“Great room for a great rate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Herald Square New York

You added Hyatt Herald Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Herald Square New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-32 West 31st Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Formerly Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street) (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #283 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Salisbury, Connecticut
“Great room for a great rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This well appointed little hotel is perfect for a pleasant stay in the city and won't break the bank. The lobby was hip and inviting, the staff warm and helpful and the location was central enough. The rooms were smartly designed and very nice beds, room for everything and spectacular view of the Empire State building right out the window.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Empire State building.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Ashley M, Manager at Hyatt Herald Square New York, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear WanderlustJL,

Thank you! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We hope you will continue to stay with us on all of your trips to NYC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hyatt Herald Square is wonderful on all aspects. From incredibly thought out design (fashionista's will love all the details) to the size of the room and service, I have only great things to say about this place. That is not to mention, my view of the Empire State Building that was practically right outside my window. The bar Up on 20 (closed right now due to weather, but they allow guests to go out and see the views still) views are a must see, and such a cute space as well. Rooms were big for NYC hotel rooms, and food was great (get the cauliflower soup), and the staff was extremely nice, attentive, and helpful with any questions I had. Shopping, restaurants, and a true NYC experience literally steps from the door.

HIGHLY SUGGEST this hotel!

Room Tip: Go for the View Room-amazing views of empire state building
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Ashley M, Manager at Hyatt Herald Square New York, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Kerry E,

Thank you! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all of your kind words! We hope you will come back in the warmer weather to enjoy the amazing views Up On 20 has to offer!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for one night (total of 8 people.) The rooms are pretty small but recently renovated, nice and clean. The staff was always attentive and friendly. All of us stayed on the same floor that was really cool. Will definitely recommended Hyatt Herald Square New York hotel to my friends and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Elena P,

What a fun night out! We are so happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay and your trip to the city! We hope we will be able to see you again soon!
Denver, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for business. When I checked in Elisha provided excellent service. She even brought me a latte to my room. The food in the hotel was really good. Generally food in hotels is so-so, but it was great and the service was really good too. Rooms are a little small, but most are in NYC. Great location as well. Many things are in walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Gina K,

Thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to share such a lovely review - especially in regards to our wonderful kitchen staff! We hope you are able to return to try our new menus in the future!
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Super hotel, very clean, modern and the staff are always very curtious and can't do enough for you. A very good location. Only 10 minutes walk from Times Square and close to the Empire States building. I'd definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2015
Ashley M, Manager at Hyatt Herald Square New York, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Debz42,

What a lovely review! We are delighted to read of your experience and appreciate you sharing your thoughts! We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon!
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This new hotel is conveniently located for Penn Station, Macy's Herald Square and the Empire State Building. It has been shoehorned on to a very small plot, so there are only eight rooms on each floor and the rooms are small. Our room was a masterpiece of ingenious design to provide all of the facilities expected within a small footprint. A tall thin cupboard housed the ironing board, opening a cupboard high up by the bed revealed a refrigerator and the coffee maker was in an adjacent cupboard. All very well thought out, but what hadn't been designed in to the room was luggage storage. A small two seat settee in front of the window was enough for our larger case, but the other had to rest precariously on the small side table attached to the settee. As expected in a new hotel, there were plenty of power outlets in the room, good WiFi service and a large TV. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar was closed for the winter, but we followed advice from staff to go up there for a superb view of the Empire State Building. We had a very good light evening meal at the bar and an excellent breakfast in the morning, although my wife was disappointed that her first choice of breakfast turned out to be unavailable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike-Bucks,

What lovely commentary! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our property with the Trip Advisor community. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely appreciate your kind words! We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon - safe travels!
New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Before my trip to New York, I called Hyatt's customer service many times before getting there to make sure we would be paying afterwards. Every time I called, the rep kept saying I don’t have to worry about paying until we check out. When we arrived to the hotel, we checked in and I told the guy at the front desk we were paying in cash the last day when we check out. He said okay and proceeded to give us our room key. I went on my bank account to check my Uber charge and I saw that $2,000.00 was debited from my account from Hyatt!! I was furious and immediately went downstairs to talk to the guy. This charge was taken off of my available balance so I could not use it at all.. That was a huge inconvenience to me because I saved all that money for this trip and when my account was hit with that charge, I was unable to use funds. Also, $600.00 ($100.00 per night security hold) was also taken from my available balance as well.. Without notice. My trip started off bad and there was nothing the hotel could do to make anything better. I will not be staying here again. In the future, you should just tell the customer to pay when they get there and also advise that there is a $100.00 hold per night for security.. Being hit with a $2,000.00 charge is horrible, especially after I took out cash to pay for the room and I even mentioned it 3 times to the rep we were paying in CASH. Hyatt needs to improve on training and communication skills because what happened was unexpected and it ruined my trip to New York.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Thavina O,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our property. I am sincerely disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and apologize that the information was not conveyed to you more clearly - the importance of this has been made very clear to our entire staff. If there is anything I can do to assist in ensuring that your monies are returned to you in a faster fashion, please do not hesitate to contact me at Ashley.Mahon@Hyatt.com so that I can reach out to the bank on your behalf. Again, I sincerely apologize that the policy was not clearly explained and hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future so that we can improve upon your impression.

Been to Hyatt Herald Square New York? Share your experiences!