“Had a very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save More!
Ranked #107 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Had a very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for two nights after moving from another hotel which was also operated by Club Quarters.
We're a group from Canada and i was very pleased with the service.
The free laundry and the living room area were very nice and a perfect place to unwind after walking around the city. Although the dryer was busted, they let me use the house keeping dryer, in which I hope they replace because it is a little worn out and would really benefit the workers if they get a new dryer. All in all i would like to thank IRIS at the reception because she was very thoughtful and knowledgeable about the area. im sorry that i forgot her last name, but we were there around March 12-14. will come back again :D

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Greek first
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I were not sure what we were getting into, but we were more than pleased after our stay. There was construction going on outside, but this is the norm for New York City. Everywhere you go this is happening. It is a boutique hotel with simply a lobby on the first level, but it does have a warm welcoming lounge on the second floor for you to use. Our room was small but totally functional. The decor was modern, and had everything you would need. The staff was terrific. We were especially pleased with the daytime front desk people. The location is excellent for shopping, eating, and sight-seeing. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms on the tenth floor have balconies.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We chose well on our 1st visit to the Big Apple. The entrance is unassuming and lobby is very small so don't expect the lap of luxury. Immediate props to Iris at the desk who was extremely helpful and cheerful in every way, a fine lady. The rooms aren't large, literally no wasted space, but fine for us since we weren't there much. The mattresses were too firm for our taste but I thought the chair bed was softer and just fine for me since my ladies got the bed (too bad for them) :) The coffee lounge was well-used since it was cold in march and we needed a warm-up after getting back from a walk. The purified water with bottles was a very nice perk also. Times Square, 2 subway stations, 5th ave. shopping, a multitude of restaurants all w/in walking distance, < 1 mile. Most theatres are a bit farther but w/in 1-1.5 miles. We didn't mind walking a fair mile and temp was 30s-40s a lot. Rockefeller Center is across the street and Central Park w/in walking distance. The subway can take you basically anywhere in Manhattan and beyond. We thought Ceci (Italian), Sangria 46 (tapas), Bill's burgers (sportsbar across the street) were all very good. I'd get to the TKTS theatre discount booth ~15 min. before it opens b/c a line will be forming. I waited ~30 min. both times I went, may be longer in nice weather. I paid $90/ticket for Les Mis and Phantom, may be cheaper elsewhere. The Jewel will be high on our list next time we visit. A GREAT choice for our 1st visit--ENJOY!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My mother, aunt, and cousins stayed here this past weekend to celebrate my cousin’s birthday in New York City. My aunt found a great deal for a two bedroom suite for $385 on Groupon and we were all excited about staying here after looking at the pictures online and reading the reviews.

Unfortunately, our stay wasn’t as great as we were hoping due to extremely poor service from the hotel staff. When we arrived we confirmed our check in was for a two bedroom suite, got our keys and went to our room; which happened to be a one room king. We returned to the lobby to discuss the error and were compensated with two separate rooms (though on the same floor) after being told that it was a Groupon error in how they made the reservations. We contacted Groupon and they did indeed confirm the reservation was made correctly for a two bedroom suite.

With this new information we again returned to the front desk and the lady told us she would be with us in a moment as she was busy multitasking. During this time her lunch was delivered, she promptly paid the delivery guy, grabbed her lunch and left without as much as an “I’m sorry, I’ll be right back” or “Someone will be able to assist you”. We addressed our new concerns with a gentleman at the front desk who did get a manager to assist us. To our surprise we were told the previous lady was not authorized to compensate us with a future stay as she promised nor that anything could be done as at this point in time all 2 bedroom suites were booked. We were not told once prior that any of the two bedroom suites were all occupied, only that it was a Groupon error which in reality it was not. We were then offered $75 cash and free breakfast coupons which turned out to only be for the continental breakfast and not the hot breakfast, we had to pay extra for our “comp” breakfast. Information was not shared by the hotel staff and it led to a completely horrible experience. Our compensation for this birthday weekend was minimum and subpar based on the expectations of this hotel and previous reviews of wonderful staff and service.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at the jewel for a three day weekend in March. It was very nice and very accommodating. My husband and I were both overly pleased with how exceptionally nice the staff was. Iris, who was a staff member working at the front desk was always willing to help with anything that we needed. She really seemed to care about each and everyone's stay as they walk through the door. She always smiled at us and greeted us when we walked in and as we left. I would definitely stay here again. The location is absolutely perfect.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
sanjeev r, General Manager at The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Jewel. I appreciate you staying with us and recognizing Iris’s efforts . I will be certain to share your comments with her. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come see us again soon.
Indianapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Perfect Location. Small room but perfectly laid out so everything you need is there. Nice lounge on second floor. Hip but not pretentious Fitness center is minimal, no treadmill. Friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't think I can say enough nice things. All the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. The room was immaculate. There is bottled water by the elevators. The location is terrific. There are all kinds of amenities, if you request them, like a kit with a sleep mask and aromatherapy. Sure, the room was small, but they have creatively fit everything in so that we didn't feel cramped. I was really happy with the price, and then was thrilled when I saw what I got for it!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center? Share your experiences!