“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

My return trip in 2014 was wonderful. This time, my room had a side window facing St Patricks Cathedral, plus a balcony like before. What a bonus thrill. Through emails & phone calls from corporate office, I was reassured my requests would be taken care of. This trip will not be my last. Each day the staff greeted me with a smile upon returning to my room. This hotel is a Jewel. My trip was all I hoped for.
Paula Tindall

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Booked this property day of as a last minute getaway to the city. Our room was on the second floor facing the adjacent building. The view was nothing to write home about, but it was quiet all night. Check in was easy and a $50 hold was placed on my debit card. It seemed the room we had was an ADA room. The shower when used flooded the bathroom floor, nothing a few towels couldn't take care of. The room was very sizable for NYC. We loved the location, close to times square. The Jewel is right on the steps of Rockefeller Center and 5th Ave shopping.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Jewel

Recently visited this hotel while attending the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show with a small group of friends. We were all SO PLEASED with this hotel and the lovely staff. I can’t say enough nice things about the hotel staff, front desk personnel, and night managers. Always ready with a friendly smile and helpful with every request. They truly made a difference to our experience both in the city and at the hotel.

The hotel is very nice; updated, clean, modern and very comfortable. The rooms are huge by NYC standards. Anyone who’s barely been able to walk around their bed in a typical NY hotel room will appreciate the size of these rooms in comparison. Not large by Midwest standards, but for NY they are good sized rooms. The furnishings and finishes are fresh and clean and very pleasant. This is not a boutique hotel, but very comfortable, clean, friendly and an extremely good value for New York.

If you book the Jewel, please ask to be assigned a room in the smaller of their towers. That is called The Jewel. The sister tower is called Club Quarters and it is a bit more tattered and in need of a make over. While the staff is still extremely accommodating, the furnishings, finishes and public areas are a bit worn. Once Club Quarters gets a make over (PLEASE do it soon!) I expect it would be every bit as nice as The Jewel. If we stay here again, it will only be at the Jewel itself and not the sister tower.

I would most definitely stay at the Jewel again!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i stayed at the hotel from 3/17 - 3/22
i want to say big big thank you to the amazing staff specially to Erika and Iris
they did everything that my dad and I will be happy and will feel like home
nice room great location highly recommended
i will definitely stay there again!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Trinidad
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great location and facilities. The management however leaves a lot to be desired. I booked a queen sized bed at the Jewel arriving at 5pm for check-in. I was met with the typical " there is a problem with your reservation", I was then transferred to the Club Quarters Hotel a few doors down with no explanation. Never mind I was given no assistance with my suitcase in the -9 degree weather. On arrival at the Club Quarters I was told my bed may or may not be ready for another 1.5 hours. Needless to say there were several irate customers with similar problems. On arrival at my room at 7pm I was met with a double bed despite my booking a queen and despite repeated attempts for two towels ( room was booked for two ) I never got them. Such a pity that poor service could ruin a wonderful location.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
sanjeev r, General Manager at The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Avi,

I would like to thank you for choosing The Jewel for your stay in New York. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.

We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our team, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I was truly disappointed to hear about the inconvenience that occurred during your check-in process and have addressed with the team. I assure you that this is not the normal at our hotel and these situations should not have happened.

I thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and hope you will give us the opporunity to welcome you back and show you how much we truly value your stay with us.

Warm Regards,
Sanj Rai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was small, but the service and location were huge!! Great staff! Very kind and helpful! We would definitely stay here again. The location of the hotel is also a big plus. If you want a quiet, clean, centrally located hotel in NYC this is the place!

Stayed February 2015
sanjeev r, Manager at The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jamietall,

Thank you for staying with The Jewel and for your thoughtful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear our staff was helpful during your stay.
We'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff and look forward to welcoming you back to The Jewel facing Rockefeller Center in the near future!

Warm Regards,
Sanj Rai
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Small rooms but brilliantly laid out, very ergonomic, efficient and clean. Everything about the room is built for the size - thermostat by bed, cleanex by bed. Filtered water on the floor with water bottles was a great touch. Could check out late (3PM) for an extra $50. Right across from Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City Music hall on the same block, adjacent to 5th, Madison Avenue and Park Avenue. Subway (E) straight to to JFK Airtrain ($5 for JFK Airtrain) at 5th and 53rd, Hotel on 5th and 51st (5 minute walk to subway). Sister hotel next door with a nice lounge on the 7th floor. Can drop bags off early.
You couldn't ask for a better location.
Only negative, horrible reception with NBC, all other stations are fine (and across from NBC studios)

Room Tip: Ask to face Rockefeller Plaza, we had a back room that faced a vacant office building.