“Terrific choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of East Village Suites

Save Saved
You added East Village Suites to your Saves list
East Village Suites
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenue B and East 4th street, New York City, NY 10009 (East Village)   |
nj
“Terrific choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am suspicious by nature and was somewhat hesitant booking blindly into a place. Worries were unnecessary. I agree there were some minor annoyances, but the operative word is "minor". For example, we had to wait for a half-hour for someone to give us a key to the building and the apartment, while illegally parked, and hungry, tired and anxious to check-in. This despite the telephone call(s) we were asked to make to update our arrival info. Also, it would be a nice touch if there was some sort of written information posted on the fridge advising of nearby points of interest, a primer on the public transportation system, etc. I also note you cannot sleep on the sofa bed, the mattress is well-worn and too thin.
That being said, the apartment was awesome! The beds in the bedroom were comfy, the bathrooms were fine, the washer/dryer sure came in handy, the kitchen area was adequate for our needs and the place was clean.
I would not find fault that there was no dishwashing liquid as another reviewer did, or no laundry detergent, although it would have been nice to ensure some toilet paper in each bathroom! But there are numerous grocery stores within 1 or 2 short blocks if a traveler did not bring their own. I always bring the essentials when I travel.
The location in East Village is awesome! Right next door is a cafe with fabulous coffees, teas and food, and the people are really nice there. I was even able to use the WiFi connection from the apartment in there while having breakfast. Two doors down we enjoyed a quick bite having really tasty falafel pita sandwiches. There is a nice little neighborhood park a couple of blocks away as well.
I wish my trip was longer so I could have enjoyed more that this neighborhood has to offer. It is suitable for every age group.
I would rent again from Chris without hesitation!

Room Tip: Make sure you know whether your apartment is a ground floor unit or if you must climb stairs if that...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travelled to NYC a month ago and booked a 2 bedroom apartment with Chris. We could not have been made to feel more welcome. The apartments are in a perfect location for getting around Manhattan. Chris looks after you very well and the apartments are a great standard and extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend anyone to stay at East Village Suites and I'm looking forward to returning soon!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have just got back from an excellent trip to NYC. We stayed in one of Chris' apartments which was perfect for us. There were 5 of us plus my 18 month old daughter, when booking the accommodation Chris was extremely helpful in guiding us to what would be the most suitable suite. I spoke to him numerous times on the telephone and he was always happy to help. When we arrived we were greeted by Chris and his wife and made to feel very welcome, they give us lots of information about the area and the city and upon check out were also very accommodating with regards to our flight time. The apartment was well located, a short walk to Union Square, nice bars and restaurants in the local area and within a nice building. We will definitely stay again if the chance should arise!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I am writing this review on my 4th day in apartment 1 with my wife and three teen children. This is by far the best place to stay in NYC. First a few pointers and then I will tell you why its the best.

Pointers:
- Dont follow Google Maps (for some reason it brings you to Avenue B and 12th but the address is Avenue B and 4th.
-Pay very close attention when Chris explains how to use the door lock. They are different then what you are used to. The first time it took a little while to get in. Chris came and explained it to me again and I felt silly, Oh well, you live and learn.

Why its the best:
- You are staying in a safe New York city neighborhood and get to experience what it would really be like to be a New Yorker.
- Chris is an awesome, laid back family oriented Irishman who is eager to please and make your stay comfortable.
- The apartments are very well appointed, spacious, super clean and have the most comfortable beds I have every slept in.
- The A/C worked great.
- The kitchen was handy and although we did not cook much, it made breakfast easy etc...
- The washer and dryer comes in handy.
- The Subway is a 5 minute walk and you are convenient to either uptown or downtown.

Bottom line is that if you want to experience what its like to be a real New Yorker then this is the place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in one of Chris' apartments. Upon arrival we were made to feel very welcome. Great location, a short taxi ride away from most places, with convenient shops and bars just around the corner, and just a short walk to Union Square. The apartment was cosy and very clean, and most of the essentials that you would expect were provided. We were very pleased and really enjoyed our stay. Thanks Chris, we would definitely come again.

• Stayed June 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We had a wonderful time during our stay in one of Chris´s apartments. The apartment is very clean and comfortable and perfect to a group of 5-6 people, few steps away from Union Square. I will surely be back. I recommend to everyone!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Maple Ridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

If renting from this owner be aware what you rent is not always what you get. Do not stay in his basement apartment on East 25Th St. It is noisy,it smells of urine from people that are partying in the building then come out for a smoke and a pee. The owner gives you no emergency telephone numbers so if you accidentally lock yourself out you are hooped. He doesn't take late night telephone calls. We were stranded on the sidewalk at 3.00 am in the morning and he wouldn't answer his cell phone. So be aware it is a costly mistake. $ 400.00 later for a locksmith. He comes across as a nice man on the phone but for him it is all about the money. Stay in a hotel. It will save you money and you are never in the apartment except to sleep anyway, which for three nights we got none. He will not compensate you either. Neither of his bathroom fans work so the apartment smells.it was supposed to be equipped like a home but was missing some things like face cloths,hand towels ironing board.wine glasses.can opener and there is no telephone. To his credit he did provide most of these things but not everything. At $450.00 a night you shouldn't have to ask for these things

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
EastVillageSuites, Owner at East Village Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Christine gets the award of being the most difficult guest that has ever stayed in one of our apartments.
She booked a two bedroom with us but called me 3-5 times a week to clarify details about the location, amenities, how many towels we provided etc. I knew from the get go that she was going to be a tough person to please.
After she had booked the 2 bedroom she requested a 3 bedroom which I was eventually able to provide her with. The 3 bedroom that she got was a newly renovated place with new beds, linens etc.
We had guests stay there twice before her arrival and they all loved the place.
Her comments are baseless and on one of the nights that she claims was very noisy I was personally in the building decorating an apartment until 2am and I heard not a beep.

If she locked herself out of the apartment it could only have happened if she either locked the door as she left or had previously put on the self-lock. If it was the later then any locksmith or individual with a little common sense could have opened it with a credit card. I am not even sure if she did lock herself out because she had the lock changed and then called me and told me that if I wanted the key that I would have to pay her for the two free nights and the so-called $400 locksmith fee.

Christine tried to blackmail me from the very beginning of her stay to by stating that if I did not give her two free nights that she would leave a terrible review. I have e-mails to prove it.

Please read all my reviews and the good experiences that people have had in our apartments.

Been to East Village Suites? Share your experiences!