath area is amazing. First of all, there's a remarkable lack of clothing. For a repressed roman catholic, prancing around without clothes is at first pretty hard but then oddly liberating. What I really love is the body scrub. I've had "body scrubs" in western massage centers like Bliss in NYC. Those are tame in comparison. These Korean women are out for blood. Not actual blood- dead skin. I have never- with any washclothe or exfoliating treatment, ever dreamed of reaching the level of cleanliness these korean bath-amazons acheive. After a while I don't even realize I'm laying naked on a table in the middle of a bathing area. It just doesn't seem to matter after getting so drunk on relaxation all day.

For people who love massage, Spa castle is totally unique and thoroughly amazing. Enjoy!!

The first time I visited Spa Castle I allocated 3 hours. Then it was 4-5. It's now 8-10 and that's not enough. i wish a hotel sat on top of spa castle so I could sleep there as well. it's cruel to have to drive home.

“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I planned a relaxing spa day and instead we felt like we stepped into a six flags theme park. Kids running around, loud shouting on all floors. The discusting part was no shoes, anywhere including the bathrooms (yes, bathrooms). The staff is non responsive and rude. No one there seems to care. If you are looking for a "spa day"do not book here.