I needed to find a hotel in this south-Midtown location and the Holiday Inn seemed to fit the bill. Here's the info:
1) It seems to be a relatively new facility with a small but clean lobby. The folks working the two desks were professional, friendly and helpful - just what you'd expect.
2) Each floor has a small footprint with a limited number of rooms. The elevators are quick with little delay.
3) The rooms are VERY quiet. Absolutely no city noise whatsoever - probably because 31st is quiet at night.
4) Midway between multiple different subway stops - very well located if you're planning on using public transportation.
5) The rooms are clean, small (but hey, it's New York) and well appointed. Everything works and the room has an efficient design. Plenty of power outlets, reading lights and - ok don't be shocked here - possibly the most comfortable bed I've slept on in a hotel in years - and I usually stay at "high end" establishments. Great mattress and pillows!
6) The bathrooms are very small with very limited counter space. My wife would have had a big problem with the layout and it would hard to manage with more than one person's property. They need to add additional shelving because there is virtually no space surrounding the large modern sink sitting on a very small pedestal stand.
7) The shower was smallish but clean. The adjustable showerhead worked - however the towels were typical of Holiday Inn ie a bit thin and definitely not of the quality you'd find at a better locale.
So in the end, it's 4 stars instead of 3 because of the terrific bed, a nice quiet room, wireless internet that actually worked and was free - the major downside being the small bathroom and the NYC cost.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street Hotel
- Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Holiday Inn Hotel on West 31st Street is located between Broadway and 5th Avenue right in the heart of the business and shopping districts of NYC. Our hotel features all high-end finishes and a modern decor. Complimentary High Speed Internet Access and weekday morning newspaper await you as our guest. Come join us in Cuisines Restaurant open daily for Breakfast and Dinner. Macy's flagship store and the Mall of Manhattan are just around the corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Midtown West 31st Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.