“Great Food, Close to the Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Il Punto Ristorante

Il Punto Ristorante
507 9th Ave, Corner of 38th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)
+1 212-244-0088
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pasta
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 38th Street
Transit: Bus stop on the block of the restaurant on 9th Avenue and corner of 38th Street. On 42nd Street - A,B,C,D, E and F trains nearby.
Description: Your escape to Italy is here, in Midtown Manhattan, at Il Punto Ristorante. Our lunch and dinner menus feature fresh, homemade pastas, seafood, poultry, and veal. Accompany your meal with a selection from our wine list, and a delicious dessert! Il Punto features a main dining room, a full Bar, and two small dining rooms perfect for private events, meetings or celebrations. Buon Appetito!
Pacifica, California
“Great Food, Close to the Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a great meal for three at this wonderful little place. Wonderful atmosphere and great service. We had a wonderful meal experience. It was Father's Day and the server comped us with dessert. A very nice gesture.

Visited June 2013

Burlington, Canada
“Make a point of going to Il Punto when in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My girlfriends and I had dinner at IL PUNTO over Easter weekend. Didn't have a reservation, just walked in and were immediately seated. Service was efficient and friendly and very accommodating. I had the beef carpacio, which I always order if its on a menu, and it was tender
and delicious and filling. But I still wanted pasta - so I asked if they did half portions and they
said that they could do it. I had Fettuccine Alfredo -- it was creamy, rich and hit the spot. Wished that I could have had room for dessert. My girlfriends did have tiramisu and I had a couple of spoon fulls,definitely getting it next time... it was so yummy.
A lovely resto with great food and ambiance and a short walk to the theatre. GO THERE!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“A home run on 9th Avenue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found Il Punto on Trip Advisor's website and we are happy to add our rave review of this terrific restaurant. From the manager, Antonio, to the bartender, Eros (his real name!), to our server, Maria and to the chef, also named Antonio, who puts his own special take on the menu and creates wonderfully delicious dishes (try the sea bass if it's on the menu), they all made us feel like we were long-time friends.

• Visited May 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
“Authentic Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

You want an authentic Italian Restaurant, then come to Il Punto Ristorante. The atmosphere is very romantic and enjoyable. The staff is friendly and efficient. The food was fresh and delicious.
I was craving Italian Cheesecake forever and have gone to several Italian Restaurants and none of them served Italian Cheesecake only NY cheesecake. Well, this restaurant served it and it was amazing.
The servings were large. I was a little disappointed with the salad I had. It stated that it had walnuts in it and it only had 3 pieces on top. The dressing was out of this world and made up for the missing walnuts. That was my only issue.
I highly recommend it and will definitely return!

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Not your usual Italian fare and worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just a short walk from the theatre district, Il Punto is a wonderful change of pace dining experience. Although the cuisine is Italian, the offerings are not the usual fare. We shared an onion gelato with green salad and shrimp that was delicious and refreshing. The striped bass and branzino were cooked to perfection with just the right amount of seasoning. The service is warm and professional but not intrusive. We've dined here a lot and we are always surprised at the variety and delelicious taste of the specials. This is a very special restaurant that is worth the extra few blocks' walk.

• Visited June 2013