“Great choice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #137 of 452 hotels in New York City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had a great time exploring the city. The staff at this hotel was always helpful and went out of their way to take care of us with a late check out and hours to wait until our train left. The rooms were small but clean and perfectly fine. Breakfast was cheerful and plentiful. We would stay here again! Very conveniently located and lots to do within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Astrogirl,

Thank you for a great review! I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us and that the staff went out of their way to take care of you. I have shared your comments with them, as it is reviews like yours that keep them energized and motivated. I am glad you had a nice time in the city, and we do hope to welcome you back to our hotel upon your next trip to New York!

398 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott property multiple times and enjoyed all visits prior to my most recent trip. I stay here due to the amazing proximity for work and really love the location, it's short walk to the subway and other things.

But this was an overall subpar visit for two reasons. The first? I arrived from the West coast via a red-eye flight around 11 a.m. on a Sunday morning and was told my room wasn't ready. That was totally cool, as check-in isn't until 3 p.m. However, the woman at the front desk told me she would give me the first open room that became available. I told her I would sit in the small waiting area not 15 feet away from her in her eye line to make sure she remembered I was there and ready. More than two hours later, at least one other person checked in successfully and it was only when I went up and asked if a room was available did she say "yes," which made me irate because she knew I had traveled without sleep to NYC.

Second? I woke up Monday morning and prepared to depart. As I was gathering my belongings on the bed, I noticed an array of blood stains all over the white comforter. Absolutely disgusting. I took multiple pictures of the inexcusably laid comforter and delivered my complaint to the desk upon check-out.

As a Marriott Rewards and "Friends & Family" member who has numerous business associates inside the Marriott Worldwide walls, I was appalled to only receive $20 off my stay having spent thousands of dollars at various Marriott establishments nationwide.

This whole experience has made second-guess staying at this property in the future after enjoying every other prior visit. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms are great and are a perfect size for singles/couples. Ask for a higher room to avoid any possi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello Jpjpstar,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. I have shared your comments with the Housekeeping department. Our Executive Housekeeper has personally corrected the issue and extends her profuse apologies for the oversight. I can assure you that this was an exception, and is certaily not the standard for our hotel. I do hope that your experience here will not affect your overall impression of the Marriott brand, and hope that you will consider one of our other hotels in the Marriott family for your next visit to New York.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I just stayed there for a quick work trip and found it very clean, comfy and modern. Great staff as well- they are very nice and helpful! The welcome bags with water and cookies are a nice touch! Would look to stay here in the future,

• Stayed February 2013
Robert B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello Bus Traveler,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel--albeit a quick one. I am pleased to hear that the staff provided top notch service and I have shared your comments with them. I hope you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future!

Bodrum
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel pictures are misleading, therefore you should keep your expactation low. Hotel rooms are very clean, I can't tell the same thing for public areas. Breakfast area was in mess for the most of the time. None of our special requests (such as bed type, high floor preferance, close rooms) were taken care of. Rooms are very small, no space to place the luggage, if you travel two, forget about second luggage. Small wardrobe, no shelf on the bathroom.
However for a city like NY, you shouldn't expect more on this price level, I think this sub-brands do not promise more than this. Just good to know what to expact in advance. One more thing regarding payment; Although every room either guaranteed or paid on arrival with their individual credit card, my credit card (as I made the reservations at the first stage) was charged for the first night fee, which is non-sense, I had to find it out on my return through my bank statement. I had to call the hotel and sort it out. They were kind and quick on the phone though. Staff is professional in general.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello Tekinoz,

Thank you for submitting a review, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. I am sorry to hear you found our hotel to be only average. I can assure you that the pictures we have online are indicative of our guest rooms, and have not been doctored or retouched in any way. I am pleased to hear that your room was exceptionally clean and have shared your comments with the Housekeeping staff. I am also sorry for the difficulty you had with your credit card, however, when you book an advance purchase rate, it does require payment at the time of booking. Normally the method of payment cannot be switched, but I am pleased to hear that the Front Desk staff was able to accomodate you and rectify the situation. I do hope that you had a safe trip back home, and hope that you will consider staying with us again, or with one of our other hotels in the Marriott family for your next visit to New York.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wife said find me a place near the Empire state building that is safe with free breakfast! First trip for our family of 6 to NYC! I went to trip advisor and saw that this location was a few blocks from Empire state building and seemed nice. The picture of the facade appealed to her so we booked! We were very suprised with the room in comparison with some of the competitors we looked at. We had 2 bathrooms and 2 separate rooms with a sliding door which was excellent way to have kids sleep while parents wound down. View on 18th floor south was very intersting. The breakfast area was congested and the hotel staff had a hard time keeping up with the crowds. Parking was free out front on weekend night which was pleasure since parking structure for hotel was a few blocks away. To our surprise in the morning we thought our car was gone for sure when we went outside and in all directions we see plants. Eventually walked into the street and saw our car amongst the rain forest that had appeared over night. Turns out this was the florist/garden district. Very nice people helped me load the car since they needed the room to help unload more flowers.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to help get a view of the skyline. South side rooms faced Freedom tower.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello Joe,

Thank you for such a great review! I am thrilled to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and enjoyed your first trip to Manhattan. New York City is an amazing place, and our hotel is situated right in the flower district which makes it an ideal base for exploring the city. Our suites are a fantastic choice for families traveling together, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of it. I hope that you had a safe trip back home, and we would love to have you as our guests again on your next trip to New York!

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Once I got passed the fact that this is a New York City coffin size room, I came to like this hotel. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast very good. And any time I had to ask for something they were extremely polite and helpful. On my arrival when I noticed my room did not have a hair dryer, I called down to ask if there was supposed to be one in the room or if they did not offer hair dryers. They apologized on the phone and sent one right up. The person who brought up the hair dryer profusely apologized.

Two drawbacks. There is very little shelf space in the bathroom to store cosmetics, etc. And the free wifi is very slow.

But I would return to this hotel. The location is very good and as i said, they were really friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Adongeorge,

Thank you for submitting a review, I always enjoy receiving guest feedback. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am also pleased to hear that the staff was responsive to your needs and were polite and helpful. I have shared your comments with the team, as it is comments like yours that keep them energized and motivated. The entire team is glad to hear that you will be returning, and we look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to New York!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Clean room, great location, helpful staff, great amenities for the price. This hotel is a fantastic value for Manhattan, a gem staring you right in the face. I plan to look here first for future stays in New York City.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello 1337Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us, and we enjoyed having you as our guest as well. You are absolutely right, our location is fantastic and I am also pleased to hear that the staff provided excellent service. I am glad to hear that you will be staying with us again o your next visit to New York. I hope you had a safe trip back home, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Robert Brashler

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Chelsea? Share your experiences!