“Great customer service and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel

You added The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel to your Saves list
The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130 East 39th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #261 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Del Mar, California
“Great customer service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The staff made a great impression on me when I first checked in. Very nice and very helpful. They upgraded my room for free when I told them I was in city to surprise my girlfriend after a deployment overseas. The room was incredible and bigger than most apartments I've been in. I couldn't have asked for more and the price was more than reasonable. Overall a great experience and I will specifically try to stay here on upcoming visits to NYC. There was some construction and there was some noise, as noted by jdr27 in his review, but that's New York City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at the St Giles Court for only one night and two days in New York after visiting friends in New Jersey State. I thought that I'd take in some of the amazing sights in Manhattan.
The Internet price that I got was good but it was the location that decided it for me. Just a couple of blocks South of Grand Central Terminal.
The room was compact but very comfortable with all that I could ask for by way of amenities. A really nice bathroom and shower was all that I hope for.
I enjoyed a really comfortable night's sleep - no problems with noise of any sorts and the staff were very courteous and friendly; I was glad that I chose this hotel and it served as a great base to explore Manhattan from. I did not eat n, but why would you want to with so many great places to eat a short walk, close by.
Maybe I was lucky, but I had a great stay in a nice, clean, well-appointed room; I'd recommend it on location alone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Ithaca, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

at check in they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a suite, it was great! so much space, maybe even too much for just two of us... haha i'm not complaining! the room was clean, pretty simple decor perhaps doesn't look as luxurious as some other hotel rooms. The bathroom was rather small for such a big suite, it was clean and simple, love the philosophy products! Location of the hotel is okay, pretty quite part of town, walking distance to grand central. The staff are helpful and friendly :) and the bar was full of people at night!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington, VT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Absolutely one of the worst hotel stays in recent memory. Drab, run down room on third floor directly over Lexington Avenue which most rooms face. Zero noise insulation or double glazed windows making it the single loudest hotel room in recent memory. Cars, buses, sirens, construction, all day and all night. I might as well have had the bed on the street itself. A single cheap vinyl shade covered the window providing no insulation either. No fewer than six attempts to change rooms were denied by the hotel, despite my asking for a quiet room at check in. This property is a complete dump as there is peeling plaster and filth everywhere. Four stars it isn't. More like a three star. Only positives were free wifi and a helpful door/bell staff. Won't return anytime soon if at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Northeast US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Our stay started out badly due to an unforeseen flood in the bathroom in the middle of the night -- not the hotel's fault: a guest above us left their water running... Pretty awful mess.

The hotel staff, and especially Mr. Chris Swaim in Guest Services, were exceptionally courteous and accommodating, and did everything possible to make up for the horrible start of our stay. Their efforts are greatly appreciated.

The hotel itself is in a very convenient location, the rooms are spacious by any standards, and this is def. a place we would use again for a future stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Took my daugther for her 21st birthday. Room was huge for New York. It had 2 sitting areas and the bed was so inviting it was hard to get out of. The shower head was so great I came home and bought one. Great part of town and felt very safe and welcome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel had just been taken over from previous management, and the transition appeared rocky. As we arrived early, my first impression was of the cafe, which was a strange honor bar system showcasing convenience store/ deli food. When our room WAS ready, though, it did not disappoint. We had a sizable room and a really nice view. While we weren't in NYC to spend time in the room, it was everything we needed, and it was within walking distance to anything we required. Other than a strange first impression, the only real hassle was presented at check out. Somehow the hotel charged my credit card FIVE times, plus the room deposit. It maxed the card that I intended to rent a car with on the next leg of our trip (in another east coast city). The hotel was able to work it our by calling my bank, but it took several hours to straighten out.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Court - A St Giles Premier Hotel? Share your experiences!