“Love East Village Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of East Village Suites

You added East Village Suites to your Saves list
East Village Suites
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenue B and East 4th street, New York City, NY 10009 (East Village)   |
louth
“Love East Village Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Fantastic apartments located in a fantastic area close to everything the East Village has to offer. Chris is a fantastic host and was always prompt in responding to any queries I had prior to travel. These apartments are completely spotless and inviting. Will be staying her again next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Once again stayed in the East Village Suites. This is the absolute best place to stay in NYC! I can't say enough good things about Chris and his apartments. Will NEVER stay anywhere else in New York, period! Amazing apartments, great location! Thank you Chris! David and family.

Stayed March 2014
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am suspicious by nature and was somewhat hesitant booking blindly into a place. Worries were unnecessary. I agree there were some minor annoyances, but the operative word is "minor". For example, we had to wait for a half-hour for someone to give us a key to the building and the apartment, while illegally parked, and hungry, tired and anxious to check-in. This despite the telephone call(s) we were asked to make to update our arrival info. Also, it would be a nice touch if there was some sort of written information posted on the fridge advising of nearby points of interest, a primer on the public transportation system, etc. I also note you cannot sleep on the sofa bed, the mattress is well-worn and too thin.
That being said, the apartment was awesome! The beds in the bedroom were comfy, the bathrooms were fine, the washer/dryer sure came in handy, the kitchen area was adequate for our needs and the place was clean.
I would not find fault that there was no dishwashing liquid as another reviewer did, or no laundry detergent, although it would have been nice to ensure some toilet paper in each bathroom! But there are numerous grocery stores within 1 or 2 short blocks if a traveler did not bring their own. I always bring the essentials when I travel.
The location in East Village is awesome! Right next door is a cafe with fabulous coffees, teas and food, and the people are really nice there. I was even able to use the WiFi connection from the apartment in there while having breakfast. Two doors down we enjoyed a quick bite having really tasty falafel pita sandwiches. There is a nice little neighborhood park a couple of blocks away as well.
I wish my trip was longer so I could have enjoyed more that this neighborhood has to offer. It is suitable for every age group.
I would rent again from Chris without hesitation!

Room Tip: Make sure you know whether your apartment is a ground floor unit or if you must climb stairs if that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travelled to NYC a month ago and booked a 2 bedroom apartment with Chris. We could not have been made to feel more welcome. The apartments are in a perfect location for getting around Manhattan. Chris looks after you very well and the apartments are a great standard and extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at East Village Suites and I'm looking forward to returning soon!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have just got back from an excellent trip to NYC. We stayed in one of Chris' apartments which was perfect for us. There were 5 of us plus my 18 month old daughter, when booking the accommodation Chris was extremely helpful in guiding us to what would be the most suitable suite. I spoke to him numerous times on the telephone and he was always happy to help. When we arrived we were greeted by Chris and his wife and made to feel very welcome, they give us lots of information about the area and the city and upon check out were also very accommodating with regards to our flight time. The apartment was well located, a short walk to Union Square, nice bars and restaurants in the local area and within a nice building. We will definitely stay again if the chance should arise!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am writing this review on my 4th day in apartment 1 with my wife and three teen children. This is by far the best place to stay in NYC. First a few pointers and then I will tell you why its the best.

Pointers:
- Dont follow Google Maps (for some reason it brings you to Avenue B and 12th but the address is Avenue B and 4th.
-Pay very close attention when Chris explains how to use the door lock. They are different then what you are used to. The first time it took a little while to get in. Chris came and explained it to me again and I felt silly, Oh well, you live and learn.

Why its the best:
- You are staying in a safe New York city neighborhood and get to experience what it would really be like to be a New Yorker.
- Chris is an awesome, laid back family oriented Irishman who is eager to please and make your stay comfortable.
- The apartments are very well appointed, spacious, super clean and have the most comfortable beds I have every slept in.
- The A/C worked great.
- The kitchen was handy and although we did not cook much, it made breakfast easy etc...
- The washer and dryer comes in handy.
- The Subway is a 5 minute walk and you are convenient to either uptown or downtown.

Bottom line is that if you want to experience what its like to be a real New Yorker then this is the place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in one of Chris' apartments. Upon arrival we were made to feel very welcome. Great location, a short taxi ride away from most places, with convenient shops and bars just around the corner, and just a short walk to Union Square. The apartment was cosy and very clean, and most of the essentials that you would expect were provided. We were very pleased and really enjoyed our stay. Thanks Chris, we would definitely come again.

• Stayed June 2013