“Bring your own blanket!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of New York Carriage Company

New York Carriage Company
Central Park, New York City, NY (Manhattan)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #292 of 810 Activities in New York City
Baltimore, Maryland
25 attraction reviews
“Bring your own blanket!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

During a recent trip to NYC, we decided to take a tour of the short loop around Central Park, and had a wonderful experience despite the chilly weather. The driver was very personable, and knowledgeable of the area's buildings, history, and surroundings. Our horse, Katy, was gorgeous, and very friendly. The only thing I would change next time would be NOT to use the large, fluffy, red blanket that was placed on our laps to shield us from the wind. I made the grave mistake of pulling it to my chest, and once I took a whiff I almost threw up! Regardless if it was never washed or washed several years ago, I'd strongly advise riders to use their own coats as blankets or bring one of those fold-able blankets along for the ride. This way, you can remain cozy, warm, and smelling clean for the remainder of your day. Definitely a must, but preferably on warmer days or nights.

Visited January 2013

Harrisburg, PA
3 attraction reviews
“Thanks to Ariel for the most memorable NYC Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Last month I ventured into the Big city with my girlfriend to treat her to shopping, dinner, a show, and then.. Pop the big question. Ariel helped me plan out the evening. Even with a hiccup in plans, he helped deliver and bring me right to the spot where I wanted to pop the question. She was speechless, and I thank Ariel for helping play along and give me some tips! He’s very informative too! We had a great ride in his carriage! Bring a camera too! He’ll even snap a few photos!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Ariel is THE BEST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Upon the recommendation of other Trip Advisor reviewers, my sisters and I booked a Pink Ride of Central Park with Ariel of the New York Carriage Company. While it was a little difficult getting with him to plan our trip (we played a lot of phone tag and emailing back and forth), it was more than worth the effort. Ariel is a delightful fellow, bursting with enthusiasm and all kinds of information about Central Park. He even brought along a history book loaded with pictures which he would produce at relevant times during the tour. He had us get out of the carriage to see an especially beautiful tunnel in the park, and as we entered the tunnel, we happened upon a most moving impromptu concert of Ave Maria by a young couple. I appreciate him offering to do this for us. I have been on other carriage rides of Central Park, and NONE would even come close to Ariel's. His price was very fair, and you get your money's worth. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to enjoy this most beautiful park, and those who want to learn more about it's history.

“ARIEL IS awesome!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I surprised my daughter with a carriage ride for her 7th bday. I booked with Ariel bases on his excellent reviews and boy am I so happy I did. He made it a night that we will never forget. He was constantly in touch with us, picked up our hot chocolate, made my daughter feel so special with her bday candle and special bday song he spent an hour looking for. I was so upset I had forgotten my camera battery and thank god he brought his and took us on an amazing photo shoot. My daughter got to feed "blackie" which is something she won't forget. Ariel truly has a passion for his job and is the nicest person I met in the city. I can't thank him enough for one of the most memorable hours of my life!!!

Perth
3 attraction reviews
“A memorable proposal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This review is very personal as I booked a carriage ride with Ariel to propose to my girlfriend last week and WOW what an experience! Ariel has been riding people through Central Park for 30 years so the ride before the proposal was very special and his calming demeanour didn't give away what was to follow. Ariel took us to a very secluded spot by the lake with an incredible view to the city. I don't want to give away his secrets but the location and what we found there was very special. After the proposal there were roses spread on our sets, a candle to make a wish, and my fiancé's favourite song playing. It was very special. Ariel is a very genuine man, he even had a tear in his eye. I highly recommend booking Ariel for a unique ride through Central Park, you will remember it for a very long time.