“Great location, great view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel

You added The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel to your Saves list
The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 East 39th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #260 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Great location, great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

I enjoyed being in this part of the city taking walks to the East River and down to Curry Hill for some good Indian food about 10 blocks south. My favorite part though was the view from my room. The Chrysler Building is one of my favorite buildings and I had a perfect view of it from my room. Clean, attractive,comfortable room; quiet and cool despite heat wave outside.

Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

This hotel was worth visiting if just for the bed! In a word..."plush." Spacious, classy, colorful, eclectic, clean, centrally located, accommodating, welcoming....and excellent rates. Thank you St. Giles. I'm from San Diego and visit New York a few times a year...this will be my New York "coming home" hotel indefinitely. Wonderful, friendly staff, handsome doormen, walk-in closets, clean bathrooms with space for toiletries...and those pillows!....yum!

• Stayed August 2010
Falls Church, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

Traveled on business to NYC. Had a nice warm welcome upon arriving to the hotel. Everyone that works there is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very large for a NYC hotel and the value was outstanding. The room was clean and very functional. I had a great stay here and plan to stay here in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I am not an expert in hotel reviews but have spent my entire working career (40 yrs) as a user throughout North America. There are various things that will tip the scale for me but friendliness and clenliness are on the top of my list. The Tuscany had it all. The GM (David Lopez) was a star in our sky as he made a wonderful visit to New York become an amazing visit. His style and approach to our special time was unsolicited, unexpected and so appreciated. Try this hotel as I expect you will be more than pleased. Cheers Tuscany

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Although it has been a couple of weeks, the memory of my stay lingers on! First, if I only new what awaited me, I may have made plans for days in advance! You graciously took me in even though I was a day late! You took my bags for safe keeping while I was whisked away by my wild and wonderful friends for the river tour! Our group filled the public spaces of both the Court and the Tuscany and all I ever witnessed from hotel hosts were smiles and pure accommodation! For this and my Wonderful room (for which I want to move into), I am most grateful! This was a most special reunion among friends of 25-30 yrs! You helped make this a seamless journey of renewal!! With much gratitude!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

My friend and I went to NY for the weekend.
We stayed at the court and it was great. Being greeted by a doorman that helped us
with our bags was awesome. From check in to check out, the experience was a great one! All staff took the time to answer our questions and concerns. The location is great and fairly close to many attractions.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

The St. Giles was an awesome place to stay. The location made everything so easy from getting to and from the airport to being very centrally located, it just was perfect. As soon as we walked up to the hotel being greeted by warm and friendly "security guys" at the door, we knew things were a little different. I saw the same guys every time I went in and out and you couldn't help but strike up a bit of a friendship. The room was surprisingly large (for NY) and had a very clean, modern and comfortable feel to it. Very pleasant, comfortable place to stay along with friendly, efficient staff.
They get my recommendation with both thumbs UP!
Carl Romaner

• Stayed August 2010

Been to The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!