“One of the quietest nights in NYC..nice place, street so so..” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #141 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Buffalo, NY
“One of the quietest nights in NYC..nice place, street so so..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have to give this stay a thumbs up for quiet. I have never had so little noise, especially in a relatively low rise building. I was on the 15th floor, facing away from the street. I was dead silent during the night. So if you want a quiet place, this is it. I was in 1501, and this hotel is like many midtown hotels, room face front and back only. No side views. So I know rooms ending in 01 and 03 face the rear for sure. Not a great view, but quiet.

Other than that I have to also say the staff here was very nice, helpful, and efficient. Gave great restaurant suggestions, directions, and other advise.

Room was good size, clean, big bathroom, shower only. No refrigerator. Breakfast was typical Fairfield fare, which was fine. Fitness room was also typical. I went to Planet Fitness on 27th to work out.

Parking is $25.00 per night if you validate, and is about a block away from hotel. The one thing about this location is the street itself is pretty grim, especially when the daily flower vendors are wrapped up for the day. Not a pretty block. But a walk a few blocks away will change that perception. Did feel safe in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Rob,

Thank you for the great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a great night's sleep and an enjoyable stay with us. I am also happy to hear your comments about the staff. They are truly the best in Manhattan, and I have shared your comments with them. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next trip to New York!

Robert Brashler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here the weekend of 3/15/13 to 3/17/13. I was very surprised how well my stay was. The staff was the best. They had a smile on their face and would greet me every time I went out and came back in. The room was great. It was clean and everything worked. The even came to my room to check and make sure the room had been cleaned. I thought that was a great touch. The hotel is in walking distance to everything, Penn station, Times Square and a lot of great places to eat. The free wifi worked great and did I say free. I will stay here on my next trip to New York City. Thanks to the staff and the Fairfield inn for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Antinello,

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and found the staff to be the best. I could not agree with you more! They are superb and I am pleased that they provided excellent service. I have shared your comments with them as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I hope that you had a safe trip back home and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rooms are clean, nice bed, close to Madison Square Garden Events and other Midtown venues, Typical small rooms for New York, and truthfully on the pricey side given the size of the room. Great Location

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay again for 4 days as we did, 2 nights would be my maximum stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Roadrunner,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. You are absolutely right, our location can't be beat! I was disappointed to hear that you found our rooms to be on the pricey side, as we always strive to offer rates that are competitive in the marketplace. I can assure you that the rate you paid was the lowest available for your dates, and invite you to visit our website for Marriott's "look no further" best rate guarantee. I am pleased to hear that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to New York!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

There are a couple Marriott properties near Madison Square Garden. This one is in the "garden district", flowers everywhere. Safe, clean and just a couple blocks from everything near MSG. Stayed here for a basketball tournament over an extended weekend. Prices kept creeping up, so book early! It also was a quick walk from Megabus' drop off stop. Very convenient! Breakfast was good, muffins were like they were homemade. Rooms was clean. View was probably typical NY view, of another hotel next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gloria,

Thank you for such a great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. The flower district is a fantastic area, and we are lucky to have a veritable garden right outside our door. I am glad that it made for an enjoyable stay. I am also pleased to read your comments about the housekeeping and breakfast, and have shared your comments with the staff. I hope that you had a safe trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I loved everything at Fairfield Hotel. It's in a good location, close to the subway and within a walking distance to the most important places in the city. Really comfortable and clean room, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast (continental style). I'd stay there again and totally recommend it! It was a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Patricia,

Thank you for a great review! I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel and had a fantastic stay! You are absolutely right, our hotel is in a great location and makes for a perfect base to explore everything New York has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I have shared your comments with them as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I am glad that you will stay with us again and we look forward to having you as our guests in the near future!

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice hotel near Macy's and flatiron building. Room was very clean, huge comfortable bed and big bathroom. Staff was helpful and nice. We can recommed this hotel and we will come back!
Hyvä ja edullinen hotelli, huone oli siisti ja sänky oli erinomainen, hotelli tarjosi myös aamiaisen mikä oli ihan ok. Hotellilta on lyhyt kävelymatka Macylle, Empire state building ja Flatiron buildingille, metropysäkki löytyi myös ihan nurkan takaata.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Niithai,

Thank you for a great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a terrific stay with us, and have shared your comments with the staff. You are absolutely right, our beds are extremely comfortable and make for a great night's rest after a busy day in the city. I hope you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to New York City!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great time exploring the city. The staff at this hotel was always helpful and went out of their way to take care of us with a late check out and hours to wait until our train left. The rooms were small but clean and perfectly fine. Breakfast was cheerful and plentiful. We would stay here again! Very conveniently located and lots to do within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Astrogirl,

Thank you for a great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that the staff went out of their way to take care of you. I have shared your comments with them, as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I am glad you had a nice time in the city, and we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel upon your next trip to New York!

Robert Brashler

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea? Share your experiences!