“Above and Beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 452 hotels in New York City
Birmingham, Alabama
“Above and Beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

After reading the outstanding reviews of this hotel I had high expectations. I can honestly say that the FFI-Chelsea exceeded all expectations on every level (quality, value and especially customer service). We have stayed in many NYC hotels with varying star levels and tripadvisor ratings but none better than the FFI-Chelsea. As noted in previous reviews the customer servce is excellent. Every employee (too many to mention each by name), from those we spoke with by phone prior to our visit to those with whom we interracted during our stay, were both professional and personable. They made us feel right at home. Special recognition should go to Katie C who upon learning that we were there to celebrate our daughter's birthday went above and beyond with an upgraded room (great view of ESB) and a bday surprise. The rooms are large by NYC standards, well appointed and very clean. The free wifi and beakfast add to the already outstanding value. The location is convenient - near subway, restaurants and out of the craziness of Time Square. The FFI-Chelsea will definitely be at the top of our list for future visits to NYC. The only word of warning has nothing to do with the hotel itself but is worth mentioning. They were working on the street in front of the hotel. It did not take away from our positive experience but we did awaken to the sound of a jackhammer each morning. I'm not sure how long this will be an issue but you might want to ask if it matters to you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear tk4bama,

Thank you for giving Fairfield Inn Chelsea a try. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed your accommodation, our free amenities and our great location. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our team. You, your family and especially your daughter is most welcome for the upgrade and birthday treat! It was my pleasure to make sure her special day was acknowledged!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel upon your next visit to New York City.

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last week and had exceptional service from the staff. They were very helpful with directions and a cab to the airport. This hotel is clean and well run and very convenient to the West Village, Midtown, Soho etc. I do receommend it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Mcbearcatfan,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us!

I truly appreciate the great feedback on the hotel staff, as well as our property. I will make sure to share your great comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you again!
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very good location. Close to subway, can walk to Penn station. In addition, there are flower shops all along the road in front of hotel which make you feel fresh whenever you out of hotel.
Staffs are good. Room is good. Anyway, breakfast is never change, that make us a bit bored.

Dear Siri P,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to here you enjoyed everything Fairfield Inn & Suites has to offer and the lovely flower shops right outside!

We hope you have another opportunity to visit us in the Big Apple!
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is a well run hotel with great staff; top to bottom. Thomas and Mia - you are a credit to Marriott. Thanks for all your "foody" advice and other tips as well. Really great service; positive, fun and super helpful. Clearly good management. Great rooms (2 rooms; 2 Kings; great beds; we viewed the Empire State Building from our windows); really decent breakfast (fast and hard working breakfast crew). Everything is new, modern and clean. Its in the "Flower District" of Chelsea. What else can I say? We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Don't know about the rooms at the back of the Hotel - may face a building, but may be cheaper. P...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Mdwondover,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea. We're thrilled you selected our hotel as your choice for lodging while visiting the Big Apple.

It's always great to hear the staff was accommodating and helpful and more importantly, you were able to enjoy your guestroom accommodations as well as the location of the property.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I cannot fault anything with this hotel.
We arrived in Manhattan at 10am, and I knew that we would not be able to check in yet.
The staff at the front desk was really welcoming and right away offered to hold our luggage while we went out shopping in the city.
We were given luggage tags and I felt really secure leaving our bags with them.
We returned to check in at around 3pm, and were delighted to find out we had been upgraded to a suite.
The suite on the 18th floor was great! I would recommend the splurge if you can.
The bedding and the room as a whole felt really new and clean.
Breakfast at this location is great. Starbucks coffee is available 24/7 as well as tea and hot chocolate.
The location of this hotel is on west 28th, in the middle of the flower wholesale shops.
This hotel was walkable to all NYC attractions and shopping.
My biggest compliment is given to the staff. Always with a bright smile and I felt as if they cared that I have a good stay.
Keep up the good work!!!

Dear Cruisebaby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a fabulous review! I am so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay here with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea.

Our goal is to provide a clean room and great customer service and it sounds like we accomplished our goal with you. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the staff!

We thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites for 2 nights for a quick getaway. The hotel's rates are very reasonable for the quality of the hotel and by NYC standards. I liked the location-close to Madison Square Garden, shopping and it is in the flower district, so I loved walking by all the beautiful flowers and plants getting to and from the hotel. Yes, the rooms are small but I have stayed in much smaller rooms in the city. It was clean and comfortable although the towels in the bathroom were a disappointment. The complimentary breakfast was okay and nice to have as an option but I prefer to try one of the many fabulous brunch restaurants the city offers. If you are looking for something fancy, then this isn't your place. But for the price, cleanliness and convenience -this is a great option!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Gigim11,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our property! We are right in the middle of the Flower District and it is a wonderful sight to see each day. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chelsea and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to New York City.
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recently stayed here for three nights during a trade show, and it was a disappointment. There are better options at this price point.

Service was mixed. On the plus side, I arrived at 8am on my day of check-in, in order to drop off my bags. Although I hadn't stayed there the night before, the friendly desk attendant offered me breakfast. That was unexpected and I was impressed.

The next morning, though, I was disappointed when I went to iron my shirt and suit. The iron was dirty from another guest's misuse, and the ironing board cover had holes in the foam and wouldn't stay in place. I requested another board and iron from two -- yes, two -- people at the front desk, but never got it.

Another problem with the room was something that's all too common. Style and function are a balancing act, and when it comes to bathroom renovations, far too many hotels come down way too far on the side of style. Hip tile and fixtures are great, and I do appreciate them, but not at the expense of functionality.

It get it -- NY bathrooms are notoriously small, and there's not much room for counter space. But that's all the more reason to have a shelf or two. It's a hotel. Guests have toiletries. They have to go somewhere.

The bathroom lighting, while not the worst I've ever experienced, was also lacking. But if you don't need to shave, you might be fine.

The hotel has a good location, but I've stayed at others that are much better at a similar price. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KatieC-FFIChelsea, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Travel4FunAndBiz,

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate hearing positive feedback on the property and as well as any feedback that can help us improve your experience for your next stay. Our goal is to extend the best in service to every guest with our staff as well as product.

Please accept my apologies on the challenges you experienced. Please be rest assured the issue has been addressed. Thank you again for choosing our property and we certainly hope you give another opportunity to stay with us.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea? Share your experiences!