“Clean, Cute, and Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #138 of 449 hotels in New York City
“Clean, Cute, and Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel far surpassed my expectations. Apart from upholding the basic standards of cleanliness and friendliness, the staff was incredibly helpful in terms of sight-seeing and restaurant suggestions. Alex gave us fantastic ideas regarding what to do with our time here in the City and truly represented a standard of excellent customer service for the Holiday Inn. In addition to the staff, the room was very chic in its design, with a great shower and excellent view of the Empire State Building. For those of us looking for a relaxing cocktail, the rooftop bar had spectacular views of north and south Manhattan. Regarding location, we found the subway to be easily accessible; for the times we needed taxis, it consistently took less than a minute to get taxis in front of the hotel on several occasions.

I've recommended the hotel to family and friends, and have already booked my next visit with them. Thank you to the Holiday Inn and staff for a great vacation accommodation!

-RZ

• Stayed June 2013
Joe M, Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear DocR6221,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your previous stay with us. It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the great location of our property to include our brand new roof top bar and visit some of the great attraction New York City has to offer.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words on my Front Office Manager, Alex. He is a leader within my team and I am happy to know he made your stay enjoyable. I will make sure to share your great comments with him.

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room had a good size for NY. They offer free WiFi in your room and anywhere in the hotel, free news paper, ice machine and business center. You get two selection of pillows (soft and firm), although I felt both equally puffy and soft (which I personally don't like). The beds are comfortable, the room is new and modern, same as the whole hotel.
About the location, it is the best I can think of. You are half block from 5th avenue and several low priced self service restaurants and bus stops. The 34th street subway station is two short blocks from the hotel and you can get anywhere from there. Also Penn Station is at a close walking distance.
The blackout curtains allow you to sleep well even during the day if you wish to. The room is well noise isolated.
Overall, a great hotel for your NY stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DanielTejada,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our great location! One of the many benefits to staying with us is not only that we are within walking distance to all of the attractions New York City has to offer.

There is plenty more to see, so we hope to see you again soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights May 30 - June 3. This was the second time we stayed here. The first was when Sandy (the hurricane) hit the NY area. That was an adventure as we were forced to stay three days beyond our original departure date. However, the staff treated us so well with concern, good service and humour that we knew we had to stay here again.

The location is great, 2 blocks to a subway station to anywhere, you can walk the Garment district and walk or cab to the Theater district. The rooms are small and tight, but for the price, quite fair and are spotlessly clean. The beds are comfortable and the windows must be double glazed because of the minimal street noise. The biggest problem we had was with the AC unit, our first night it did not function. A call to the front desk put a tech in our room in the morning and upon returning it was cranking out cold air. The compressor is loud and we had to cool the room at night them shut off the AC so we could sleep.

Other than that, the staff is well trained, professional, friendly and care about you comfort. Cathy and Alex at the front desk are great, the server in the restaurant was courteous and the tech and cleaning staff were corteous and helpful.

This is a well used property, but the owners are keeping the carpets clean, the furniture in good shape and the towels and bedding in great shape.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear map 46,

Welcome back and I am glad they are under better circumstances. It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the great location of our property this time and visit some of the great attraction New York City has to offer.

Please accept my apologies for the A/C you experienced, the issues have been resolved. I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words on my staff, Alex and Katie. I am very proud of them and I am glad to know they made your stay enjoyable. I will make sure to share your great comments with them.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently my girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a mini trip to New York City. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the look of the place and the view from our room was nothing short of amazing!! The staff were very nice and accommodating; we were able to check in early with no hassle. Being in midtown you're close to pretty much all the sites to see. We went to see a concert at the Mercury Lounge and were able to jump right on the subway to get the whole New York experience. On the last day our flight didn't leave until that evening, we were still able to check our bags in and see central park. Alex and the rest of the staff really put the icing on an already amazing cake. Great hotel to stay at if you are looking in the New York City!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe M, Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Andrew D,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the great location of our property. As you can see, one of the many benefits to staying with us is that we are within walking distance to all of the great attractions New York City has to offer as well as the great views from our guestrooms.

It's great to know the staff was accommodating and helpful so you could enjoy Central Park. There is plenty more to see and do in this great city so we hope to see you again soon!

Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Got a reasonable rate on the HI website for one of the most expensive weeks of the year, for reasons known only to the hotel industry. Nice sized room (for NY) which was very quiet even though in the midst of midtown. Excellent housekeeping and very friendly front desk staff. Only 8 rooms per floor, so not too much hallway activity. Very comfortable bed and plenty of electrical outlets for i-everything. The only ice machine is in the basement, but that's a minor inconvenience. I'd definitely stay here again - incredibly easy walks to subway, bus and Penn Station. The neighborhood is far from glamorous, but it's sure convenient and seems safe.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the back to avoid street noise or on the front for a possible view of the Empire Sta...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear MEGA TRAVELER,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your previous stay with us. It’s great to hear that you were able to enjoy the great location of our property and visit some of the great attraction New York City has to offer.

I also wanted to take a moment to thank you for your kind words on the Housekeeping and Front Office staff. I am very proud of my team and I am happy to know they made your stay enjoyable. I will make sure to share your great comments with them.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and the staff were nice and accommodating letting us drop off our luggage way before checking in. The subway to go uptown is conveniently 2 blocks away. The rooms are a little small but very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed our stay here and would definitely book here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Joe M, Manager at Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Travelmom255,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the great location of our property. As you can see, one of the many benefits to staying with us is that we are within walking distance to all of the great attractions New York City has to offer.

I am happy to hear the staff was accommodating and helpful. There is plenty more to see and do in this great city so we hope to see you again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

For those who pick hotels for their amenities - I'd think twice about this hotel. Below are just a few of what I am going through - they need a new manager! And they need it today!

I travel 5 days a week and stay in hotels all over the world. I have to say this is the worst run hotel I've ever stayed in, without comparison. Although the property is actually nice...clean, new and enjoyable as a hotel. But someone else should run this hotel...a professional. Clearly, this hotel has problems!

Bar in Restaurant - - although they had wine & spirits on the menu - - and a bar with taps -- they couldn't serve anyone because they opened the rooftop bar and moved their license upstairs and didn't get it to cover their restaurant! Amazingly poor management decision!

Rooftop Lounge - - only open in good weather! With NO bar in the entire hotel, you'd think they'd use tarps, umbrellas or at least something so they don't loose all of their profit when it rains! Amazingly poor management decision!

Room Service - - I called down for room service. They said they don't have anything that's in the binder! I have to come downstairs to place the order because they changed the menu and didn't change the room-binders! Amazingly poor management decision! To add an insult - - they only take cash!

I wonder what else I will encounter on this two day stay...but I don't wonder where I will stay next time I visit NYC - a different hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jerry M,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of service you experienced. Please feel free contact me so I may discuss these concerns with you in depth.

I look forward to speaking to you.

Hotel Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street? Share your experiences!