“great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel

You added The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel to your Saves list
The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 East 39th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #260 of 463 Hotels in New York City
“great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

rooms are very clean and very big ,close to all new York as to offer in the central part. my only complaint would be the hotel bar only serves bottled beers and is very expensive so I went across the street and got a six pack for $6. staff are friendly and I would stay in this hotel again if I return to this great city

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Montpellier, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I travelled to New York for business purposes and have stayed in Wall Street district, but I decided to stay few more days after work to visit the city and to meet my cousin, and therefore I chose this hotel for its reasonnable price in such perfect location (as I found Wall Street district quite boring at night...). And I made the right choice! I really loved the hotel the minute we stepped in, the staffs were very great and so nice! The doormen took care of our luggages and were very helpful in valet parking (for my cousin's car). Then during our check in we were upgraded to a bigger room with two queen size beds, and vith views of the Empire State Building which was really nice at night! The room was very big (for New York standards) and confortable, and as we were in high floors facing the inner court it was very quiet at night. The location was really great, we could walk easily to a lot of places (Grand Central Terminal, 5th avenue, Central Park, Times Square...) so we saved a lot of time on transportation. There were also lot of dining options in the neighborhood so it was very convenient. We tried the hotel in room dining for breakfast and for some snacks before our broadway show, we also had cocktails at the hotel bar, and drinks, meals and service were top notch.
The only unpleasant thing I encountered during my stay was that I had requested prior to my stay and even twice while I was at the hotel to have a coffee maker in the room, but despite the positive replies from the staffs, I never saw it...
But despite that minor thing I recommend this hotel and will consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel is Ina prime location. Close to Grand Central. Our Hotel room was on the 3rd floor by the elevator - not the quietest location. Can hear people talking. View was horrible. It overlooked so ugly court yard and had some Black wire hanging through our window. The showerhead in our room was horrible. It felt like a garden hose. The smoke alarm was low on batter, so on our last night it kept beeping intermittently in the early am, when we had to catch an early flight home too. We got little sleep to say the least.

Room Tip: Dont get it by the elevator and check your showerhead.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We visited with 6 people (2 rooms) for a long weekend stay. The staff was so amazing! Super friendly and accommodating staff. Greeted us by name anytime we came in or out. They were so helpful in ordering a shuttle to get us to the airport and it was timed perfectly! The rooms were great! We had a Condo Suite with an adjoining double queen room. Wonderful terrace that had an incredible view of the Chrysler building. View of the Empire state out of the bedroom window. Close to Times Square, Grand Central, shopping. We will absolutely stay here anytime we are in NYC!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A good hotel, with good facilities in an ideal location. Great options on the menu and there is also a Gym to hand if you want to burn of a few donuts.

Staff very friendly and helpful and hotel is nice and clean with great beds for that comfortable sleep.

Room Tip: The rooms re very nice, if you can upgrade to a suite as they are really really good value.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Court just a few days ago, and after coming from the W, I was not impressed with my new digs. The decor and the service do not live up to the "premier" descriptor. Many of the walls needed new paint, and there did not seem to be many staff around at all. I got a room facing a brick wall!

The two best things about the hotel are its location and the size of its rooms. Whereas at the W, I got a queen room that barely had a shower, at the Court, I got a full room with a large closet area and fridge. However, the best treat was the bathroom, which featured a tub.

This hotel is solid, but needs to do some work in order to earn the "premier" title.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose The Court based on location & price and was shocked with the amazing room I was given. Front desk attendant Daniel joked (I thought) that he had the best hotel room in NYC for me and to my amazement he was right! Living room, full kitchen, 1.5 bathrooms, outdoor space. There's probably only one such room in the hotel but if you can get it you'll have a great night ahead of you. I only wish I was in town for more than one night as it already seems like a mirage...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!