“Pleasant stay, good price” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save More!
Ranked #103 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, DC
“Pleasant stay, good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The central location speaks for itself. The price, for this location, was excellent. The room was not huge: it was long, but narrow. But the decent length and the tasteful furnishings removed any feeling of smallness. It was really a very pleasant space to live in for a few days, and that's with a toddler running around every which way. We needed a replacement coffee pot and the staff were friendly, helpful, and quick in getting it. This hotel joins my short list of places I prefer to stay at when in NYC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Very small, but neat and clean. We just stayed overnight and had 1 small bag. I can't imagine where one would put anything if they were staying for a week. The bed was comfortable and our room was fairly quiet. The location was perfect. I would stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spent 3 days at The Jewel with my 6-year-old niece and 12-year-old nephew. The location couldn't be more convenient for my young visitors' first NYC trip. I followed Tripadvisor reviewer advise and paid a little extra for a front-facing room. When I arrived, I asked for either a corner room or one of the 11th floor rooms with a balcony. We stayed in room 602, which had a view across 51st to Rockefeller Center and a view of Radio City Music Hall down 51st looking west. The bathroom and room were pristinely clean. The king size bed and pillows were super comfortable. Some reveiwers mentioned street noise, but we didn't hear a thing on the 6th floor. As a matter of fact, the AC unit was much quieter than the past several hotels I've stayed in. And the thermostat is conveniently located above the nightstand. The room had an iHome clock/radio/iPod player/charger. There were numerous convenient outlets. We were also offered the 11th floor room, but opted for the corner room with the bigger bed. Each floor has a filtered water dispenser with to-go water bottles. Free wifi throughout. The 2nd floor lounge has a gas fireplace, newspapers, keurig coffee (with milk and half and half in the morning), and two PCs with a printer. The staff was super nice and really helped me select the right room. We arrived right at 2:00 for check in because I read so many reviews that cautioned against late check in. Probably good advice. They also have a pad of full color city maps that show street names, public transportation routes, etc. I would simply tear off the section we needed for each part of our day. There are plenty of places to get reasonably priced meals in the area, too. I booked through Priceline because I could not get the Jewel's own reservation system to work. I think the prices were the same (~$260/night). I will defnitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. Corner rooms are great. Avoid late check in.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was in town for a week for a work conference and ended up staying at The Jewel due to a great price on Travelocity. The location was amazing - Central to many midtown sights (Rock Center, Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, Central Park, Hell's Kitchen etc...). The hotel was modern and clean with extremely friendly service at the front desk. It was a happy surprise for my first visit to NYC and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The air conditioner - like many hotels was VERY loud. Through trial and error I found that I could...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We only had an overnight stay in Manhattan, on our way to Florida.
We chose this hotel because we wanted a central location. We had a standard room with a view of St. Patrick's cathedral. The room was very nice, clean and well presented. It was quite small but adequate for our overnight stay. We found the staff friendly and helpful.
We grabbed breakfast at City 75, a few steps away, which was very good and great value.
We would definately stay at this hotel again, possibly upgrading to a room slightly bigger with a balcony.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms with a balcony - we requested one but there were none available.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Just stayed their last weekend, the hotel really close to radio city,on the corner. Is just 5 th avenue, very friendly staff, we came really early around 9 am, they have a 2nd floor where you can stay while waiting for your rm, they have coffee and Internet ,& for a$35 fee you can actually do an early check in which we did since we were really tired. The room was clean, small but then it's new York, overall I will come back & stay here again .The reason I'm giving this a 4 star not a 5 because something wrong with our TV which they fixed, and you could hear the loud knock from housekeeping on the other room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Zanesville, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

2 days in downtown New York City! The Jewel was clean, accomodating, great views of Rockefeller Center, close to everything. My wife and I would absolutely use this facility next time in the city! Free bottled water was great due to the temperarure outside. Our room stayed at the temperature we set it for and was not loud and did not distract you. All the amenities one would expect from a Boutique hotel. The staff was polite and could not do enough for the patrons. Close to great restaurants and subway. Cabs always available. Rock Center rifght across the street. Radio City Music Hall around the cornor. Avenue of the Americas had a ten block long street fair saturday. What a great stay and the hotel was the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: just ask! The higher up 15 floors the better the view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Jewel Facing Rockefeller Center? Share your experiences!