“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #133 of 449 hotels in New York City
Laurel, Maryland
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here the weekend of 3/15/13 to 3/17/13. I was very surprised how well my stay was. The staff was the best. They had a smile on their face and would greet me every time I went out and came back in. The room was great. It was clean and everything worked. The even came to my room to check and make sure the room had been cleaned. I thought that was a great touch. The hotel is in walking distance to everything, Penn station, Times Square and a lot of great places to eat. The free wifi worked great and did I say free. I will stay here on my next trip to New York City. Thanks to the staff and the Fairfield inn for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Antinello,

Thank you for the great review! I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and found the staff to be the best. I could not agree with you more! They are superb and I am pleased that they provided excellent service. I have shared your comments with them as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I hope that you had a safe trip back home and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Syracuse, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rooms are clean, nice bed, close to Madison Square Garden Events and other Midtown venues, Typical small rooms for New York, and truthfully on the pricey side given the size of the room. Great Location

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay again for 4 days as we did, 2 nights would be my maximum stay
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Roadrunner,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. You are absolutely right, our location can't be beat! I was disappointed to hear that you found our rooms to be on the pricey side, as we always strive to offer rates that are competitive in the marketplace. I can assure you that the rate you paid was the lowest available for your dates, and invite you to visit our website for Marriott's "look no further" best rate guarantee. I am pleased to hear that you will come back and stay with us again. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to New York!

Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

There are a couple Marriott properties near Madison Square Garden. This one is in the "garden district", flowers everywhere. Safe, clean and just a couple blocks from everything near MSG. Stayed here for a basketball tournament over an extended weekend. Prices kept creeping up, so book early! It also was a quick walk from Megabus' drop off stop. Very convenient! Breakfast was good, muffins were like they were homemade. Rooms was clean. View was probably typical NY view, of another hotel next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Gloria,

Thank you for such a great review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. The flower district is a fantastic area, and we are lucky to have a veritable garden right outside our door. I am glad that it made for an enjoyable stay. I am also pleased to read your comments about the housekeeping and breakfast, and have shared your comments with the staff. I hope that you had a safe trip back home and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to New York!

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I loved everything at Fairfield Hotel. It's in a good location, close to the subway and within a walking distance to the most important places in the city. Really comfortable and clean room, very friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast (continental style). I'd stay there again and totally recommend it! It was a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Patricia,

Thank you for a great review! I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel and had a fantastic stay! You are absolutely right, our hotel is in a great location and makes for a perfect base to explore everything New York has to offer. I am also pleased to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I have shared your comments with them as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I am glad that you will stay with us again and we look forward to having you as our guests in the near future!

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Nice hotel near Macy's and flatiron building. Room was very clean, huge comfortable bed and big bathroom. Staff was helpful and nice. We can recommed this hotel and we will come back!
Hyvä ja edullinen hotelli, huone oli siisti ja sänky oli erinomainen, hotelli tarjosi myös aamiaisen mikä oli ihan ok. Hotellilta on lyhyt kävelymatka Macylle, Empire state building ja Flatiron buildingille, metropysäkki löytyi myös ihan nurkan takaata.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Niithai,

Thank you for a great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a terrific stay with us, and have shared your comments with the staff. You are absolutely right, our beds are extremely comfortable and make for a great night's rest after a busy day in the city. I hope you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to New York City!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great time exploring the city. The staff at this hotel was always helpful and went out of their way to take care of us with a late check out and hours to wait until our train left. The rooms were small but clean and perfectly fine. Breakfast was cheerful and plentiful. We would stay here again! Very conveniently located and lots to do within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello Astrogirl,

Thank you for a great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that the staff went out of their way to take care of you. I have shared your comments with them, as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I am glad you had a nice time in the city, and we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel upon your next trip to New York!

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott property multiple times and enjoyed all visits prior to my most recent trip. I stay here due to the amazing proximity for work and really love the location, it's short walk to the subway and other things.

But this was an overall subpar visit for two reasons. The first? I arrived from the West coast via a red-eye flight around 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning and was told my room wasn't ready. That was totally cool, as check-in isn't until 3 p.m. However, the woman at the front desk told me she would give me the first open room that became available. I told her I would sit in the small waiting area not 15 feet away from her in her eye line to make sure she remembered I was there and ready. More than two hours later, at least one other person checked in successfully and it was only when I went up and asked if a room was available did she say "yes," which made me irate because she knew I had traveled without sleep to NYC.

Second? I woke up Monday morning and prepared to depart. As I was gathering my belongings on the bed, I noticed an array of blood stains all over the white comforter. Absolutely disgusting. I took multiple pictures of the inexcusably laid comforter and delivered my complaint to the desk upon check-out.

As a Marriott Rewards and "Friends & Family" member who has numerous business associates inside the Marriott Worldwide walls, I was appalled to only receive $20 off my stay having spent thousands of dollars at various Marriott establishments nationwide.

This whole experience has made second-guess staying at this property in the future after enjoying every other prior visit. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms are great and are a perfect size for singles/couples. Ask for a higher room to avoid any possi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello Jpjpstar,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping department. Our Executive Housekeeper has personally corrected the issue and extends her profuse apologies for the oversight. I can assure you that this was an exception, and is certaily not the standard for our hotel. I do hope that your experience here will not affect your overall impression of the Marriott brand, and hope that you will consider one of our other hotels in the Marriott family for your next visit to New York.

Robert Brashler

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea? Share your experiences!