I have stayed in many hotels over my traveling experience. I did like the Jewel, but I was not thrilled with the price I paid for the room I got. Here are my Pros and Cons:
* The location is great that is for sure. It is across the street from Rockefeller Center and very close to Radio City Music Hall and Times Square.
* Free (included in your hotel cost) wifi in your room and on the second floor computer centre.
* Cool fresh bottled water stations on each floor that you can take as you explore the city.
*Fairly quite hotel when it comes to sleeping.
* The lobby is just weird. Not a big deal..... trying to act fashionable I think.
* Went in and out many times and not once did the person on the "front desk" say hi or even acknowledge me. Hotel business is the people business people.
* The rooms are small and even worse for my 360.00usd per night my view on the 3rd floor window was all of the air conditioners (room 303 is to be avoided). Of course the air conditioners ran all the time, but I got used to the noise and it was better then other NYC noises. I have to say that the room was clean, the bathroom used the space well and the shower was good. The bed mattress was very poor. Not a high quality comfortable sleep mattress. Felt more like a pull out mattress from a couch mattress ;(