“Friendly Helpful Staff & Clean Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Herald Square New York

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Herald Square New York to your Saves list
Hyatt Herald Square New York
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-32 West 31st Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Formerly Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street) (Manhattan)   |
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Friendly Helpful Staff & Clean Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Joe at the front desk was wonderful! It was my sister & I's first trip to the Big Apple and he offered great advice on eateries, sites to see and directions there! Beds were very comfortable and rooms were clean.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Exton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

A fantastic location, within walking distance of Penn Station where we came in by Amtrak. Courteous and available staff, flexible and helpful.
Ok, the room was small. If you are looking for a room to lounge around all day, this is not the place for that. But, if you are coming to New York to see the sites and you're looking for a nice place to spend nights, then this is just fine. The room was small, but very nicely done. Clean, efficient, nicely appointed. Bathroom was outstanding. Big comfortable bed. We got a very good price on Expedia.
After we checked out the staff allowed up to keep our luggage there while we went on a tour; that was a very helpful thing!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rural Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed in this place with the family for just under a week, and really enjoyed it. VERY friendly staff at front desk, breakfast area and maintenance (one night, a minor airco issue was very quickly resolved) and cannot fault the place at all. Hope to return.

As you'd expect in this location, rooms are on the small side; however they are efficiently laid out so it did not feel 'cramped' to us.

One (minor) issue, however. Pre-booked and pre-paid this place through IHG (Holiday Inn) website and agreed a rate. When I checked my credit card statement (a few weeks later), a different (higher) amount had been charged. It took a few e-mails (and calls to IHG guest relations) for this to be rectified. At check-out, a variation of the same happened; we were presented a total amount that was higher than expected. Unfortunately, the invoice could not be printed (technical issues), so they promised to e-mail it right away. Did not come. Back home, we re-investigated the whole thing, went through IHG Guest services and got a refund (fairly quickly). Both times, the billing correction was dealt with pleasantly and swiftly, but it's disappointing that billing mistakes occurred twice for one stay.

Room Tip: Higher up obviously cuts down on road noise and you can get a nice view of the Empire State Building...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
syracuse ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

A one night business trip brought me to NYC, and this hotel was closest to where I had to be. I stayed in a king room which came to $300 after taxes. The room was clean and NYC small, but functional for my needs. I used the desk for a work assignment, and lighting and seating were both good. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was shower stall only, but well designed. A nice touch: a hair dryer located on the bathroom wall that featured a small lighted handle. That handle doubles as a nightlight for the bathroom. The neighborhood were this hotel is located on 31st is somewhat industrial, but within easy walking distance of all the major attractions and shopping. The staff was efficient and busy. I called for cab, and they booked a town car, which worked fine. I was able to print a boarding pass in the business center located below the lobby. All in all, a nice place to stay with a great location and good staff. One other note: This hotel is located a block away from Koreantown, with a good number of restaurants. I highly recommend Mangoo Bar for the fried dumplings. This place is around the corner. I got takeout and was sad that I couldn't finish it all.

Room Tip: I booked with AAA rate. Didn't need to show my card. My room faced a brick wall.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Overall, my visit to this hotel was a good one. The only downside was a less than happy staff when I checked in. Otherwise, the rest of the staff, and facilities were great for my stay here on a business trip. It's within a few blocks of the subway, and was easy to get anywhere in the city. The room did not feel cramped, but then again I knew to expect NYC hotel rooms to be a bit more on the smaller side. The bed was very comfortable, and I would look to stay here again next time I'm in town. :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I found this Holiday Inn to be an average hotel. It was clean and centrally located. The brightest spot was that the Front Desk staff was fantastic - friendly and accommodating with any requests or questions. The hotel restaurant and room service were so-so. The rooms aren't designed for efficiency - there is no room on bathroom vanities, etc and the lighting isn't high enough. This stay wasn't an unpleasant experience and I'd be happy to stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Herald Square New York, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Saxtell,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our property. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We apologize we were not able to exceed your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that these will be looked into so our team can take actions accordingly.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Having been to NYC in the past I have to say that this was the cleanest, tidiest and best location of a holiday inn that I've stayed in. Right next to the Empire State Building which is great for going up early before a huge queue forms! Lovely rooms, spacious and such a comfortable bed! Room was bigger than anticipated and the bathrooms are so well presented.
Helpful front of house staff, especially the girl on reception who booked us a limo to take us from the hotel to mystic for a wedding! We defo arrived in style!
Also a big thank you to Rosanna?? The manager of the house keepers who went out of her way to track down a present that had been thrown out by mistake, it really meant a lot that she kept looking for it.
We had a fantastic time in nyc once again a synths hotel certainly added to the fantastic experience.

Free wifi in hotel and rooms too, perfect for uploading pics :)

Can't wait to visit again

Highly recommended by myself and the five other people in our party

Only thing we were disappointed with was that the roof top bar wasn't open when we were there, but in a City of bars we tried 230 fifth instead with an amazing view of the Empire State Building!

I'd return though, 100 %

Room Tip: Ask for a high room ending In a 6 to get a slightly bigger room and a view of the Empire State Build...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Herald Square New York? Share your experiences!