“Most efficiently designed room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Herald Square New York

You added Hyatt Herald Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Herald Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-32 West 31st Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #248 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Most efficiently designed room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Brand new hotel, excellent location, fantastic staff. The rooms are small BUT they are designed thoughtfully and beautifully. Perfect hotel for business trip. Brand new hotel, excellent location, fantastic staff. The rooms are small BUT they are designed thoughtfully and beautifully. Perfect hotel for business trip.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Joseph T, General Manager at Hyatt Herald Square New York, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi Zaydoon,

Thanks for mentioning how efficiently designed our hotel is , and how we are the perfect hotel for business trips. With our new improved all HDTV television channels and free WiFi, I think we have the perfect compliment for every business traveler.

We look forward to many more visits.

Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again the Hyatt helped us out of a hole, we mixed up Wed 25th March with Wed 25th Feb, but they handled the problem in a very efficient and friendly way, a big thanks to Sang who solved the problem. The hotel is perfectly positioned to arrive and explore New York, close to Penn Station and to the theatres in Times Sq. comfortable rooms with a good breakfast, close to the start of the Big Bus tour stop who did the rest. Thanks again John & Jenny Gillespie

Room Tip: Rooms at front have a view of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
John G,

I am so excited that we turned a potentially bad visit to New York into a great one. Thanks for your mentions of Sang, I can't wait to share this review with him and other members of the the team!

We look forward to many more memorable moments at the Hyatt Herald Square.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the moment we stepped through the front door until the time of check out I had nothing but exceptional service! They checked us in early, gave us a later check out time without having to beg for one. The room was super clean! Great location too! There was a small mishap worth some Oatmeal I requested be heated up (some I brought from home and she offered to have one of their employees come get it and heat it up in their break room microwave ) and the girl at the desk could not stop apologizing, posted me anything I wanted on the room service menu free of charge.. Every single person I encountered was so thoughtful and caring, so eager to help. I will most definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Lauren,

Your review is music to my ears as this shows me what a great team we have at the Hyatt Herald Square. I am happy that the service you received was outstanding. We will continually improve as time passes and I hope that you will return to witness even more amazing service.

Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a loyal Hyatt guest, this property was unfortunately a real dud. Reception was chaos and the well meaning staff, while pleasant, was challenged at the peak early evening check-in time and having some computer problems. The room could not have been more than 220 sf; no desk just a ledge with an ottoman. Burned out lightbulbs in an already dark room. And all for $380 a night. Loved the 8:15 am housekeeping knock when I am a one night stay and check out isn't until noon. The best part of this hotel was the super-cool roof deck with a great view of the empire state building and nice comfy outdoor furniture. But that's about the only positive thing I'll say. Hyatt can and should do better.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
We are so sorry about your experience at our hotel. We use all reviews as a learning experience to make us better for future guests. Your comments will be shared with my team and I will personally ensure we will be better.

For future stays, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly, so we can show you how great we can be. I can be reached at joseph.turano@hyatt.com.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The entrance and lobby was very uniquely styled, with old typewriters, retro chairs and couches, and the reception desk was decorated with stacks of old newspapers. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was small (but not smaller than expected) and had a lot of storage and armoirs -- very handy when there are 3 people sharing a room! The washroom was beautiful and filled with enough towels and accessories (including tooth paste!). The location can't be beat for the price -- just two blocks from the Empire State building. I can't say anything negative about the place, the price was also great for the location. Best part, despite being very central, it was quiet at night and we had no trouble sleeping.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for such an amazing 5 star review of our hotel! We are so glad that you enjoyed the fine detail and retro furnishings that you mentioned. The best part is you can not find anything wrong with your stay.

We look forward to many more future visits to the Hyatt Herald Square.

Sao Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Cool Decoration, very modern and comfortable hotel. Friendly staff. Nice option when you visit NY. Good security also. Breakfast is more Starbucks style. It could have more options like a buffet but the service is very good.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Ashley M, Manager at Hyatt Herald Square New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Angelica D,

Thank you for your lovely review - we love our décor as well and are thrilled that you enjoyed it! We will absolutely take your suggestions into consideration at our restaurant and hope you will return to see our continued improvements!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my daughter to NYC for her 18th birthday as it is her favourite city. Normally we would stay with friends but for this occasion I wanted something central and special. The hotel met all of our expectations with a stunning view of the Empire State Building out of our window (I had asked for a high floor). What sets it apart are the staff. There was no request that was too much for them to fulfil from Zoe who checked us in to the lovely man who escorted us down to Fifth Avenue and found us a cab when 31st St was too congested. Hannah served us for the birthday brunch and Elisha found us more coffee for the room. Each person there was genuinely kind and warm; it wasn't some performance borne out of a customer service training.It makes a big difference in NYC which can feel very busy and sometimes overwhelming.

My one regret is that I booked on Booking.com so my trip did not contribute to my Hyatt Gold Passport and I didn't know that Hyatt matches rates and offers a 20% discount to its gold passport holders. Next time I will book with Hyatt directly!

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valmonti07,

What detailed commentary - thank you! We are so happy we got to be a part of such a special trip for your daughter and enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your kind words about your experience and our staff - we sincerely appreciate it and can't wait to see you again for your daughter's next birthday!

Been to Hyatt Herald Square New York? Share your experiences!