“Wonderful - would highly recommend ++” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added East Village Suites to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
East Village Suites
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenue B and East 4th street, New York City, NY 10009 (East Village)   |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Wonderful - would highly recommend ++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

From the first email to Chris, everything was sensational - traveling from Australia, we were nervous about booking online - but we had confirmation emails, paid by Paypal, and even rang and spoke to Chris before booking.
Chris provided a 2 bedroom, clean apartment for us and another couple. Spotless, comfy beds, small kitchen, 2 bathrooms :) and it was gorgeous.
Location was a short walk to subway, with too many excellent bars and restaurants to sample!!
Thank you Chris - we will definitely be in touch again for another NYC East Village stay.

• Stayed April 2013

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband, sister and Mum stayed four nights in the one-bed apartment. The apartment was comfortable, clean, albeit a little compact for four people requiring three separate beds - but as we'd booked just one week before arrival (we were let down last minute by a previous booking) we knew what to expect!

The apartment itself is very well presented with high ceilings, exposed brick walls, nicely decorated, spotlessly clean, super comfy beds, ample storage, all mod cons, full bathroom, kitchen, including W/D. We definitely got value for money.

The location was ideal - lots of great cafes, bars, restaurants within stumbling distance: Lavagna and Perbacco were our faves followed by drinks at Dorian Gray. Plenty of delis/supermarkets (Key Food, Union Market, Whole Foods) for those key essentials are located within a couple of blocks radius. We didn't actually cook anything in the apartment during our stay - we took advantage of what all the nearby eateries had to offer!

Chris was really helpful and always on hand with any questions or queries we had. Booking, check-in, and check-out was straightforward and easy. So all in all I wholeheartedly recommend East Village Suites and will definitely book with Chris for my next trip to NYC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We booked in January and sent deposit. Recieved email confiming we were booked into a 2 bedroom 2 bath for three nights in May for 5 adults. April we checked to see what details for checking in where going to be and recieved an email back that Chris FORGOT to put us on the schedule and now all his units of that size were booked. He did offer to crowd the 5 of us into a 1 bedroom with 1 bathroom and he would stick some beds in the living room. We could not see five adults stuck into this situation for three nights. He said he would try to get something but never showed much of an effort. We finally got our deposit back and he says he offered a solution at that time, but that is not the thruth. Chris sounds like a really nice person while he is trying to get you to book with him, but was very difficults to get to return calls or actually show an interest in a bad situation caused by poor managing of scheduling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
EastVillageSuites, Manager at East Village Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Steve Hutcheson made a reservation with us back in January and everything was fine with it until we had an issue with the building and the apartment itself. I was able to inform Steve of the problem two months prior to him making the trip and so gave him plenty of time to find another place if he so desired. I also suggested that he be patient because I can always make things right.

He chose to cancel with us and asked that I send back his deposit. I said I could send it back right away in the manner that he sent it to me through PayPal but he would NOT accept the refund this way. He asked for a check and thus the delay of one week(not entirely a long period of time) that he had to wait to get his deposit back.

When his son came to pick up the check for refund deposit I was able to give him the good news that I had an identical two bedroom available for them and for the same period. He informed me that neither he nor his father would be interested in taking the apartment. This is also documented in our e-mail exchange. What can I say...C'est la vie.

I have a very successful business and really care about my guests. They are my priority but I know that not everyone can be happy.
Kensington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My manager and I stayed in NYC for a week on business and could have stayed forever. Chris was the perfect host, full of warmth, charm and very willing to help us with any info we needed for trekking the Big Apple. What a welcome. We chatted in our suite for like old friends..he is such a delightful personality ! We found the suite to be extremely clean, beautiful and was the perfect size for us with 2 bathrooms (an unusual bonus in NY) Also, the beds were so comfortable we wished we could have packed the mattresses to take home! Of all the places we have stayed in our travels through Vegas, London, Ireland, Toronto, etc... this is by far the best and with the best hospitality. We will definitely be back to stay with Chris again and again...and again. Can't recommend it enough !! THANK YOU CHRIS for everything ! Looking forward to seeing you again. Love & Light. Paula Roberts & Heather Mountain

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were a family of 2 adults and our 2 young adult children staying in NYC for 12 nights in February. The East Village Suites Apartment 5L proved to be an excellent choice in location, the standard of the accommodation and value for money. Our apartment was relatively quiet and spacious for New York with 3 bedrooms, a separate lounge/kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It was a great place to retreat to after a long day of shopping or sight-seeing - there was even a washer and dryer. The location was excellent, close to many great restaurants and the subway a 7-10 minute walk away. Our last visit to NYC we had stayed Midtown and were keen to have a more 'authentic' experience for our second trip. The East Village had this in abundance.
Booking and check-in was simple. We arrived the day after a big blizzard had closed down all the airports, which meant that the family who were staying in the apartment before us had not been able to leave. This wasn't a problem since Chris, the host, gave us two 2 Bedroom apartments for our first 2 nights. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the East Village Suites to our friends and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I and another couple stayed here this week. Brilliant apartment, clean, pretty, lots of space and storage, well-equipped kitchen. Close to lots of great bars and shops. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tienen, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

It started with some contradictions about the address where we were going to stay. That already made me a little bit suspicious. Arriving at JFK he told by phone we had to go to yet another address. We could not go to the initial address because of problems with the owner.
Once at the new address he told us that we could only stay one (1!) night, that he would try to find something else, but no guarantee. We have three (3!) children. This apartment was nice, clean, but too small for 5 people anyway.
After some time he came back telling he had found an alternative. Being suspicious in the mean time I asked the phone number of the newer address. I called the owner and she told me that she could not host us for the whole period. He told us we had to take this alternative, because we had to go the day after. "It is this, or on the street" in his words. So again, after 1 night, I was on the street with my 3 children!
When we told him he had to reallocate the next people, we would not move, he started looking around again. He found something else (the day after), smaller, cheaper, but nicer and the owner was really willing to help. We didn't trust Chris anymore so we were happy to move and happy to tell we survived Sandy.
Reading the previous comment his overbooking problem is a habit. Money is his only driver. If nothing goes wrong at his side, you probably will have a good time in NY. But you cannot count on him. His help is only based on solving his own problems, it is not about helping you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to East Village Suites? Share your experiences!