“Great Holiday Inn!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 451 hotels in New York City
VALDOSTA, United States
“Great Holiday Inn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a wonderful hidden property on 31st street about 20 blocks from Broadway and Times Square, two blocks from Madison Square Garden. Each floor has 4 guest rooms. Our room in 903 has two double beds, a flat screen TV, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The bathroom was lovely with a modern sink and glass shower. Joe at the front desk was very accommodating and kind. I will definitely chose this hotel for my next stay in Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Joe M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Taryn H,

Thanks so much for the review you wrote about our hotel. Joe is a great asset to our hotel, and I will make sure to show him your kind words.

Thanks again, and we hope to be your hosts again here in NYC.

Joseph Mojica
GM

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Joe at the front desk was wonderful! It was my sister & I's first trip to the Big Apple and he offered great advice on eateries, sites to see and directions there! Beds were very comfortable and rooms were clean.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Exton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

A fantastic location, within walking distance of Penn Station where we came in by Amtrak. Courteous and available staff, flexible and helpful.
Ok, the room was small. If you are looking for a room to lounge around all day, this is not the place for that. But, if you are coming to New York to see the sites and you're looking for a nice place to spend nights, then this is just fine. The room was small, but very nicely done. Clean, efficient, nicely appointed. Bathroom was outstanding. Big comfortable bed. We got a very good price on Expedia.
After we checked out the staff allowed up to keep our luggage there while we went on a tour; that was a very helpful thing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rural Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed in this place with the family for just under a week, and really enjoyed it. VERY friendly staff at front desk, breakfast area and maintenance (one night, a minor airco issue was very quickly resolved) and cannot fault the place at all. Hope to return.

As you'd expect in this location, rooms are on the small side; however they are efficiently laid out so it did not feel 'cramped' to us.

One (minor) issue, however. Pre-booked and pre-paid this place through IHG (Holiday Inn) website and agreed a rate. When I checked my credit card statement (a few weeks later), a different (higher) amount had been charged. It took a few e-mails (and calls to IHG guest relations) for this to be rectified. At check-out, a variation of the same happened; we were presented a total amount that was higher than expected. Unfortunately, the invoice could not be printed (technical issues), so they promised to e-mail it right away. Did not come. Back home, we re-investigated the whole thing, went through IHG Guest services and got a refund (fairly quickly). Both times, the billing correction was dealt with pleasantly and swiftly, but it's disappointing that billing mistakes occurred twice for one stay.

Room Tip: Higher up obviously cuts down on road noise and you can get a nice view of the Empire State Building...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
syracuse ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

A one night business trip brought me to NYC, and this hotel was closest to where I had to be. I stayed in a king room which came to $300 after taxes. The room was clean and NYC small, but functional for my needs. I used the desk for a work assignment, and lighting and seating were both good. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was shower stall only, but well designed. A nice touch: a hair dryer located on the bathroom wall that featured a small lighted handle. That handle doubles as a nightlight for the bathroom. The neighborhood were this hotel is located on 31st is somewhat industrial, but within easy walking distance of all the major attractions and shopping. The staff was efficient and busy. I called for cab, and they booked a town car, which worked fine. I was able to print a boarding pass in the business center located below the lobby. All in all, a nice place to stay with a great location and good staff. One other note: This hotel is located a block away from Koreantown, with a good number of restaurants. I highly recommend Mangoo Bar for the fried dumplings. This place is around the corner. I got takeout and was sad that I couldn't finish it all.

Room Tip: I booked with AAA rate. Didn't need to show my card. My room faced a brick wall.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Overall, my visit to this hotel was a good one. The only downside was a less than happy staff when I checked in. Otherwise, the rest of the staff, and facilities were great for my stay here on a business trip. It's within a few blocks of the subway, and was easy to get anywhere in the city. The room did not feel cramped, but then again I knew to expect NYC hotel rooms to be a bit more on the smaller side. The bed was very comfortable, and I would look to stay here again next time I'm in town. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I found this Holiday Inn to be an average hotel. It was clean and centrally located. The brightest spot was that the Front Desk staff was fantastic - friendly and accommodating with any requests or questions. The hotel restaurant and room service were so-so. The rooms aren't designed for efficiency - there is no room on bathroom vanities, etc and the lighting isn't high enough. This stay wasn't an unpleasant experience and I'd be happy to stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Saxtell,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into so our team can take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street? Share your experiences!