“The Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Hotel

You added The Pearl Hotel to your Saves list
The Pearl Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   233 West 49th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Special Rate
Book direct and SAVE !!
Ranked #13 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Elanora, Australia
“The Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you want to see the best of New York and be in all the action but not the noise, with a very comfortable affordable hotel, this is the perfect hotel.
My husband and I stayed her in December 18th to 23rd with our grown up daughters for 5 days ( separate rooms )
Doing shows, shopping and site seeing. The Pearl is central to everything, walking distance to Times Square, the theatres and transport. The hotel was very clean, very good size rooms and modern with a capsule coffee machine. Service was excellent and they had a free wine and cheese hour in the afternoon. Breakfast was good as well, fresh and plenty to eat. Would highly recommend this Motel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

it was the kind of stay you would hope for in big apple.everything was great.the weather could of been better but the hotel was simply fantastinc.our whole family had a great time.very helpfull staff with great knowledge of the area.thank you

Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed for one night and we we're taken back by the service. We we're greeted fairly well by the front desk staff but it was the house person, luggage and door person who took us away with great customer service. Without having to ask the luggage man and door person took our luggage and open our doors with a smile. The breakfast was complimentary and a nice surprise with fresh fruit and the normal continental breakfast. We had a short but great stay. I would love to go back someday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We really enjoyed our five day stay of the Pearl last month. We had a wonderful room and the people at the front desk were very helpful and professional. Even the doorman got to know us after a day or two. I do not enjoy staying in Times Square particularly, but we had to be there for other reasons. The Pearl was an oasis in the middle of a tourist jungle.

• Stayed April 2014
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Great hotel in the theatre district, close to everything. Room was very nice, clean, well appointed. The bathroom is beautiful, great shower! There were 5 of us so we booked a double queen with the sofa bed. The only negative thing about our stay was the sofa bed which I found to be extremely uncomfortable (even for a sofa bed!) The mattress was a very thin foam pad that looked like it had a little mold residue on the underside. Pull it off the bed and put it on the floor if you want to sleep. The continental breakfast and wine/cheese hour are bonuses. The staff are very accommodating and pleasant. Helped us celebrate 2 birthdays and Mother's Day in style. Great choice, would definitely go back!!

katy tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

On 03/09 my wife and our 2 adult children stayed at The Pearl for 4 nights. This hotel was fantastic! It's location was right in the heart of the Theater District only minutes, by walking, to 30 Rock, Times Square, and Central Park. The hotel itself is a hidden gem. Our room with 2 queen beds was very spacious, with comfortable beds and a large bathroom with a separate shower and bath tub. They also had sound proof walls so unless there was a knock at the door we heard nothing from the outside. The staff was great. The doormen were very knowledgeable of the area. One day we rode the subway( a block away) to ground zero and the doorman told us what number train to ride so we did not have to change trains. One of the best perks of staying there was the hotel's complimentary breakfast. A great variety of items to choose from and always attendants there to keep the items stocked. Breakfast was on the second floor and even after breakfast was over there were always snacks out for the guests as well as a huge(enclosed) glass cooler of fresh iced water with lemon wedges on the 1st and 2nd floor for parched guests to get a glass from. We loved our stay there and would most definitely stay there again. As a matter of fact I hesitated to write this review because I wanted to try to keep this hotel a secret. I struggled with my conscience and decided as a "trip advisor" follower I had an obligation to let all other followers to know that this hotel is the real deal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I'm a retired international airline captain who stayed in hotels all over the world for 30 years. "The Pearl" is the best overall hotel I've ever experienced. It is clear why it is rated #15 in NYC.

During my working years, I was on a pilot's group that evaluated hotels before the company signed a contract for our crew layovers. I know how to spot the small deficiencies. I could find NONE at "The Pearl!" There was no indication of wear or tear anywhere. I tried to find dust on ledges in the room, hallways and lobby; none. Floors immaculate with no dirt buildup in the corners from cleaning. Bathroom spotless. I could go on with more but you get the picture.

I've never felt so at home so quickly when away from home. Without exception, every employee I encountered was outstanding.

Two employees attend the breakfast area constantly. They clean up after spilled food on the counter and keep everything well supplied. This too was way above my experiences at other hotels.

The location is unbeatable. I was there with my 13 year old granddaughter for a week playing tourist. We had a wonderful week and staying at "The Pearl" was the cement that held it all together. I would never consider staying anywhere else when I return. As you read other reviews, you clearly will see my experience was the norm and not the exception. To be clear, I have no connection to the hotel or it's employees other than being a first time guest.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Pearl Hotel? Share your experiences!