“New try - excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Punto Ristorante

Il Punto Ristorante
507 9th Ave, Corner of 38th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)
+1 212-244-0088
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Punto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 11,596 restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 38th Street
Transit: Bus stop on the block of the restaurant on 9th Avenue and corner of 38th Street. On 42nd Street - A,B,C,D, E and F trains nearby.
Description: Your escape to Italy is here, in Midtown Manhattan, at Il Punto Ristorante. Our menu changes seasonally and we offer a chef's menu comprised of 8 small courses at a prix fixe. Executive Chef Antonio Mermolia, from Calabria, Italy, takes great pride in providing innovative dishes, artfully presented in our cozy and elegant dining room. Our lunch and dinner menus feature fresh, homemade pastas, seafood, poultry, and veal. Accompany your meal with a selection from our wine list, and a delicious dessert!
Tucson
“New try - excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

These meatballs were just like my grandmas and in 45 years I have never said that. The good is authentic and the people are nice. They make special small plates for kids so bring the family and mange

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
New York State
“Great atmosphere and creative menu choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from a getaway weekend in NYC. Was looking for a relaxed but upscale place for a good dinner and found just what we were looking for at Il Punto. Great but not obsessive service, creative menu, and a laid back atmosphere that made for a memorable evening.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed friendly atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a very large group, and there was a restricted menu available, which makes sense given that there were so many of us. It was really good quality food, a wonderful plate of antipasti as a starter and the desserts were delicious. Service was friendly and relaxed and we were all made to feel very welcome. It's not haute cuisine but it is very good Italian food, and the sort of place you can feel very at home in straight away. I would go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Incredible experience. very nice place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

After seeing so many positive reviews about this Italian restaurant, my husband and I finally decided to go there for dinner. Oh my God! Maria was our waitress and honestly she was very knowledgeable with the wine and able to suggest the right food. After meeting the chef Antounio , we went for two chef's tasting menu (9 courses each). There's nothing I can say... you just need to try it. I am not being exaggerated when I say that it has been the most unique and particular meal of my life. The gelato salad sublime, the Chilean sea bass very delicate and tasty, the lentil soup with parmigiano reggiano reduction was my husband's favourite . We had the strawberry tiramisu and the chocolate panna cotta , which has definitely been my favourite dish, ever.
All the floor staff was so attentive , present, and friendly . Nice background Italian jazz music.
I honestly didn't appreciate a lot the old fashion style around us. Very good job guys. We'll be back for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Extraordinary!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a wonderful experience! You can go the classic Italian route or try one of the Chef's Creations, which are all extraordinary. I tried scallops with hazel nuts and shrimp with onion gelato. And then, because I couldn't resist, I savored every bit of an extraordinary dessert involving mascarpone and amaretto. I dined with five others, all of whom were extraordinarily pleased. The waiters are fun, non-intrusive, and informative. The owner seems like a lovely gentleman. The decor is pleasing, and on this very cold night, the restaurant was toasty warm. I can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere